The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released

The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released

Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 4:00pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News, Digital Media News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 44,592

The Official Transformers Collector's Club have updated their site with embedded Youtube video's of the Beast Wars Prequel "The Theft of the Golden Disk".

The video has been split into two parts, and can be viewed by clicking here.

Credit(s): transformersclub.com, Victorysabre

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 4:31pm CST

Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (598924)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 9th, 2008 @ 4:10pm CST
This is awesome! Beast Wars is my favorite series & now I get to see how Megs did it!
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (598963)
Posted by Mkall on January 9th, 2008 @ 4:26pm CST
That was pretty awesome
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599003)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 9th, 2008 @ 4:49pm CST
Nice, I wanted to see some prime megs action though :?
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599086)
Posted by OptitronPrime on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:04pm CST
I've always wished they showed how he got the golden disk and know we know
Edit:Why did they make Cyrotek Shockblast I mean with all the other toys? Still I'd love a cgi TF series like this oly based on G1
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599093)
Posted by SavageCam on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:10pm CST
David Kaye back as BW Megatron! Sweet! Like the "traditional" styling base on the toys. They had to be something pre-Beast Wars!
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599120)
Posted by Skowl on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:45pm CST
Nice to hear David Kaye's Megatron again (his BW Megs, not the crappy wannabe-Megatrons from Armada, etc...)

The animation isn't so bad, but not up to what I had hoped. Shortround is brilliant as Scorponok, I hope they end up making a figure of him.
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599149)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:13pm CST
Sweet!!! This is awesome!!
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599150)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:15pm CST
Still haven't had it with sound, but I am loving it!

The redeco figures are fit the characters origional figures terrificly!

Man, another episode of Beast Wars, I never thought I'd get to enjoy this!
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599166)
Posted by Stickshift on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:34pm CST
Apparently the videos are no longer available :(
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599177)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:49pm CST
No longer around? Don't know what you mean. I just saw them now for the first time.
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599195)
Posted by Stickshift on January 9th, 2008 @ 8:20pm CST
It's back up now!

Overall, not bad. The second half lacked pace (could have been done in 3 mins instead of 7) with some additional lines from the cast and a stronger soundtrack. But hey! I couldn't have done better myself so I should shut my yap! It was still very enjoyable and it'd be good to see further installments.
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599199)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 9th, 2008 @ 8:27pm CST
So I just saw it with sound and watched it a million times over.
(just go to YouTube if the pulled it)

Well, all I can say now is PLEASE, OH PLEASE, GIVE ME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599207)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 9th, 2008 @ 8:37pm CST
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599344)
Posted by Pyrostrata on January 10th, 2008 @ 12:40am CST
I watched it twice this morning! I have been waiting for this for sometime (since I was sent the first "trailer") and I was not disappointed! I had NO idea that they were actually gonna use David Kaye as Megatron..and when I heard his voice, I squealed like a psychotic fan-girl!! It was wonderful to hear him as Megatron in something new!
The story was good, but it ended too soon...I was hoping it would lead directly into Beast Wars, with Darksyde leaving Cybertron with Axalon in pursuit....I would have actually fallen out of my chair for that one! :grin:
Overall, I enjoyed it emmencely!
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (599622)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 10th, 2008 @ 10:26am CST
Wasn't bad, but some things just missed from it... Not one word from Dinobot, but the Tarantulas laugh was good. Oh well, I just hated those "anti-BW" remolds :roll: . All together, not a bad fan-movie, but not canon either.
6/10
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (600052)
Posted by dragons on January 10th, 2008 @ 4:35pm CST
you can download these episodes but if you do you will alos need flv or swf converter here are one or 2 programs that you can download

youtube downloader, or replay media catcher

for swf, and flv converters to mpeg formats

just type in swf or flv converter to mpeg

flv, swf converters

youtube, and myspace downloaders

i use this program replay media catcher

free program
[url]http://www.download3000.com/download_19063.html
[/url]

free program
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (600370)
Posted by PrimulArchangel on January 10th, 2008 @ 8:42pm CST
I just watched , i didn't think it was all that great , the animation was slow, Megatrons voice sounded like it was just sound clips taken from the beast wars show and just pieced together. Music sounded like stuff from buckrogers days. And why did they use they butt ugly bot forms from botcon, megatron is the only decent looking one from that set. Dinobot with that stupid bucket hand. Would have been much better if they used just basic robot forms like how they show Megatron as in the first episode of beast wars when he is sitting in his comand chair..

Well At least they didnt try and charge money for that lol.
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (600377)
Posted by Pete@BotCon on January 10th, 2008 @ 8:49pm CST
Actually, the Club does recognize this as the official prequel to Dawn of Future's Past (as the video was released by us), so yes, it is canon...
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (600599)
Posted by Silent_Magnus on January 11th, 2008 @ 4:29am CST
Megatron_Wolf wrote:That was sweet. I miss Beast Wars. The next TF show should be CGI and take place in between G1 and Beat Wars. And have no damn humans. I just wish i could download this so i could put it on my PSP.

Would you be ok with more proto-humans?
Re: The Theft of the Golden Disk Videos Released (605254)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 15th, 2008 @ 5:08pm CST
Silent_Magnus wrote:

Would you be ok with more proto-humans?

No kind of humanoid fleshy creatures at all. I hate humans in TF shows. they mess every thing up.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS • CYCLONUS •  Combiner Wars - MINT IN BOX - HASBRO Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars Brawl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 BOMBSHELL Vintage Generations One Insecticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Devastator - Constructicons Set HASBRO Combiner Wars - BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY