TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image

Friday, June 12th, 2015 10:29am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, People News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 27,358

Takara Tomy's TFYuki has taken to Twitter again, this time to share an image of the finished product of their Unite Warriors (Hasbro's Combiner Wars) Superion in combined form, posed and ready for action!

This beautiful, and G1 accurate version of the Combiner Wars Aerialbot molds has been a highly anticipated release and images like these don't make the wait any easier! Unite Warriors Superion will be released in just about 2 weeks from now, so the wait's almost over. Until then, check out our galleries of the Combiner Wars originals!

To see Superion (with Alpha Bravo) click here.
To see Quickslinger (Slingshot) click here.

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697660)
Posted by RhA on June 12th, 2015 @ 10:35am CDT
As individuals, Hasbro's bots win. Combined Takara wins. Tough call.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697689)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2015 @ 12:39pm CDT
RhA wrote:As individuals, Hasbro's bots win. Combined Takara wins. Tough call.

It depends what we will display them in. I planned on displaying them in combined mode so getting choosing the takara version over hasbro was a no brainer. Also, I really like Takara's painted shoulders on silverbolt. I really dislike how the extensive sculpting in that area is devoid of paint in the hasbro version, it's obviously lacking something.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697693)
Posted by no-one on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:15pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:"teaser pic of Takara's Devastator"

Hahaha, what a cruel teaser pic. It hides everything that we want to see. It also looks like a newspaper clipping reprinted from microfiche at the local library. Well play Takara, well played. jerks
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697703)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:46pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:"teaser pic of Takara's Devastator"

Just kidding, I found it so funny I had to comment on it
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697796)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 12th, 2015 @ 5:24pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:It's only a week away! :D This is actually pretty good news that they will reveal their Devastator before SDCC this way you can decide which one you'll want.

Exactly, my friend! Soon I'll know which version of Devastator I'll be investing in. Even though I'll still have to wait a while to get ANY of the upcoming releases, at least I'll have the peace of mind knowing what the goal is, in terms of time and money, to get this awesome beast in my collection. :)

Spanbauer wrote:Really, really, really hope that teaser picture isn't actually Takara Tomy's Devastator, because if it is it'll have more in common with the Hasbro retail version than the SDCC version (obviously the photo is very silhouetted, but you can tell there are no additional decals on Scavenger's vehicle mode, no purple waist on Devastator, no black treads on Bonecrusher, no extra decal on Devastator's waist). So hopefully they just grabbed a photo of the Hasbro retail version for this silhouette teaser and this isn't actually their version.

On the other paw, if that IS a photoshop of the legit Takara version, looks like the shades are IN for their release. That makes me quite happy. :)
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697807)
Posted by shajaki on June 12th, 2015 @ 5:58pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:On the other paw
:lol:
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697826)
Posted by Spanbauer on June 12th, 2015 @ 7:09pm CDT
From TF YUKI's Twitter: Image

So, we've got G1-style guns for the whole crew, which is awesome. This is also our first look at the shades of green and purple Takara Tomy are using, and both look perfect in my book.

Regarding differences, Hook has silver on the front of his legs and a purple ankle joint. Bonecrusher actually has LESS paint apps, missing the silver on his arms and just leaving them green. Can't tell if Mixmaster has the painted headlights like the SDCC version; doesn't look like it but they're indented so could be the angle.

Bonecrusher's plain arms makes me think they're going with a literal G1 cartoon approach, stripping away paint apps ala Dragstrip instead of finding a balance between the original toy and cartoon.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697834)
Posted by shajaki on June 12th, 2015 @ 7:58pm CDT
Seibertronian Spanbauer has shared a TFyuki Tweet with us tonight of Transformers Unite Warriors Devastator, featuring their... GUNS?! Its been observed that Hasbro's Combiner Wars Constructicons don't have individual firearms, so if this means TakaraTomy's green team is packing heat it would definitely set them apart. Remember folks all will be revealed on June 20th at the 2015 Tokyo Toy show, and Seibertron will be ready so stay tuned!

Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697836)
Posted by Moosey on June 12th, 2015 @ 8:16pm CDT
Ooh! Wonder how much Takara's option is gonna be, as the addition of these guns makes it a viable option at this point. On the flipside, I'm likely gonna have this guy combined most of the time, so then again, Hasbro retail might be the way to go for value.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697838)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 12th, 2015 @ 8:18pm CDT
TT it is then! =P~
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697839)
Posted by Seibertron on June 12th, 2015 @ 8:18pm CDT
Guess that takes care of this discussion and complaint.

Seibertron wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:My biggest gripe with Devastator is that the individual Constructicons don't have their guns. Seems like for $150 we could have gotten 6 guns to make this a complete set.

True, veru true. But is it possible they did not include them for fear of being unable to store them well? :BOT:

Yeah they use the combiner pieces as weapons.

I think he means individual rifles, like how the deluxes come with a weapon and the combiner piece

I know, but if they had rifles, where would the combiner pieces go?

if they had individual weapons they would attach somewhere in vehicle mode like the original constructicons but when combined i would say they get put aside. why would there weapons need to go anywhere on devastator? he has a big ass gun!

Well I'll be damned. Thanks Takara and WTH Hasbro!?!?

Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697849)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 12th, 2015 @ 9:02pm CDT
These guns are a game changer for me, I might just wait for the Takara version. I noticed a peg on one of them which might be for weapon storage or the weapons combine.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697851)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 12th, 2015 @ 9:13pm CDT
Spanbauer wrote:From TF YUKI's Twitter: Image

And the Takara version of Devastator takes the lead, still (largely) sight unseen!
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697858)
Posted by mbd88prime on June 12th, 2015 @ 9:45pm CDT
yep with guns and what i'm sure will be better paint apps this is probably the route ill go. just hope the premium isn't too much extra
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697860)
Posted by jay5 on June 12th, 2015 @ 9:49pm CDT
Not to take away from Devy chat, but what are your thoughts on Hasbro Superion vs the soon-to-release TT UW-01 version? Aside from the combiner differences, which isn't a big deal as the Hasbro ones are available individually, with us only a week away from release, have we gotten a full list of the differences the TT version will have?
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697867)
Posted by shajaki on June 12th, 2015 @ 10:30pm CDT
jay5 wrote:Not to take away from Devy chat, but what are your thoughts on Hasbro Superion vs the soon-to-release TT UW-01 version?
Hasbro's Superion is pretty great. I like Alpha Bravo, but as a limb I feel the propeller takes away from the overall look. I recently acquired Quickslinger, and he looks FANTASTIC but his snow white really clashes with Silverbolts off-white. I'm really clamoring for UW Superion =P~
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697868)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 12th, 2015 @ 10:42pm CDT
i will be sold if they all have elbows.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697874)
Posted by Seibertron on June 12th, 2015 @ 11:30pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:i will be sold if they all have elbows.

Scrapper isn't going to have elbows. The size and weight of Devastator makes this impossible with his arms being the "heel" support of the right leg in combined mode.
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697878)
Posted by jay5 on June 12th, 2015 @ 11:37pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

Yeah, I notice that in every video review I watch. Glad I'm not alone. :lol:

Do you think the TT version will match the paints on those two since they come as a set?
Re: TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image (1697879)
Posted by Seibertron on June 12th, 2015 @ 11:40pm CDT
jay5 wrote:
shajaki wrote:

Yeah, I notice that in every video review I watch. Glad I'm not alone. :lol:

G1 Superion doesn't match either. Silverbolt is off white and Slingshot is regular white.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY