The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon

The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 1:43pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 37,568

Are you ready for the 7th Annual Seibertron.com bar meetup? This year it will be held on Friday, April 27th at BotCon 2012. Join us around 8 or 9pm at Monduel's inside of the Hyatt Regency in Dallas, Texas, located on the atrium level. There will be a lot of familiar faces from previous years, plenty of socializing and well deserved drinking! No need to be shy; come out and introduce yourself to your fellow Seibertronians and bump elbows with Transformers fans from all over the world. Make sure you're there! If you plan on attending, let us know in this topic or on our Facebook event page.

Hyatt Regency wrote:Kick back and relax at Monduel’s, the Dallas Texas bar at our Hyatt Regency hotel. Catch a draft and burger while you’re watching the big game on our HDTV. Groove to a tune of your choosing from the juke box, or challenge a friend to a round of pool or a game of shuffleboard. If work calls your name, pop open your laptop and enjoy the Wi-Fi access. It’s your choice – our downtown Dallas bar is yours for the evening.

Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., daily (no minors after 10:00 p.m., please)
Menu: To view the Monduel's menu, please click here.

For more information, please visit our Facebook page for this event at https://www.facebook.com/events/412475178782279/.

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 19th, 2012 2:08pm CDT

Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370876)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CDT

Hey, that's me and my fiance on the right! Sorry guy on the left, I forgot your name, but I remember you were a nice guy.

I'm not going this year, but to those of you who ARE going, I encourage you to go the meetup. For me, it was one of the highlights of the trip. And my fiance was surprised to find that TF collectors are fairly normal people, some with spouses and kids, and that some of them are actually female!
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370886)
Posted by Seibertron on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:56pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Image

And this is exactly why the meetups are fun ... you get to put faces to online names and find out that we're all more normal than our obsessions lead others to believe. :D

Bummer you won't be attending this year, GuyIncognito. Hopefully next year.

And congrats on your engagement!
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370892)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:06pm CDT
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370894)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:07pm CDT
I will definitely try to be there (though, no alcohol for me, thanks :saint: ).

Though, does one have to be a guest at the hotel in order to get in to attend this meetup?

And, out of curiousity, what's the usual attendance amount of Seibertronians for this occasion? Like, is it a select number of us who tend to show up, or a very large sum of us?

And, how late do these meetups of our usually run? (I waana get enough sleep to get up early enough for Saturday morning's entry line ;) )
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370898)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I will definitely try to be there (though, no alcohol for me, thanks :saint: ).

Not sure if you will have to be a guest in the hotel, but since it's a bar, I am guessing you should be able to get there at least.

Attendance is always good for the meetups...well I didn't go to Botcon last year, so I can't vouch for that, but every year since 2007 this has been one of my favorite parts of Botcon.

The meetups go as long as you want it and as long as there are collectors willing to drink. I'm not a drinker, but during Botcon, I will always throw a few back.
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370900)
Posted by Seibertron on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Oh SNAP!! Ultra Magnus AKA Q!!! Where has he been? Haven't seen him since Cincy.

He still is around kickin' ass and takin' names here in Chi-town. Hopefully we can all convince him to go next year!
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370904)
Posted by Starscream on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:31pm CDT
Best photos evarrrr
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370912)
Posted by G1 Legacy on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:45pm CDT

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

And after that looooong drive I'll probobly be ready for a brewsky or two.
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370913)
Posted by LiKwid on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:48pm CDT

My first year in 2010 we took up a good size outdoor cabana resturant at disney . I had a hard time stumblin to each table to introduce myself :P

As for how late they run...oh boy.. I was a bit under the weather in 2010 but I know I was in the lobby until they stopped serving drinks soooo..ya never know :P.

The meetup itself was the highlight of my trip and im looking foward to it this year :)
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370915)
Posted by LiKwid on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:Barring any unforseen catastrophe I should be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone officially.

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

And after that looooong drive I'll probobly be ready for a brewsky or two.

Your driving from florida? Ouch..I've made that drive 4 times in my life and it is brutal but at least its a straight shot. Good luck and safe driving!
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370925)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on April 19th, 2012 @ 4:13pm CDT
Holy crapmonkeys YES! I'm starting to get really excited about this!

I also like how I'm only in the last picture and I look either completely wasted, high, asleep, or all of the above. Man my hair was weird, too.
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370926)
Posted by Seibertron on April 19th, 2012 @ 4:18pm CDT
Hoitytoity wrote:Holy crapmonkeys YES! I'm starting to get really excited about this!

Looking forward to seeing you next week as well. I'm getting excited about BotCon at long last finally too.

As for that pic, I think a lot of us were three sheets to the wind that night so that might explain the looks on some of our faces.
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370936)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2012 @ 4:55pm CDT
I get the feeling that I'll be one of the only few of us who will be completely sober that night. ;)
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370942)
Posted by Deltabot on April 19th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CDT
Darn, I have school that day! :-x
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370964)
Posted by Seibertron on April 19th, 2012 @ 6:07pm CDT
Deltabot wrote:Darn, I have school that day! :-x

Do you have it at night? We're meeting up around 8pm.
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370967)
Posted by Seibertron on April 19th, 2012 @ 6:11pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

And after that looooong drive I'll probobly be ready for a brewsky or two.

When are you getting into Dallas, LiKwid?
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370980)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 19th, 2012 @ 7:04pm CDT
I wish I could attend, but... don't have the funds/means of transportation to do so. Woulda been nice to meet my fellow Seibertronians... remember to raise a glass for all those who couldn't attend this year! ;)
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370984)
Posted by --B-- on April 19th, 2012 @ 7:11pm CDT
Ugh, way to ruin the story by having my ugly mug in one of the pics, thankfully its a little blurry.

I will be there!
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1370985)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on April 19th, 2012 @ 7:11pm CDT
Like Sabrblade I don't drink, but I love to pop in on these gatherings for a while.... :) I'd love to meet more of you! :)
Re: The 7th Annual Seibertron.com Meetup at BotCon (1371012)
Posted by G1 Legacy on April 19th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
LIKWID wrote:

Brutal you say? Yep, don't remind me LOL :lol: Actually I'm leaving from South West Georgia, and I'll hit I-10 in Marianna Florida and then cross over to I-20 at some point (I think). I still gotta double check my routes, but I'm heading out Thursday morning at 4:30am so I should be getting there around 4 or 5 central time. Hauling ass like Cliffjumper all the way...(the little four cylinder that could).

:???: Actually I think the Porsche 944 is a flat-6 cylinder so scratch that...I'll be hauling ass like Bumblebee...........(slow). :lol:

ROAD TRIIIIIIIP!!!
:DANCE: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay:

Nope, 944 is an inline 4cylinder, I was right the first time. Pardon my rambling folks LOL
Lets just say for the sake of argument that I'll be hauling booty. 8) ;)^

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY