The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material

The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material

Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 9:30pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News, Interviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,069

While it seems Season 3 of The Toys that Made Us may still be a bit off in the distance, we will be getting a Blu-ray release of all 8 episodes (S1 &2) in just a couple of weeks. It will be released on October first and some of the bonus content appears to be Transformers focused, as you can see below. You can preorder on Amazon.com. The Blu Ray is $26.99 USD and comes with a limited collectible in the form of the logo. We thank fellow Seibertronian O.Supreme for letting us know of this.

Here are the list of extras:

Featurettes
Featurette with Show Creator Brian Volk-Weiss
Barbie 80’s Marketing
More Stores That Made Us: GI Joe the Story of COBRA
More Stores That Made Us: Us Selling the Show
Jim Swearingen Extended Interview
Peter Cullen Extended Interview
Todd McFarlane on LEGO
Todd McFarlane on Star Trek
Hideki Yoke/Takara Tour
+9 Deleted Scenes

Transformers News: Toys That made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material

Credit(s): bloody-disgusting.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 9:33pm CDT

Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2044950)
Posted by o.supreme on November 17th, 2019 @ 8:16pm CST
Seemingly without Fanfare Season 3 of The Toys That Made Us dropped on Netflix this past Friday November 15th. As previously stated, the episodes are: TMNT, Power Rangers, My Little Pony, and Pro Wrestling.

Transformers may not be the focus, but they do show up in passing in the first 3 episodes actually whether in reference to competition, or trends of the times. I do miss the *story intros* of the others, but these 4 new episodes are chock full of great history about each brand and the ups and downs of the industry in general, definitely worth a watch.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045012)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 18th, 2019 @ 7:24pm CST
I got some dust in my eye during the ending of the TMNT episode....
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045044)
Posted by o.supreme on November 19th, 2019 @ 4:10pm CST
Before watching I personally felt that the Wrestling one would interest me most, followed by TMNT, then PR, and finally MLP, I was a bit surprised....

The Power Ranger one turned out to be my favorite of the new season, despite my personal dislike of the franchise, they focused way more than I thought they would on the Japanese origins of the series, and paid respect to what came before, also Haim Saban was great in the episode. TMNT was probably my 2nd favorite, then Wrestling (which was a bit boring if I'm being honest, despite seeing all the colorful 80's characters again), and lastly, naturally MLP, because it of course was never my thing, but my daughter loved it.

I am curious to know how fans feel about the Hasbro acquisition of PR. I mean I love Transformers, as the brand has always been with Hasbro/Takara, but, even as a non-fan of PR I can't imagine PR toys being distributed by anyone other than Bandai. They tried once to deviate from the Japanese toys, and that seemingly was a disaster. When you import the toys directly (and just place them in american packaging), things seem to go well.

Future episodes I'd like to see would be:

1.Voltron (since it has had three revivals in 1997,2011, and 2016, two of which had a toyline to support it)
2. A Combined episode about The Rankin/Bass animated series Thundercats, Silverhawks, and Tigersharks. I figure one episode could cover all 3, and the short lived revival in 2011
3. Hotwheels &
4. Care Bears (gotta have something for the girls, and its been revived a few times)
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045045)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 19th, 2019 @ 6:22pm CST
I would ruin 3 pairs of pants if they would do a M.A.S.K. episode.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045069)
Posted by Big Grim on November 20th, 2019 @ 7:34am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I would ruin 3 pairs of pants if they would do a M.A.S.K. episode.

I hear that man! I loved M.A.S.K.! Always wanted the Rhino Rig but adored my Firefly. That was just a perfect little toy.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045099)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2019 @ 5:15pm CST
MASK is awesome, no doubt, but other than a return in comic form, it hasn't really returned in toy form (unless you count that Matt Tracker GI Joe from a few years ago, a truly missed opportunity, I agree)

I was thinking a combined MASK/Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors/COPS episode might be cool, since they were all DiC animated series that had successful toys from around 85-87, but the toys might have been under different manufacturers...so I don't know how that would work.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2045414)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2019 @ 10:10pm CST
o.supreme wrote:MASK is awesome, no doubt

Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2090844)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2020 @ 3:01pm CST
Greetings All,

Well it's been a little over a year since anything has been posted here, shortly after Season 3 arrived on Netflix.

Nacelle Productions has since added on Netflix a couple other Documentaries "The Movies that made us", and "The Christmas Movies that made us", They cover some interesting tidbits about some of the most famous movies of the 80's to varying degrees.

However... Over on Amazon Prime a new series entitled "Coming to a Toy Store Near You" has been produced by the same team. Initially I believe it was designed to showcase vintage toy stores from across the United States (and Canada), however with the Pandemic, this aspect weaves it's way into the show in order to highlight how these small businesses are able to survive despite restrictions, and the joy they bring to each community they are in. During the spring/summer one episode dropped every few weeks. However there was a dry spell for a while. Five new episodes however (Bringing the Total to 10) were all released last friday 12/25. I find this series especially enjoyable. Transformers among Many other brands are prominently featured. I encourage everyone who is a fan of The Toys that made us to check it out.
Re: The Toys That Made Us Coming to Blu Ray with Bonus Transformers Material (2091189)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 1st, 2021 @ 2:59am CST
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot for sure, the Netflix series was pretty good.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Punch Counterpunch" on EBAY