Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development

Transformers News: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development

Sunday, December 25th, 2011 9:50PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 52,337

Classics Jetfire not quite G1 enough for you? Prototype images of a new G1 inspired Jetfire have surfaced on Toyspie.com. The figure appears to be at least Ultra sized, as he towers over TFC Toys Heavylabor. Interestingly, the figure appears to feature a molded faction symbol, something third-party companies normally shy away from. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Toyspie.com
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327138)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 25th, 2011 @ 9:57pm CST
:shock: Wow... That is good!

First Megatron and and now this? Whoever's making these keep them coming! :D
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327139)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 25th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CST
Butt ugly... a good example of an excess need to make it G1 at the expense of making it look good.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327140)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:00pm CST
:shock:

2nd wowza! But why are his optics protruding?
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327141)
Posted by dinogeist on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:01pm CST
Wow,this 3rd party Jetfire toy looks awesome.

It looks a bit blocky in key areas. but I won't judge it further until i see colored pics.

this might go on my "buy list",it the colored version turns out looking great.

in pic #10 in this thread,is that susposed to be a tank mode?

I think this might be leader sized around 9 inches tall & not ultra sized which is aroud 8 inches tall from head to toe.

I do enjoy all the acessories this comes with. hopefully their is a hidden face plate or secondary head to create the face plate head design.

I didn't see any rocket boosters on the lower legs,forearms or on the back pack. so hopefully this company or another 3rd party company create this stuff.

LASTLY,I think the molded on autobot symbol is pushing the limits here. they should remove the molded autobot symbol from the final design. if anyone wants a autobot symbol on the robot chest. then all they have to do isd buy some repro labels or take the autobot symbol sticker from a older TF toy they have on one of those sticker sheets.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327142)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:12pm CST
Not tank mode. His back angle. And his booster seems to be re purposed as a hand weapon. Skyfire/Jetfire didn't have any boosters on his feet.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327143)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:15pm CST
The face looks wierd. But maybe it's just the prototype.

Classics jetfire is excellent; this doesn't tempt me at all in replacing it. But it's a nice figure.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327149)
Posted by NTESHFT on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:39pm CST
I like my Classics Jetfire. Well, sorry, but I like calling him Skyfire..........
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327155)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:59pm CST
"No sir, I don't like it!"

That's absolutely unappealing. The Classics mold is more than fine.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327163)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 25th, 2011 @ 11:34pm CST
No thanks. Universe Treadbolt makes a fine replacement Classics Jetfire. I call him Space Exploration Jetfire. :P
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327167)
Posted by Blurrz on December 25th, 2011 @ 11:37pm CST
His back makes Armada figures look like the pinnacle of sculpting and articulation.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327182)
Posted by unicron nemesis on December 26th, 2011 @ 1:22am CST
Any Gerwalk mode?

But seriously, the proportions are really off for this figure. Head's too small. Chest too long/big. Sagging shoulders + head that doesn't quite look like cartoon Jetfire. If there are no improvements, then it's a pass for me too.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327189)
Posted by Menasor75 on December 26th, 2011 @ 2:51am CST
Unless I change my opinion later, this is one 3rd party figure that I can thankfully pass on for now.

The head sculpt looks a bit strange, and the alt-mode looks very chunky.

This all means more money saved for Mastermind Cyclops not Shockwave...
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327190)
Posted by noctorro on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:03am CST
Well, I think he looks great. Head's a bit off. But he's almost exactly like the G1 animation model. The Classics Jetfire is based on the toy (Takatoku Valkyrie) and has the G1 face.

I'll get him, I don't mind the misproportions, the altmode looks great and he looks blocky and hopefully that means sturdy. I like my toys sturdy, not flimsy :)

Anywho, we saw a G1 awesome scaled Megatron, and a few months before that a very awesome looking G1 Optimus Prime (with Ultra Magnus armor with the wide shoulders).

I'm happy for that stuff and all, but are they ever being released?
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327191)
Posted by Deathsanras on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:05am CST
Ugly head. Surprisingly G1-accurate in terms of its sheer brick-like blockiness.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327195)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:21am CST
Hahaha, that thing is awful. No thank you. Henkei is close enough. Oh, this would be Skyfire BTW.
:BOT:
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327197)
Posted by RhA on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:31am CST
Yeah. No.

I own a Henkei Skyfire, beats the hell out of this guy.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327199)
Posted by frogbat on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:53am CST
an admirable attempt to create a g1 accurate figure.. however...

i wish the 3rd party developers would keep their efforts for figures that haven't or probably won't be tackled by hastak or if they have they have been done already, they've been done in a shoddy way (eg classics deluxe galvatron)

jet/skyfire classics is one of the best figures i own - i never thought there'd be any reason for another version esp from 3rd parties.

megatron... shockwave.. galvatron... omega supreme.. those i'd be interested in

at this rate i'm expecting some 3rd party genius to release a new warpath.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327203)
Posted by Blackstreak on December 26th, 2011 @ 4:46am CST
I'll be passing on this also. I already have a Jetfire for my Classics collection. I do like the sizing of this figure though.
Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327205)
Posted by Mykltron on December 26th, 2011 @ 5:14am CST
Too blocky even for G1.

Re: Third-Party G1 Jetfire in Development (1327212)
Posted by No One on December 26th, 2011 @ 7:09am CST
There seems to be confusion that a company has done *SKYFIRE* before, which no one has. Classics *JETFIRE* is NOT this figure by any means. That being said, it is wonderful someone is attempting this figure. These are things Hasbro should do for their exclusives. Yes I too hope it looks a bit better down the flight line, but cool none the less.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Animated Breakdown The Stunt-Con-Job Botcon Exclusive 2011 Rare Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 2014 Voyager Class Whirl Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Includes Full-Tilt & Brunt!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Hardhead Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Pretenders Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Sideswipe - Sealed - Light Wear" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Sideswipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "DX9 Toys D05 Transformers Chigurh MP G1 Astrotrain Toy Reprint Pre-order" on EBAY