Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3

Transformers News: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3

Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 4:23PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 7,602

Courtesy of iTunes, we have a three-page preview to share with you all, for the last issue in the short-lived IDW Publishing series focusing on the characters in GI Joe and MASK: Scarlett's Strike Force #3! Including the likes of Matt Trakker, Skywarp, the new Cobra Commander, Vipers and maybe some remaining Dire Wraiths too..? Take a read below!

It’s the third bombastic issue and the fun’s just getting started, sports fans! But that’s how it goes when you mix ninjas, talking robots, elite soldiers, maniacal despots, magical snake rituals... and so much more... into what people are calling The Best Action Comic Ever! By Aubrey Sitterson (G.I. Joe, Street Fighter X G.I. Joe) and Nelson Daniel (Clue, Dungeons & Dragons).

Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941657)
Posted by Transcendent30 on February 22nd, 2018 @ 8:55pm CST
More social justice bullshit from IDW. *Boycotted*
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941667)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 22nd, 2018 @ 9:51pm CST
The artwork is kinda crap, but I like the writing. Also I love that Snake Eyes chose a. My class of choice as well!
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941708)
Posted by Va'al on February 23rd, 2018 @ 3:12am CST
Transcendent30 wrote:More social justice bullshit from IDW. *Boycotted*

Oh darling. It's ok, the bad comic has already gone away, it can't hurt you.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941716)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 23rd, 2018 @ 4:00am CST
I really wish this wasn't cancelled it looks so fun, and I'm curious as to how that game would of worked out (in fact just give us a miniseries of those two in the cells role playing!)
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941731)
Posted by 1984forever on February 23rd, 2018 @ 6:22am CST
It’s a fun book, I just don’t like the lineup. G.I. JOE is supposed to be a rotating team, instead IDW treated G.I. JOE like a superhero book with the same characters starring in it month after month. I stopped supporting the book regularly when they trimmed down the team and put Shipwreck and Quick-Kick in classic costumes.

Outside of ARAH, is this the end of G.I. JOE?
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941741)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 23rd, 2018 @ 7:35am CST
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941746)
Posted by Coptur on February 23rd, 2018 @ 8:26am CST
Va'al wrote:
Transcendent30 wrote:More social justice bullshit from IDW. *Boycotted*

Oh darling. It's ok, the bad comic has already gone away, it can't hurt you.

It was an awful comic before SSF.

Hopefully GIJoe can reboot along side Transformers, we just need better writers and editorial.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941780)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on February 23rd, 2018 @ 9:52am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:So it's called Scarlett's Strike Force, but I don't recall ever seeing Scarlett in any of the previews. Is she actually in the book someplace?

She’s leading the entirety of the G.I. Joe organization.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941785)
Posted by misfire19d on February 23rd, 2018 @ 10:12am CST
Va'al wrote:
Transcendent30 wrote:More social justice bullshit from IDW. *Boycotted*

Oh darling. It's ok, the bad comic has already gone away, it can't hurt you.

You really need to stop sexually harassing posters.

Really, let's not be part of the "toxic" fandom.

#MeToo
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941814)
Posted by partholon on February 23rd, 2018 @ 11:18am CST
thank christ this age of comics seems to be coming to an end.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941823)
Posted by Va'al on February 23rd, 2018 @ 11:40am CST
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Transcendent30 wrote:More social justice bullshit from IDW. *Boycotted*

Oh darling. It's ok, the bad comic has already gone away, it can't hurt you.

You really need to stop sexually harassing posters.

Really, let's not be part of the "toxic" fandom.

#MeToo

You really need to just ask me out, instead of following me around the boards and trying to throw super-clever jabs to impress me. ;)
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941847)
Posted by misfire19d on February 23rd, 2018 @ 12:40pm CST
Va'al wrote:
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Transcendent30 wrote:More social justice bullshit from IDW. *Boycotted*

Oh darling. It's ok, the bad comic has already gone away, it can't hurt you.

You really need to stop sexually harassing posters.

Really, let's not be part of the "toxic" fandom.

#MeToo

I'm going to treat your offer the same way I treat IDW Transformers comics.

I'll pass and wait for something better to come along.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941850)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 23rd, 2018 @ 12:43pm CST
partholon wrote:thank christ this age of comics seems to be coming to an end.

What age of comics? At least IDW is trying new things, since I have a feeling you don't like the direction these comics have taken.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941857)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 23rd, 2018 @ 1:02pm CST
Anybody else remember when we had good comic discussion?
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941861)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 23rd, 2018 @ 1:08pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Anybody else remember when we had good comic discussion?

We still have them but apparently things are becoming polarised everywhere. It's fine if you don't like something, no one forces people to read things (well not outside of school or if you review books for someone else I guess) but I have to wonder the intentions of baiting responses by attacking it. I'm guilty of rushing to defend things but everyone just winds each other up when it should be a simple matter of: don't like it? Say you don't like it and leave, don't attack others for liking it. Tastes are subjective.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941863)
Posted by Va'al on February 23rd, 2018 @ 1:13pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Anybody else remember when we had good comic discussion?

Honestly? There's always been a current of not good discussion.
Sometimes I indulge.

Speaking of SSF though, I am disappointed to see it go, and I have enjoyed the two issues that came out so far, though nothing as groundbreaking as they may have wanted to be. I like Sitterson's flair in some of the writing, but GI Joe just does very little for me.

Rom vs Micronauts is another interesting one, and its third issue is out next week too.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941870)
Posted by MrBlack on February 23rd, 2018 @ 1:45pm CST
I'm seriously bummed this is ending. The art on this and the prior comic wasn't always to my taste, but I have really been loving the characters, and it's obvious there is a lot of story that won't get told.

I'm really disappointed in IDW for not supporting their writers.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941880)
Posted by Burn on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:26pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Anybody else remember when we had good comic discussion?

I know ... it's like some people need to let things go instead of responding to particular comments and driving the thread off-topic. >:oP
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1941884)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 23rd, 2018 @ 2:34pm CST
Burn wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Anybody else remember when we had good comic discussion?

:oops:
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Hasbro Universe: Scarlett's Strike Force #3 (1942167)
Posted by Microraptor on February 24th, 2018 @ 4:25pm CST
Looks alright! Not a fan of the art but the writing is still pretty sharp.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2015 Robots In Disguise RID Warrior Class AUTOBOT RATCHET New!" on EBAY
Buy "2001 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS RID DELUXE PROWL FIGURE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lost Light #1 RI-C 1:50 Megatron Variant IDW 2016 Paul Pope" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers platinum edition robots in disguise Bumblebee Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Class Night Ops Bumblebee - 1 each (New)" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Generations Alt-Modes MISBag Series 2 Silver Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Generations Alt-Modes MISBag  Series 2 Megatron" on EBAY