The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers

Transformers News: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers

Sunday, October 17th, 2010 1:11PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News
Posted by: Savage   Views: 40,177

The Hub Network premiered on October 10th, and did so with gusto. Audiences showed their support for the new network by tuning in on Sunday, giving the Hub more viewers than its predecessor (Discovery Kids) had the week before. Not only that, but the fledgling network also boasted more viewers on Sunday than Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and even Teen Nick! An article posted on TV By The Numbers provides a full breakdown of the audience ratings in a variety of demographics. Click here to read the article, then stop by the Energon Pub Forums to rejoice over the Hub's success!
Credit(s): TV By The Numbers
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136837)
Posted by Axalon_Prime on October 17th, 2010 @ 1:16pm CDT
Just wait until they get Transformers: Prime and GI Joe: Renegades up and running. Family Game Night was actually kind of funny for a kids type game show, almost like a family Double Dare with Monopoly and Scrabble.
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136838)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on October 17th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136845)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 17th, 2010 @ 2:01pm CDT
Too bad I can't get this on my TV. :-( Is it alright if someone could tell me when the first Transformers: Prime episode gets on YouTube? :???: :lol:
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136850)
Posted by omega666 on October 17th, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
As I was watching I thought, "I'm actually watching channel 259."

Anyway, I saw part of a cartoon called Deltora Quest I think, it looked interesting. Is that any good?
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136909)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:29pm CDT
its probably because the variety of classic shows like the old batman to fraggle rock
something to watch for everyone
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136914)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:44pm CDT
They even have Happy Days and The Wonder Years. I guess any channel will just show whatever they can get the rights to, regardless of their mission statement, not that I'm complaining.

It just dawned on me that since Hasbro bought out Tonka, Kenner, and so many other toy companies in the '90s, that gives them the rights to a crapload of other '80s toons not associated with them in that decade. Could putting G1 and G.I.Joe on at midnight signal the start of their answer to adult swim, someday culminating in a block that ends around 5:00 AM with reruns of GoBots, MASK, and Spiral Zone?!? That would be a more ingenious way to test market which older obscure properties are ripe for a revamp than the occasional Matt Tracker -Joe figure.

Even better, could this channel lead to our ultimate dream come true: a time slot that cycles through EVERY TF series, including the Japan-only G1 and BW stuff?!?!?
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136915)
Posted by Heavy B on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:45pm CDT
Wheeljack35 wrote:Eh there is right now only 4 reasons for me to watch the Hub,G1,GI Joe,MIB and Batman Beyond.Until Transformers Prime or the new GI Joe series hits its just ok to me.

dont forget "NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH BATMAN!!!!!!11!!1!" :grin:
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136930)
Posted by Roadbuster on October 17th, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

The Animated Series > 1960's Batman

After one episode, I gotta watch Batman Begins and Dark Knight just to try and rid my mind of the god-awful cheesiness my ears and eyes endured.
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136933)
Posted by wolverinetodd on October 17th, 2010 @ 7:20pm CDT
I got a little too excited a few weeks back when the Discovery Channel actually ran a promo for the Hub network premiering 10-10-10, leading me to think the Hub Network would be showing on the Discovery Channel on Sundays. When I checked the Discovery Channel throughout the day that day, I was so disappointed that it was nothing but regular Discovery Channel reruns and not anything worth watching from the Hub Network.
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136939)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 17th, 2010 @ 7:31pm CDT
Only reason why ratings were so high was because its a new channel & people wanted to see what its all about, you wanna prove something keep those ratings for weeks on end. I for one have seen nothing of import save for GIJOE. I have g1 on dvd and you can only watch any incarnation of batman so many times.
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1136964)
Posted by Heavy B on October 17th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT
Roadbuster wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

The Animated Series > 1960's Batman

i wont dispute that, mark hamill was the best joker EVER. and shame on disney xd for removing it from airwaves. but i still like the cheesey 1960's version because its, well, cheesey :grin:
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1137008)
Posted by angelababy on October 18th, 2010 @ 1:17am CDT
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1137019)
Posted by Ninjabot_Nightfire on October 18th, 2010 @ 3:14am CDT
I only have a converter box that only gets, like, 10 channels, so I wasn't able to check out the Hub when it premiered (spelling?). But, I was recently house-sitting for a neighbor (and my mom's friend) this weekend while she was outta town and was able to watch her tv then.
I thought it was pretty good, although I'm really looking forward to seeing Transformers: Prime.
Luckily, I'll be house-sitting for my neighbor again while she's on a cruise in late November to mid-late December. :twisted:
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1137187)
Posted by Earthshine on October 18th, 2010 @ 3:10pm CDT
Hub found itself on my Favorites list very quickly when I found the darn channel. Comcast likes to hide things like that.
Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers (1137193)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 18th, 2010 @ 3:23pm CDT
Good to hear it's strong out of the box. Now let's see it keep the momentum going.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Action Figure ATL0510" on EBAY
Buy "Gutto Kuru Figure Collection Transformers Super-God Masterforce Minelba Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BEAM BOX PLUG & PLAY GAME SYSTEM -EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime- Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Bulkhead (complete)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime- Beast Hunters Deluxe class Ratchet (complete)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT BOTS BEAST HUNTERS UNICRON MEGATRON RATBAT & BARRAGE MISB" on EBAY
Buy "RARE VARIANT TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SMOKESCREEN DELUXE MOSC MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2015 DECEPTICON COMBATICONS BRAWL" on EBAY