The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95

Transformers News: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95

Monday, November 12th, 2018 8:34PM CST

Category: People News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 9,308

It is with a heavy heart that we share the news that Stan Lee has passed away at the age of 95. He leaves behind one of the greatest legacies ever achieved by a creator in any medium. As many of you know, he wrote and helped create some of the most beloved Marvel Characters like the X-Men, the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and Spider-man, just to name a few. His creations crossed over with Transformers on several occasions, with Spider-man appearing as early as issue 3 in the Transformers comic. His name graced the pages of said comics with a proud "Stan Lee Presents" at the beginning of several issues back when he was publisher of Marvel Comics.

Transformers News: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95

Transformers News: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95

Also, Stan Lee was the Vice President Creative Affairs at Marvel Productions in the 80s overseeing all their cartoons, including one of their greatest hits, The Transformers.

We miss you Stan and we thank you for all the joy you have brought us, may you rest in peace.

Transformers News: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993853)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 12th, 2018 @ 9:13pm CST
I'm really gonna miss him. I never got the chance to be in the same room as him, but I really wanted to. He seemed to me to be the guy that could make friends with just about anybody. He's smiling in almost every single picture I've seen of him. Thanks for all you've done for us, Stan.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993869)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 12th, 2018 @ 10:56pm CST
Sometimes my job is a bummer. But rest assured, true believers. Stan Lee's soul is just fine.

Excelsior!
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993874)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 12th, 2018 @ 11:33pm CST
he has gone to be with the ultimate superhero that ever was/is :BOWDOWN:
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993878)
Posted by steve2275 on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:05am CST
rest in peace and thank you stan "THE MAN" lee
kind of fitting that THE comics veteran passed away on veterans day
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993902)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on November 13th, 2018 @ 7:28am CST
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993904)
Posted by william-james88 on November 13th, 2018 @ 8:18am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:When I heard this news yesterday, I didn't believe it. I wanted to know that it was fake, that he was still alive. But no. He really was gone. I have felt sad ever since, and I wish I could have met him when he was alive. Rest in peace Stan, because we will carry your legacy forever. Till all are one and Excelsior. :-(

Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993906)
Posted by shajaki on November 13th, 2018 @ 8:51am CST
I "met" him once at a signing. It was only a minute or so, and my brain and mouth were full of marbles, but he was super nice and I'm glad I had the chance.

Rest in peace sir. You'll be missed.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993917)
Posted by Black Hat on November 13th, 2018 @ 10:36am CST
I've never been a big Marvel guy, but by all accounts Stan Lee was a creative genius and an awesome person, and I for one take my (black) hat off to him. The world is a worse place without him.

Rest in peace.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993920)
Posted by o.supreme on November 13th, 2018 @ 11:26am CST
william-james88 wrote: I met him a few times, I even got to just chill with him for half an hour while he was waiting for someone to fetch him his medication. He was as nice as you could imagine.

This is very true. He was an every-man, and it was only the prominence of geek culture that had arisen since around 2000, that necessitated the need for an entourage at public appearances. If he had it his way, he would have had none of it.

In 1993, at SDCC, my friends and I had the privilege to coincidentally have dinner at a table across from he and his wife at the Marriott Hotel next to the convention center. We said nothing to them as we knew the value of private time. I did approach him at the convention the next day, and while he of course, wasn't aware of our presence, he appreciated that we didn't disturb them. I never had anything signed by him, but always managed a quick hello, wave, and handshake on a couple of occasions always in passing at SDCC during the 90's. Man those were good times.

I know Ditko was more of a recluse, but to lose them both in the span of a few months is tough. RIP Stand "The Man" Lee. :-(
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993926)
Posted by william-james88 on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:15pm CST
o.supreme wrote: I never had anything signed by him, but always managed a quick hello, wave, and handshake on a couple of occasions always in passing at SDCC during the 90's. Man those were good times.

Even though I conversed with The Man and helped people meet him, I never got a picture myself. But thats ok, I have the memory and its enough. Plus I did get some stuff signed.

Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993935)
Posted by o.supreme on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Regarding Ditko, that was rough too. However, even though he was a recluse, he would write back to you if you wrote to him, as I did. He actually wrote back to me quite a long letter once and not everything he said was great or encouraging. But regardless, it was fun to have a back and forth with both these legends in my life.

Oh wow, that's cool to know. Slightly OT, but some of my first e-mails ever were directly to Larry DiTillio while Beast Wars was in production. They were the silliest fan-boyish questions you could imagine, but he always wrote a respectful professional response.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993950)
Posted by bluecatcinema on November 13th, 2018 @ 2:10pm CST
A sad loss for comic book fans everywhere. He will be missed.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993954)
Posted by william-james88 on November 13th, 2018 @ 2:58pm CST
I wrote this on Facebook and I will share it here too:

Everyone is sharing their Stan Lee story, remembering the joy he spread, and I have a quick story of my own. I was staff at Montreal Comiccon and Stan was there in the green room. I was escorting Stan Sa Kai there and Stan Lee was just relaxing. Both these gentlement knew eachother of course so they started talking and invited me to stay during their chat. I preferred just to listen to them recounting previous meetings and joking around, especially when Stan Lee spoke about dining with Ronald Reagan. The dinner was after Reagan's stint as President and he told us he asked Reagan if he was glad that all this pressure of being the head of the free world was now off his shoulders. He tells us Reagan responded all animated going "No, I loved it, I loved being President!" We all laughed.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993958)
Posted by Agamemnon on November 13th, 2018 @ 3:25pm CST
Excelsior, Mr. Lee!! :(
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1993975)
Posted by First-Aid on November 13th, 2018 @ 5:57pm CST
Stan Lee and Marvel comics helped me through some of the darkest times in my life. I've dealt with clinical depression since my first...attempt at age 7, was on the receiving end of bullying through grade, middle, and high school, and generally had a no-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel sense of life for years. Stan Lee's creations were a bright spot, taking me out of the real world and into that universe he created. I remember picking up Spider-man's wedding issue (still have it!) and thinking, "it's about bleeping time. Maybe if Spidey can have some joy in his life, I can too..." There was hope there, happiness, sadness, joy, and stories for the ages. I don't know if I'd be here without those comics helping me get through. Rest easy Stan. I am ever so grateful for how you touched my life with your imagination.

Excelsior. Nuff said!
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1994073)
Posted by Z3ROhour on November 14th, 2018 @ 2:41pm CST
MUTHAFRAKKAN
STUPERCALA
FRAGILISTI
CHRISTOPOTATO
FRAGGLEROCKA
JANMICHEALVINCENT
DOESHOUS!!!

My dogs died...

one on my birthday...
one on Halloween...

:shock:

My MOM dies last Wednesday.

:lol: :-( 8-} :evil:

NOW
Stan
THE MFing MAN
Lee
Goes, too!?

:BANG_HEAD:

Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1994176)
Posted by Emerje on November 15th, 2018 @ 12:34pm CST

Emerje
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1994177)
Posted by o.supreme on November 15th, 2018 @ 12:40pm CST
in addition to Ralph Breaks the Internet, I'm fairly certain he has a cameo in "Into the Spiderverse" coming out in December. I believe he also filmed cameos for Captain Marvel, A4, and Spiderman: Far From Home...not sure about any of the proposed X-Men films (Dark Phoenix or New Mutants) for 2019.
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1994179)
Posted by First-Aid on November 15th, 2018 @ 12:49pm CST
Emerje wrote:I just hope he already filmed his cameos in Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 so we can give him a proper sendoff in the MCU. Rumor has it he has as well as a cameo in Ralph Breaks the Internet. If true it's going to be difficult to keep a dry eye. These movies just aren't going to be the same without him.

Emerje

Would love to see a full MCU cast post credit scene, with all the actors dressed as Stan.

Alternative: Stan's cameo in Avengers 4 is filled by Deadpool who stops the movie, encouraging everyone the audience to have a moment of silence for Stan and/or cheer and applaud. He ends the scene by grabbing the clapboard and shouting "Action!" I suspect Stan would have gotten a kick out of something like that...
Re: The Legendary Stan Lee passes away at 95 (1994364)
Posted by Z3ROhour on November 16th, 2018 @ 8:09pm CST

Emerje

According to Fatman Beyond he pre-taped atleast 5, to be digi-inserted later.

:POPCORN: im ready

artist-comics-tribute-death-marvel-stan-lee-103-5beaaea75326a__700.jpg

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Prime ARCEE First 1st Edition 2 in 1 Vehicle to Robot 2011 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Brand new and sealed Hasbro Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers prime first edition arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Autobot Sergeant Kup MOSC New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Starscream MOSC New Sealed Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Knock Out Knockout Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Brawl Flip Shot Bot Shots Action Figure G1 Transformers 2012" on EBAY