The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released

The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released

Tuesday, July 5th, 2016 1:12pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 30,340

Machinima has released the next prelude to Combiner Wars. This chapter features the fan built combiner herself Victorion. You can also check out the first prelude starring Optimus Prime here and the new video embedded below.

Credit(s): Machinima Youtube

Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803422)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 5th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
She certainly thinks a lot of herself.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803425)
Posted by Cobotron on July 5th, 2016 @ 1:50pm CDT
Well that was kind of awesomy.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803428)
Posted by Kurona on July 5th, 2016 @ 1:57pm CDT
Hmm... pretty sure this is setting herself up to be some kind of pseudo-antagonist. Predicting rn that she believes herself to be above everyone, fights the Autobots, learns yadda-yadda-yadda then joins them to kick even more ass than either party could kick alone.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803436)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 5th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
its like bad fan fiction.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803440)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 5th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
Dialogue is kinda cheesy, but they are introducing the plotline of the Till' All are One arc, so there's that. Otherwise, I honestly imagined Victorion with a huskier and deeper voice, still feminine, but less...astral?
Anyway, I love the Ultraman rising pose at the end of the vid.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803447)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 5th, 2016 @ 3:39pm CDT
Ehhhhhhhhh no. The 80s...ness of it I dig. Victorion herself though? If she's going to be a villain then yeah, that's pretty cool. If she's going to be a protagonist though...ugh. I can smell the Mary Sue a mile off.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803455)
Posted by Kurona on July 5th, 2016 @ 4:11pm CDT
oh
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803462)
Posted by Burn on July 5th, 2016 @ 4:22pm CDT
My bad ... I'm sure what I approved was edited. All gone now.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803466)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2016 @ 4:44pm CDT
It's official, Victorion is now a sentient female Voltron.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803467)
Posted by Kurona on July 5th, 2016 @ 4:47pm CDT
Does that make Pyra Magna Space Dad Mum?

I guess Rust Dust can count as Allura... :-?
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803470)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's official, Victorion is now a sentient female Voltron.

What, a censored and Americanized version of a far superior product? :lol:

(I've never watched Voltron or Go Lion please don't shoot me)
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803471)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:13pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's official, Victorion is now a sentient female Voltron.

What, a censored and Americanized version of a far superior product? :lol:

(I've never watched Voltron or Go Lion please don't shoot me)

For a moment I thought you were talking about Macross and the inferior Robotech :-P
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803472)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Does that make Pyra Magna Space Dad Mum?

I guess Rust Dust can count as Allura... :-?
Each component's a lion, of course.

Though, Rust Dust would just be an accessory. :P

Delta Magnus wrote:
(I've never watched Voltron or Go Lion please don't shoot me)
Go watch the new one on Netflix. Only 11 episodes and is genuinely amazing!
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803476)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:30pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's official, Victorion is now a sentient female Voltron.

What, a censored and Americanized version of a far superior product? :lol:

(I've never watched Voltron or Go Lion please don't shoot me)

I am a Macross snob, but that wasn't what I was talking about here. (Harmony Gold can eat my arse though).

@Sabreblade:
Huh, I'll have to give it a watch. I do love giant robot shenanigans (though I do want to watch the original Go Lion as I hear for a 70s anime it's actually really good). Thanks for the recommendation!
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803477)
Posted by Cobotron on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:35pm CDT
I'll second Voltron. Although I could do with a little less people story, and more Voltron VS. Robeasts!

Goooooooooo VICKY! :-P
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803478)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:36pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's official, Victorion is now a sentient female Voltron.

What, a censored and Americanized version of a far superior product? :lol:

(I've never watched Voltron or Go Lion please don't shoot me)

@Sabreblade:
Eh, GoLion was from 1981.

But what's interesting about the new Voltron in relation to GoLion is that it actually takes some elements from GoLion in addition to elements from past Voltron shows. It's awesome.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803481)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's official, Victorion is now a sentient female Voltron.

What, a censored and Americanized version of a far superior product? :lol:

(I've never watched Voltron or Go Lion please don't shoot me)

@Sabreblade:
Eh, GoLion was from 1981.

Well now I feel like even more of a wally than usual.

That IS cool. I'll have to check it out, assuming I can get the TV to myself.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803483)
Posted by partholon on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:46pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:its like bad fan fiction.

yeah kinda got that vibe meself.

not a good sign IMO .

still ill give the show a shot, it wouldnt be the first to make a misstep in advertising.
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803484)
Posted by Rainmaker on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:55pm CDT
I dunno, I'm not feeling it with this series....

:MAXIMAL:
Re: The Next Prelude to Combiner Wars Starring Victorion released (1803485)
Posted by RevTibe on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:56pm CDT
More than a little corny on the dialogue, although hopefully isn't too representative of the show's content - after all, I doubt the series proper will include monologues like this. This prelude was much better at working within its limitations.

...never really gotten that into this style of "prelude", though. Doesn't feel like they're adding much to the experience. At least it's better than a trailer.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power Of The Primes POTP Deluxe MOONRACER Figure NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Beast Wars - Transmetals:  OPTIMAL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Figure Exc Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wars Punch-Counterpunch MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron NetFlix Series AUTOBOT ELITA-1 NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Master Figures Age 8+" on EBAY