'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft

'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft

Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 8:19pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 28,044

With the overall positive fan appreciation for the very different covers drawn by Hutchison, he was asked to continue to draw covers for the ALL HAIL MEGATRON: CODA issues as retailer incentives after the initial 12 issue series was completed.

Now, with ALL HAIL looking to be released this summer as THE COMPLETE ALL HAIL MEGATRON collection compiling all issues together in one hard back version, Trevor Hutchison was asked to come back and draw the wrap-around cover for it.

IDW Publishing kindly forwarded a draft of what we can expect to see on the shelf this June.

Check out the simple, elegant image below.

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1205415)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 5th, 2011 @ 8:55pm CDT
Awesome. I missed 2 of these, I will buy this. Great cover art!
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1205441)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 5th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CDT
I already have all the trades... and a few extras. :roll:
But it's a hard back? Dang. Now I want it.
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1205454)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 5th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CDT
Classy cover!
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1205517)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 6th, 2011 @ 2:40am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:I already have all the trades... and a few extras. :roll:
But it's a hard back? Dang. Now I want it.

Bah, me too now, thanks for mentioning that.
This was a kickass series. Love the part with Reflector making a mess with human flesh.
:CON:
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1205637)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 6th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:When ALL HAIL MEGATRON first came out, each issue was shipped having two cover versions, one cover being a reference to propaganda art drawn by Australian artist, Trevor Hutchison.

Check out the simple, elegant image below.

Sweet! Looks like another great hardcover from IDW. It will go next to my copies of The Art of Jim Starlin, The Rocketeer Deluxe Hardcover, Shockrockets, all 3 of John Byrne's Next Men, and the upcoming The Art of George Perez.
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1206404)
Posted by synapse on April 8th, 2011 @ 4:53am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:This was a kickass series.

Couldn't disagree more. But...

Is this hardcover including issues 1-12? The cover doesn't look like the book will be too thick. Does it feature the CODA issues? What about the Spotlights which were labelled as part of the AHM series?
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1206413)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 8th, 2011 @ 5:39am CDT
synapse wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:This was a kickass series.

Couldn't disagree more. But...

I would assume that's a yes, on all counts, but I'm not on IDW's bankroll, so I don't know exactly what is in it.
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1208027)
Posted by hutch on April 11th, 2011 @ 10:42pm CDT
Hi guys,

From what I know, this book includes EVERYTHING! 492 Pages - All 4 volumes including Coda and the Spotlights, plus sketches etc. The image you see above is an early concept image I sent to the editors, so it may be misleading. The spine of the book is actually much thicker.

Cheers - Trevor (Hutch)
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1208059)
Posted by synapse on April 12th, 2011 @ 1:13am CDT
hutch wrote:Hi guys,

From what I know, this book includes EVERYTHING!

Hey, Trevor.
Thanks for the info. Honestly, I'd only buy this for your covers and the Coda story that Nick wrote. The rest of the series was a huge waste of time and potential for me. But it's nice to know I wouldn't need to buy more books or anything after getting this one.

So yeah, just in case... your work rocks ;)
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1208113)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 12th, 2011 @ 7:03am CDT
Does anyone know whether this will be released on the kindle?

I've already started download the individual instalments separately, however if they are available as a complete series then I think I'll just wait and download that instead.
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1249107)
Posted by El Duque on June 29th, 2011 @ 1:27am CDT
Back in April we were treated with a cover draft of IDW's forthcoming THE COMPLETE ALL HAIL MEGATRON collection. The hardback's wrap around cover will feature Australian artist Trevor Hutchison's popular propaganda style artwork. An image of the finished product has surfaced on IDW's forums, and is mirrored below.

Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1249423)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on June 29th, 2011 @ 12:54pm CDT
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1249469)
Posted by El Duque on June 29th, 2011 @ 2:40pm CDT
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:I haven't read any of these but I think I want to start. Just curious, will this include the issues with Megatron in his new stealth jet form?

No, he does not take on that alt mode until ongoing. This is only a collection of the AHM series.
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1249495)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on June 29th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Oh ok. Would you recommend buying this? I don't read comics for the most part, but I have enjoyed the Movie prequels/tie-ins and I like what I have seen of the Ongoing previews posted here. Also is the Ongoing series available in a set like this yet?
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1249708)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on June 30th, 2011 @ 12:21am CDT
I love it!
Re: 'The Complete All Hail Megatron' Collection Cover Draft (1249711)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 30th, 2011 @ 12:23am CDT
I really liked AHM... I know some don't, but I'm not sure why... It was one of the best, most fluent TF comics i've read, imo. Someone should make an oldschool animated toon out of the entire comic.
:CON:

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY