The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Sunday, September 29th, 2013 4:46PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 67,448

Thanks to some Instagram users and other sources, we have several images from the Age of Extinction set that features a black, law enforcement-themed Chevrolet Suburban driving alongside the red Pugani Huayra and the Freightliner Argosy long believed by fans to be either Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, or Stunticon leader Motormaster. Usually, we'd write this off as belonging to human law enforcement, however one detail prevents us doing so: the very same vehicle was used to represent the Decepticon troopers, affectionately called the Dreads for their dreadlocks, in the last Transformers film, Dark of the Moon. Could this mark the return of the Decepticon cannon fodder, or is it just pure coincidence that the vehicle is on the set? Speculate away here in the Seibertron.com forums!

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?
Credit(s): Instagram users "acostaedge" and "adriang1977"
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520739)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:50am CDT
I think that they are the steves of the movie-verse, footsoldiers, generic grunts with the same alt modes, etc. Surviving cons from DOTM even? I know the destruction of the spacebridge sucked up all the ships and such, but I doubt all the leftover grunts were accounted for. They're either chasing an autobot, or thats a deception. Make a nice stunticon. Hell, that "dread" could very well be wildrider if stunticons are the case.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520744)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 30th, 2013 @ 1:38am CDT
probably another blackout/grindor situation
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520840)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT

I say scrap these guys and put on robots with tattoos and piercings - cause, y'know, tattoos and piercings are even evil-er than dreads! :lol:
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520868)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I hated the "dreads". I guess I'm the only one too conservative to put DREADLOCKS on f*cking robots. :BANG_HEAD:

Starscream did have Tattoo's (Or at least that's what they called them) on his alt mode in ROTF.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520886)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:

Well, shoot! Then I guess Michael Bay has answered all my requests! :x (except the piercings :PRAY: )

Ending Soon On eBay

original G1 Transformers KICKBACK & SHRAPNEL & BOMBSHELL 100% COMPLETE LOT - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 53 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers G2 1995 STAXX complete powermasters figure EUROPEAN hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 53 minutes 48 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations - GDO - Voyager, Megatron Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 55 minutes 28 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Prime series Leader class BEAST HUNTERS  Predaking - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 57 minutes 5 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations - Deluxe, Blurr Action Figure misb new - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 57 minutes 36 seconds
Takara Transformers Jazz and Prowl G1 Reissue - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 59 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Last Knight Deluxe Class Decepticon Berserker Action Figure NEW Toy - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 2 minutes 55 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 AUTOBOTS JETFIRE SKYFIRE ANIME PRODUCTION CEL 3 - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017