The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave?

The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave?

Friday, September 24th, 2010 8:09am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 65,828

Third party toy maker Perfect Effect, creaters of the TAW God Swords and PE-01 Shadow Warriors, has released a teaser image of what we can assume is an upcoming project. While most of the figure is obscured in black, the yellow highlights reveal that this new product will apparently be their take on the iconic Decepticon Soundwave. From this image, there's no way to tell whether this new product will be a larger, deluxe or voyager-sized figure or another Targetmaster-sized figure like their previous releases, or what the alt mode will be. So for now, let the speculation begin. Once new details are released, we'll let you know more!

As a reminder, this information is for a third party product and is no way affiliated with official Hasbro or Takara products.

Credit(s): Perfect Effect

This article was last modified on Friday, September 24th, 2010 8:30am CDT

Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128395)
Posted by Jesterhead on September 24th, 2010 @ 8:31am CDT
Hmm, it has my interest. Let's hope the price point is fair.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128409)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 24th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT

Oh! Or just a straight antennaed boom box for the easy Blaster repaint.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128425)
Posted by First-Aid on September 24th, 2010 @ 9:34am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:With that big antenna, it's altmode is either a walky talky, old school cellphone (man, does that sound weird!) or one of those chirping "Where you at?" things I'm blanking on the name of.

Oh! Or just a straight antennaed boom box for the easy Blaster repaint.

Is that an antenna? Or is it a cannon? Considering the other PE figures have been made into weapons, I think it may be interesting and even appropriate for Soundwave to be a mobile weapons platform of somekind that the weapons mode of his minions can attach too. That was my first thought anyways, looking at the pic.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128428)
Posted by Requiem Prime on September 24th, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT

Oh! Or just a straight antennaed boom box for the easy Blaster repaint.

My money's on the boom box. Of course it would also be sad since the boys are targetmasters now. That said; oh BOY! Perfect Effect has proven themselves on par with FansProject in 3rd party awesomeness.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128430)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 24th, 2010 @ 9:43am CDT
My fist impression from the silhouette was a tank.
Not the biggest fan of tank alt modes. Don't know why but it' just seems a bit of cop out from a design stand point to me.
Sure hope he's not a tank.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128438)
Posted by Andrius on September 24th, 2010 @ 10:05am CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:My fist impression from the silhouette was a tank.
Sure hope he's not a tank.

My first thoughts as well (and I agree about the "cop out" point). The thing is, so far PE has seemed much more invested in cool-looking robot modes with somewhat arbitrary alt modes, so this might indeed be more of the same. Let's hope not. Let's also hope the QC and price issues are better than what they've been offering so far.

Still, I'm excited.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128450)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 24th, 2010 @ 10:30am CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:That said; oh BOY! Perfect Effect has proven themselves on par with FansProject in 3rd party awesomeness.

No, they haven't. They started out intentionally piggy backing on Fansproject by being the 3rd separate company to try to make an add on to the City Commander mold. They us weaker plastics and have QC issues. Their Ratbat looks like a milk jug with broomsticks on it. An evil milk jug but still. FP has knocked it out of the park since their first outing, the Cliffjumper upgrade. City Commander change the 3rd party game forever. Any version of Superion Maximus or Bruticus Maximus are going for over $100 just because of the Crossfires. The price of Classics Hot Rod tripled the day the first blurry pic of the Protector leaked. Warbot Defender had people asking why Hasbro can't make figures like that.

Perfect Effect has made Casetticons that aren't cassettes, an undersized version of an oversized sword and a picture of Soundwaves shadow. They're getting their feet under them but they sure aren't running yet.

PS: No matter how I rewrite it it sounds like I'm going "U MAD? FANSPROJECT IS PERFECT!" but that's not how I meant it.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128453)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on September 24th, 2010 @ 10:35am CDT
I'll be getting it. It's Soundwave. He's like my own personal pokeformer.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128473)
Posted by rpetras on September 24th, 2010 @ 11:52am CDT
First-Aid wrote:

Oh! Or just a straight antennaed boom box for the easy Blaster repaint.

I would dig that!

I just hope he is a decent size. The Cassette-bots were a little tiny.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128481)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on September 24th, 2010 @ 12:28pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

Oh! Or just a straight antennaed boom box for the easy Blaster repaint.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Maybe a tank or a stationary turret with emplacements for all the weapons, so detaching is reminiscent of firing out of his chest?

Either way, I'm very interested, but not looking forward to the $150 or more they'll probably be charging for it considering their trend with prices...
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128485)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 24th, 2010 @ 12:41pm CDT
Soundwave hmm what are the chances this will be redecoed into Soundblaster I know this is going to sound weird but I kinda like Soundblaster colors more right now I have no idea why maybe it's because I've been watching clis from the headmasters series or maybe cause I like the color black :-?
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128510)
Posted by soundwave1994 on September 24th, 2010 @ 2:11pm CDT
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

,ahem this is certainly an interesting piece :-? :PACMAN: :GHOST: :GHOST: :HEADHURTS:
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128536)
Posted by Mkall on September 24th, 2010 @ 3:32pm CDT
If they make it in a colour that isn't Blue or black, I'll get it. Otherwise I'm happy enough with my Music Label versions.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128538)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 24th, 2010 @ 3:57pm CDT
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128570)
Posted by Covenant on September 24th, 2010 @ 6:16pm CDT
Interesting. Can't wait to see more.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128586)
Posted by Thadicon on September 24th, 2010 @ 7:44pm CDT
I will definitly be getting this it looks pretty heavily armed aswell. i reckon his alt mode will be a weopons platform too maybe with a landing pad for laserbeak, buzzsaw and kingbats jet modes

Whatever the alt mode is im glad they are making a soundwave for all the "casseticons" :KREMZEEK:

What happened to the wheelie P.E was bringing out?
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128590)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 24th, 2010 @ 8:01pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:It was bound to happen any day. I'm not gonna order one, but if I actually do, it had better have a TON of better quality control than Shadow Warrior. :-x

Amen!
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128626)
Posted by Savage on September 24th, 2010 @ 10:42pm CDT
Their own Soundwave figure. Wow. I can't imagine Hasbro is pleased. It's one thing to do stuff that Hasbro doesnt give us, but Hasbro loves to give us Soundwaves. In short, I have enough official Soundwaves, and will pass on this. I am intrigued to see what it looks like though. I'm thinking tank, with attachment points for Rumble and Frenzy.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128630)
Posted by El Duque on September 24th, 2010 @ 10:52pm CDT
I can't imagine this being superior to Music Label Soundwave, who I consider a near perfect representation of the character. The only place he fails is his inability to house minions. Still though if it looks good I'll consider it.
Re: The Next Perfect Effect Product A New Take On Soundwave? (1128632)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on September 24th, 2010 @ 11:01pm CDT
I kinda hope his alt mode is a trailer or some sort of armor add-on for Shadow Commander. Just because I want them to follow suit with the Shadow Warrior sets. I also plan on removing the long rod from Kingbat and replacing it with Shadow Commander's sword. If it'll fit, of course.

Anyways. That's what I'm hoping for. And then they can make a Blaster counterpart for City Commander.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Optimash Prime Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumble Spud Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - Back Spike Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ULTRA MAGNUS WEAPON GUN COMBINER WARS 2015 HASBRO Parts Pieces" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Hero Mashers Dinobot SLUG Mash-Up with Snarl Tail BX7" on EBAY
Buy "23879 TRANSFORMERS 30TH GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL HASBRO" on EBAY