TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison!

Transformers News: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison!

Monday, November 3rd, 2014 8:16am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, People News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 68,858

Yuki's at it again, firing up his camera and tweeting his newest in hand previews of upcoming Legends figures.

Up first? Cloud Roadbuster/Energon Ironhide.
Followed by a comparison of the Hasbro and Takara versions of Tankor!
A nice single shot of Brainstorm in vehicle mode, ready to be piloted by Arcana, and finally, a humorous wrap up to this collection of photos as Rattle/Rattrap takes off with AoE Hound's firearms, so he can go on a hunting spree.

You can see Yuki's Twitter feed by clicking here: https://twitter.com/TFYUKI

And the mirrored images below, but before you do, check out our galleries of Generations Rattrap and Tankor! Also, while you're there, check out our gallery of Energon Ironhide, the idea for the Cloud figure, and the base mold, Generations Roadbuster.

Credit(s): http://www.twitter.com/TFYUKI

Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619205)
Posted by megatronus on November 3rd, 2014 @ 8:26am CST
Sweet. My 6 Hasbro Tankor drones are eagerly awaiting their Takara leader. 8)
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619212)
Posted by Black Hat on November 3rd, 2014 @ 8:38am CST
That Gerwalk Car... :lol:

Takara's Tankor looks superb. Shame Takara stuff costs so much or I'd army build them.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619215)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on November 3rd, 2014 @ 8:42am CST
This is better than before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619217)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on November 3rd, 2014 @ 8:46am CST
Delta Magnus wrote:That Gerwalk Car... :lol:

Yeah, I totally agree on that one.I really wish Hasbro was smart enough to paint toys like Takara Tomy does.Take for example,The Transformers GO! toys are so much better painted than their Beast Hunters counterparts.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619228)
Posted by Optimizzy on November 3rd, 2014 @ 9:07am CST
well, its a different market and they cost more. That's why the paint is so good. It is a shame though, that Hasbro can't do this kind of paint. If I saw this Tankor on the shelf I'd get him. It's really the paint that holds me back.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619229)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 3rd, 2014 @ 9:07am CST
Good point about those GO! figures. I actually caved in and got a few of those. Amazing what a different paint scheme can do.

This is a much more subtle difference. I was thinking it might be just the logo on the chest... but then I saw all the silver instead of the gray plastic. Takara looks MUCH better. Like many of you, I'm certainly gonna use Takara for my leader and Hasbro for the troops.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619249)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on November 3rd, 2014 @ 9:23am CST
Yes,Tankor looks cheap without the silver on his head.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619287)
Posted by Shockwave7 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 11:07am CST
The Tankor mold stinks no matter how it's painted. It's just not very good, sorry to say. But I guess the folks who are weary of complicated transformations will like it.

I mean, even the name - 'Tankor' - sounds like they just phoned it in.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619328)
Posted by Black Hat on November 3rd, 2014 @ 1:03pm CST
Tankor has been around since forever. He first appeared in Beast Machines in, what was it, 1998? In any case, he'll make an excellent army builder. I might get a bunch of these and some of the vintage Tank Drone figures to build myself a Decepticon Heavy Armour Platoon, led by the BM Tankor figure (who like most of the BM Vehicons is an awesome figure to this day).
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619338)
Posted by Cobotron on November 3rd, 2014 @ 1:25pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote:(who like most of the BM Vehicons is an awesome figure to this day).

I have always dug this toy. It tickles my TF bone the same way G2 Laser Prime does.
Can't explain it. Just does.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619817)
Posted by mooncake623 on November 5th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
Check out the in package image of Transformers Legends LG-03 Tankor TF Yuki just tweeted! Due to be released on the 29th of this month, will you be picking this up or do you perfer the Hasbro version? Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub and Check out the image we mirrored below.

Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619819)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 5th, 2014 @ 8:39am CST
I wish Hasbro packaged their Deluxes like that.

Then again, if they did I'd probably want to save them all, so maybe it's better they don't.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619859)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 5th, 2014 @ 11:29am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I wish Hasbro packaged their Deluxes like that.

I 2nd that notion...although I've save many a figure in my time regardless of blister or box. The box size for this figure is awesome though. :BOT:
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619861)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 5th, 2014 @ 11:35am CST
I wish USA would switch to those great Takara style cards that slide out. You slit the tape and there they are. They can be repacked and displayed looking as good as new. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619876)
Posted by Flashpoint_82 on November 5th, 2014 @ 12:24pm CST
Jep, Tankor seems pretty boring that all are talking about the box. Funny ;)
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619879)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 5th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CST
Flashpoint_82 wrote:Jep, Tankor seems pretty boring that all are talking about the box. Funny ;)

=;
I like Tankor. It's sitting on my desk right now. It has a great bot mode with great articulation, and it's very fun to pose. We're only talking about the packaging because we just saw a picture or it.
>:oP
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619957)
Posted by Bassmasterdust on November 5th, 2014 @ 8:53pm CST
Its a cool package, but no comic?
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619964)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 5th, 2014 @ 9:13pm CST
This also works as an homage to how his boss BM Megatron's toy was deluxe sized, but Hasbro put it in a box to sell as a Mega for $15 instead of $10! The punchline being that today's deluxes average $15 anyway.

Whether that makes fans outside of Japan feel better or worse about the cost of importing this, I couldn't say, since I haven't bought any Japanese figures in a while. Might make an exception for Rattrap, but I'm mostly waiting to see if I can beat other army builders to any future deals on Hasbro Tankor. I'm patient, since it'll be a long time before I get around to painting 'em all mint green and white anyway.

And as much as I too would like collector-friendly packaging, it would also be extremely toy-swapper-friendly packaging, yes? We'd have to take into account whether Japan tends to have different return policies or sharper customer service people before pestering Hasbro to try that as well.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1619970)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 5th, 2014 @ 9:53pm CST

No IDW comics in the Tomy releases.
Re: TFYuki Unveils Legends (Generations) Tankor, With Comparison! (1620010)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 6th, 2014 @ 6:32am CST

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege BATTLE MASTERS RUNG And SINGE  War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock (Hasbro, 2012) Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Autobot T-Rex" on EBAY
Buy "Universal Studios Transformers Bumblebee Elongated Penny Coin Token" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2016 Transformers Evolution Soundwave Tablet Exclusive Apple iPad" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Figure and Parts Lot - Megatron Strongarm Acid Storm RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Decepticon Insecticon Kickback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Electronic Bumblebee 10" Figure Hasbro A1076 2012" on EBAY