The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Sunday, September 29th, 2013 4:46PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 66,922

Thanks to some Instagram users and other sources, we have several images from the Age of Extinction set that features a black, law enforcement-themed Chevrolet Suburban driving alongside the red Pugani Huayra and the Freightliner Argosy long believed by fans to be either Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, or Stunticon leader Motormaster. Usually, we'd write this off as belonging to human law enforcement, however one detail prevents us doing so: the very same vehicle was used to represent the Decepticon troopers, affectionately called the Dreads for their dreadlocks, in the last Transformers film, Dark of the Moon. Could this mark the return of the Decepticon cannon fodder, or is it just pure coincidence that the vehicle is on the set? Speculate away here in the Seibertron.com forums!

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?
Credit(s): Instagram users "acostaedge" and "adriang1977"
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520739)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:50am CDT
I think that they are the steves of the movie-verse, footsoldiers, generic grunts with the same alt modes, etc. Surviving cons from DOTM even? I know the destruction of the spacebridge sucked up all the ships and such, but I doubt all the leftover grunts were accounted for. They're either chasing an autobot, or thats a deception. Make a nice stunticon. Hell, that "dread" could very well be wildrider if stunticons are the case.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520744)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 30th, 2013 @ 1:38am CDT
probably another blackout/grindor situation
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520840)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT

I say scrap these guys and put on robots with tattoos and piercings - cause, y'know, tattoos and piercings are even evil-er than dreads! :lol:
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520868)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I hated the "dreads". I guess I'm the only one too conservative to put DREADLOCKS on f*cking robots. :BANG_HEAD:

Starscream did have Tattoo's (Or at least that's what they called them) on his alt mode in ROTF.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520886)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:

Well, shoot! Then I guess Michael Bay has answered all my requests! :x (except the piercings :PRAY: )

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS loose incomplete lot 7 figures OPTIMUS Megatron - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 8 minutes 2 seconds
SDCC 2012 HASBRO Transformers Bruticus Generations Fall of Cybertron MISB RARE! - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 9 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Coronation Starscream - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 10 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Decepticon Police Shield Barricade Track Jacket Size XXL - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 12 minutes 12 seconds
2011 Hasbro Transformers Movie Dark of The Moon Target Exclusive Starscream NY - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 13 minutes 35 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave in USA NOW! - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 14 minutes 56 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Sandstorm - Brand New Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 14 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2006 Classic Universe RID Deluxe Class STARSCREAM Figure Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 15 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes