The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online

Monday, October 27th, 2014 7:08am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 47,960

The Hasbro Studios official website has updated the webpage for the upcoming Primeverse/Aligned Continuity series Robots In Disguise. This update features new artwork of our newest team of heroes and even gives us character bios! But be warned...there are major spoilers contained within, so read through at your own risk.

Optimus Prime
Transformers News: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online
OPTIMUS PRIME returns. He will principally serve as a guide to Bumblebee when he needs OP’s help the most. OPTIMUS PRIME’S real journey, and challenge, will involve meeting his predecessors: The 12 Primes. This story will play itself out during the course of the first season. In this series, Bumblebee must learn to fill OPTIMUS PRIME’S shoes as Team Leader. His new Recruits need to function as a well-oiled machine and OPTIMUS PRIME will need to fulfill his destiny and achieve the next step in his evolution into OPTIMUS SUPREME... All before our new baddies join forces and roll out!

Bumblebee:
Our yellow and black Autobot maintains
a boundless optimism and taste for
adventure. Although Bumblebee may
be completely “no-nonsense” in the
field when he’s up against the baddest
of the bad, once he’s back on Earth
we’ll see his mettle tested by his
underlings (think Arnold in “Kindergarten
Cop”). And while the members of ’Bee’s Earth-based squad may be loose
cannons, they will eventually learn to
be “in this together” and apply their
talents to the cause of good.

Sideswipe:
A street-smart, fast-thinking rebellious ’Bot, think of Sideswipe as the “Deadpool” of the group. Our somewhat of a lone wolf feels he needs to look for himself first and wishes Strongarm would cut him a break with all her rules and regulations – but when push comes to shove, he heeds the call to action. He will even be known to try and take advantage of some of the other more gullible ’Bots. Sideswipe is cool under pressure and he’s quick with his words and hands. He’s all about getting the drop on his opponent – and looks cool doing it. He will not only learn that it’s “cool to respect authority” (as Sideswipe gains increasing respect for Bumblebee and his teammates), but that he, in turn, has grown to be something of an “authority” figure to Russell, one of our humans on Earth. V-mode: Flashy, Luxury Sportscar.

Strongarm:
Strongarm is staunchly dedicated to her career in law enforcement and can’t imagine a world where everyone doesn’t follow the “letter” of the law (i.e., THE RULES). STRONGARM is completely earnest and possesses a world-view devoid of shades of grey. Exposing Strongarm to any criminal behavior instantly flips the switch that activates her righteous sense of justice, wherein she becomes a single minded, unstoppable zero-tolerance machine! Becoming a member of ’Bee’s supreme team is a dream come true and she’ll do everything in her power not to disappoint him. Her personal growth as a ’Bot will be explored throughout this series. Sometimes it’s hard to let go of protocol, but on Earth, she’ll have to learn to bend a little more because not everything is so easy and cut-and-dry. V-mode: Police SUV.

Grimlock:
A proverbial “Neanderthal” with a huge heart, Grimlock is a Dinobot that fights hard and plays hard. In fact, he’s the strongest in our new Autobot group. Grimlock was unjustly imprisoned eons ago for his looks and not his deeds. In fact, Grimlock initially joins up with Team ’Bee simply because he didn’t want to miss out on the “fun” of a Monster beat down! On the downside, Grimlock can be a tad gullible, a little too “in the moment,” clumsy, AND then there’s the teeny-tiny detail that a “T-Rex” isn’t exactly the most discreet disguise for an alien ’Bot on Earth. Dinobot mode: T-Rex.

Fixit:
The enthusiastic, hyperactive, roughly human-sized MINI-CON mans the tech and provides maintenance for the new Autobot base (read: he’s a nerd). Fix-It is equal parts mechanic/I.T./mascot, and archivist of the “Most Wanted” dossiers – he was the pilot of the Cybertronian Prison Ship, The Alchemor, that crash landed
on Earth, and is thus intimate with its former inhabitants, their crimes and attributes. He’s a constant tinkerer and will be responsible for building or retrofitting MONSTER HUNT & CAPTURE DEVICES. Transformation modes:
a veritable “Swiss Army Knife” of MECHANIC’S TOOLS.

The show will premiere in 2015, until then, let's discuss these new characters and their cool biographies on the forums, and as always...

Credit(s): Hasbro Studios

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 7:59pm CDT

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617331)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:19am CDT

It's almost as if they're meant to be little write-ups from a production bible rather than anything meant to be seen by the public.

Also, 78 episodes is an ambitious goal. But then again, Rescue Bots might be heading in that same direction, so we'll have to wait and see if RID can indeed last as long as it plans to. But, they did try something similar with TF: Prime, but only made it to their originally-planned 65-episode count (plus one epilogue movie), and we better be prepared for any soft-reboot of the show a la Beast Hunters, or for any drama from the Cartoon-canceler Network.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617332)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:27am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Those bios seem to be less-than-professionally-written what with their references to external property media and giving opinions about the characters instead of adhering strictly to factual info.

*sighs* Can you ever just take anything at face value and not nit pick it to death? They're little blurbs from a website about a show aimed at kids. I'm not trying to be mean, but I mean, come on. *smh*
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617333)
Posted by happylock on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
Optimus Supreme? WTF. Is he now a taco.

I would like to knockout burritos and an optimus supreme please.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617334)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
happylock wrote:Optimus Supreme? WTF. Is he now a taco.

I would like to knockout burritos and an optimus supreme please.

LOL

Welcome to Rusty Bell, may I offer you seasoned laxatives? (Seriously, Taco Bell is a seasoned and tasty laxative. Oof.)
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617336)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

Heh, some things just seem to be more than meets the eye.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617338)
Posted by william-james88 on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:38am CDT
This has the feeling of Beast Machines a bit where Optimus retreats to discover cybertron's history and his origins as the younger yellow robot starts taking on the role of Leadership.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617343)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:56am CDT
Optimus supreme

1 . Is it based on his Energon namesake? Probably not

2. Is my wallet is now empty?
YESSS :lol:
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617344)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 27th, 2014 @ 7:58am CDT
optimus supreme? seriously?
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617346)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2014 @ 8:05am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:optimus supreme? seriously?
That name is nothing new.

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617350)
Posted by pie-man on October 27th, 2014 @ 8:21am CDT
Reading these bios... seems like Sideswipe, Strongarm & Fixit are the "new" Jazz, Prowl & Wheeljack, respectively.

I can imagine there being only so many character traits, and any new character created is going to sort of resemble an older one.... but, I feel like throwing up my hands in despair. Especially after reading about 'Optimus Supreme'. So is that a new rank above 'Prime', which Omega Supreme already reached??

I know its aimed at kids, but since its a sequel to TF Prime, and it's part of the Aligned Continuity. But oh well, I'll watch it with my boys. :-)
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617356)
Posted by #Sideways# on October 27th, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
Sideswipe... Being the "Deadpool" of the group? If this guy doesn't break the fourth wall, I will be disappointed. But only because they mentioned Deadpool.

So yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Sabrblade on this; these bios are very unprofessional. Now, normally I try to avoid coming across professional in my writing as to connect with other people, but I will have to state that, when you're doing bios that you will show to other people, it's best to avoid calling people "OPTIMUS PRIME" and "OP" in the same paragraph, as well as referencing a character from a comic series that usually have an age restrictions on them (Deadpool).

Just from the sheer disconcerting "there has to be a lesson these characters must learn from each other" built into their various bios, showing me that this show is centered around the 7-10 age, and how the previous series (Prime) was made for someone in their teens, I think this one's going to be a pass for me. I might tune in for an episode or two just to give it a fair shake, but more than that I cannot say.

Plus, the Decepticons need to be a little more malevolent for my taste from what I've seen from trailers, but that's just like stating "licorice is the best thing ever", when we all know it's basically an acquired taste. In other words, this is my opinion. Plus, I'd rather not jump the shark until I see how it looks later on.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617365)
Posted by Madeus Prime on October 27th, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
Oh, joy of joys. This makes the characters sound even more bland then they already are. :SICK: :SICK:
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617373)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 27th, 2014 @ 9:23am CDT
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617379)
Posted by william-james88 on October 27th, 2014 @ 9:28am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Well, at least Optimus looks badass in this show. And I've always wanted to get to know the first 13. But apparently, there's 12 now. Which more than likely means they're pulling that crap where they try to make Optimus the 13th Prime. I HATE that idea. But as long as there's finally a series, besides the movies, where we actually get to see the first Primes, I'll take what I can get.

I dont think its a spoiler, and I thought he was always said to be the 13th. I didnt know it was something debated upon. I hope they keep the fact that one of them is a minicon. Also, I look forward to seeing what Soulus Prime looks like. If people though Strongarm was a beefy fem-bot wait till they see the fem-bot that uses that Hammer! Also, does this mean we get to see Vector Prime come back?

EDIT:

I looked into it and yeah, Optimus being a prime is a new thing that was just established with the recent Transformers: The Covenant of Primus.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617390)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on October 27th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
Don't put too much stock in the bios. If someone were to do bios about us we'd come off really rather boring and 2 dimenional.

Funny things happen with chatactears all the time. They grow as the writers start fleshing out more personality as they spend more time with them.

The bios seems just sort of the ideas they pitched rather than a real work up. Especially with all that (Read 'insert relatable established character here') and the abbreviation.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617404)
Posted by YRQRM0 on October 27th, 2014 @ 11:13am CDT
Meh, I just hate the animation style, so I wish we had gotten the Primes in Prime instead. Also, minicons will always be creations of Unicron to me, so I hope they at least have some cool origin or something special about them, other than something generic like they were numerous in the "ancient times" or something.
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617424)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 27th, 2014 @ 12:44pm CDT
Strongarm just seems like a rehash of Ultra Magnus and her relationship with Sideswipe a reuse of his relationship with Wheeljack. :roll:
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617428)
Posted by dreadwing95 on October 27th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT
i like the bios so far. wonder when some villain bios will pop up
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617432)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
Where have you been? Optimus has been the 13th Prime since late last year. And we've already seen all 13 in plain view (save for Optimus, whose original form was obscured from view). Did you avoid the Covenant of Primus book for some reason? A big deal was made about the thing from the time of its announcement to the time of its release.

All 13 Primes:

1. Prima

2. Vector Prime

3. Alpha Trion

4. Solus Prime

5. Micronus Prime

6. Alchemist Prime

7. Nexus Prime

8. Onyx Prime

9. Amalgamous Prime

10. Quintus Prime

11. Liege Maximo

12. Megatronus

13. Optimus Prime
Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bios Are Now Online (1617448)
Posted by padfoo on October 27th, 2014 @ 2:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

EDIT:

News to me, I need to pickup the Covenant. I never imagined Prime being potrayed that old or powerful?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers titans return brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blurr #A54 No Weapons Included." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reissue Titan Return Autobot Brainstorm Walmart Exclusive MISB " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans return Astrotrain Darkmoon" on EBAY