The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material

Transformers News: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material

Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 9:30pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News, Interviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,925

While it seems Season 3 of The Toys that Made Us may still be a bit off in the distance, we will be getting a Blu-ray release of all 8 episodes (S1 &2) in just a couple of weeks. It will be released on October first and some of the bonus content appears to be Transformers focused, as you can see below. You can preorder on Amazon.com. The Blu Ray is $26.99 USD and comes with a limited collectible in the form of the logo. We thank fellow Seibertronian O.Supreme for letting us know of this.

Here are the list of extras:

Featurettes
Featurette with Show Creator Brian Volk-Weiss
Barbie 80’s Marketing
More Stores That Made Us: GI Joe the Story of COBRA
More Stores That Made Us: Us Selling the Show
Jim Swearingen Extended Interview
Peter Cullen Extended Interview
Todd McFarlane on LEGO
Todd McFarlane on Star Trek
Hideki Yoke/Takara Tour
+9 Deleted Scenes

Transformers News: Toys That made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material

Credit(s): bloody-disgusting.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 9:33pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2044950)
Posted by o.supreme on November 17th, 2019 @ 8:16pm CST
Seemingly without Fanfare Season 3 of The Toys That Made Us dropped on Netflix this past Friday November 15th. As previously stated, the episodes are: TMNT, Power Rangers, My Little Pony, and Pro Wrestling.

Transformers may not be the focus, but they do show up in passing in the first 3 episodes actually whether in reference to competition, or trends of the times. I do miss the *story intros* of the others, but these 4 new episodes are chock full of great history about each brand and the ups and downs of the industry in general, definitely worth a watch.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045012)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 18th, 2019 @ 7:24pm CST
I got some dust in my eye during the ending of the TMNT episode....
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045044)
Posted by o.supreme on November 19th, 2019 @ 4:10pm CST
Before watching I personally felt that the Wrestling one would interest me most, followed by TMNT, then PR, and finally MLP, I was a bit surprised....

The Power Ranger one turned out to be my favorite of the new season, despite my personal dislike of the franchise, they focused way more than I thought they would on the Japanese origins of the series, and paid respect to what came before, also Haim Saban was great in the episode. TMNT was probably my 2nd favorite, then Wrestling (which was a bit boring if I'm being honest, despite seeing all the colorful 80's characters again), and lastly, naturally MLP, because it of course was never my thing, but my daughter loved it.

I am curious to know how fans feel about the Hasbro acquisition of PR. I mean I love Transformers, as the brand has always been with Hasbro/Takara, but, even as a non-fan of PR I can't imagine PR toys being distributed by anyone other than Bandai. They tried once to deviate from the Japanese toys, and that seemingly was a disaster. When you import the toys directly (and just place them in american packaging), things seem to go well.

Future episodes I'd like to see would be:

1.Voltron (since it has had three revivals in 1997,2011, and 2016, two of which had a toyline to support it)
2. A Combined episode about The Rankin/Bass animated series Thundercats, Silverhawks, and Tigersharks. I figure one episode could cover all 3, and the short lived revival in 2011
3. Hotwheels &
4. Care Bears (gotta have something for the girls, and its been revived a few times)
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045045)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 19th, 2019 @ 6:22pm CST
I would ruin 3 pairs of pants if they would do a M.A.S.K. episode.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045069)
Posted by Big Grim on November 20th, 2019 @ 7:34am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I would ruin 3 pairs of pants if they would do a M.A.S.K. episode.

I hear that man! I loved M.A.S.K.! Always wanted the Rhino Rig but adored my Firefly. That was just a perfect little toy.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045099)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2019 @ 5:15pm CST
MASK is awesome, no doubt, but other than a return in comic form, it hasn't really returned in toy form (unless you count that Matt Tracker GI Joe from a few years ago, a truly missed opportunity, I agree)

I was thinking a combined MASK/Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors/COPS episode might be cool, since they were all DiC animated series that had successful toys from around 85-87, but the toys might have been under different manufacturers...so I don't know how that would work.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045414)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2019 @ 10:10pm CST
o.supreme wrote:MASK is awesome, no doubt

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime STARSCREAM Deluxe First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime : Ratchet Deluxe / Protectobot First Aid (RID) Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 2 Must-Turd (Yellow Bottle mustard) New Blind-Packed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Optimus Maximus Cyberverse MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS REFLECTOR REISSUE KO US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - First Edition - Arcee - Deluxe Figure - Toys R Us" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - First Edition - Starscream - Deluxe Figure - Toys R Us" on EBAY