Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Friday, January 19th, 2018 4:03am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,659

Courtesy this time not of iTunes but directly the IDW Publishing website, we have a three-page preview for a couple of upcoming comics in the Hasbro Universe, both featuring Transformers in some way! Next up is the second issue of the 5 issue mini-series seeing the return to relevance of the Visionaries - after the brutal murder of Kup - and the seeming start of yet another conflict on Cybertron. Check out the three pages previewed below, and join us later next month for longer preview, review and the discussion in the Energon Pub!

AVAILABLE: February 2018
CREATORS:
Magdalene Visaggio (Author) • Fico Ossio (Artist, Cover Artist) • Philip Murphy (Cover Artist)

Virulina, leader of the Darkling Lords, has discovered that the Transformers are vulnerable to magic—and now she’s using that weakness to try and gain control of Cybertron and wipe them out! Leoric and Ironhide team up to stop her, but quickly find themselves facing not only the Darkling Lords, but all of New Prysmos itself!

Transformers News: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Transformers News: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Transformers News: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Transformers News: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Credit(s): IDW

Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932401)
Posted by Big Grim on January 19th, 2018 @ 6:14am CST
Kinda a crappy way for Kup to go out.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932414)
Posted by Randomhero on January 19th, 2018 @ 7:45am CST
Big Grim wrote:Kinda a crappy way for Kup to go out.

Not as crappy as pipes getting stepped on and forgotten.

Or ya know..the Protectobots :( at least this death is explained. Magic yes but it wasnt one dude taking down a gestalt with one swing of a sword and then gunned down.

When I read it I said “yeeeeeeeah that’s gonna be fun when Springer finds out...”
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932416)
Posted by Big Grim on January 19th, 2018 @ 7:51am CST
Randomhero wrote:Not as crappy as pipes getting stepped on and forgotten.

Fair points both.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932420)
Posted by Randomhero on January 19th, 2018 @ 8:40am CST
I actually really enjoyed the first issue. I don’t know visionaries in the slightest but I’m into this series but I would like to see Springer show up and say “THEY DID WHAT...F&@$ THAT!!!” And start stomping on them.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932425)
Posted by Coptur on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:02am CST
TBH I don't like Mags Vissagio and I don't like the changes to the Visionaries

BUT having said that I did put aside those feelings and....

I actually didn't mind the first issue on my 2nd reading of it.

So many characters have been offed in IDW transformers Kup really didn't bother me.

Although I did think Ironhide should've shouted to Tankor to fall back.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932427)
Posted by LE0KING on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:11am CST
I tell you this now, I've been reading the Idw comic run for a long time. I was born ten years too late for G1, so this is, for all accounts, my G1 TF expierence. I've read it in the good and in the bad, but if they kill Prime Breakdown, I'm dropping the whole line.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932428)
Posted by Randomhero on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:14am CST
Coptur wrote:TBH I don't like Mags Vissagio and I don't like the changes to the Visionaries

BUT having said that I did put aside those feelings and....

I actually didn't mind the first issue on my 2nd reading of it.

Although I did think Ironhide should've shouted to Tankor to fall back.

I’m my opinion and I’m being very opinionated I think a lot of the negativity is it’s happening in a book people didn’t want. A lot of the vocal minority don’t want other toys playing with their transformers and don’t feel it’s right to kill off a big name like Kup(again) in a book that people just don’t want and it’s just more fuel for the fire.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932432)
Posted by Randomhero on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:32am CST
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932437)
Posted by Coptur on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:43am CST
Randomhero wrote:Only thing with issue one I didn’t like was the editorial at the end which was “they made me kill Kup please don’t hate me.” It’s like they knew it was gonna get negative reactions and had to make a preemptive response and that stupid “in memeory of Kup” pages. Own it.

Yeah I can fully understand people were angry with the KUP thing, I'm so thick skinned over all the mass killing in IDW TF i'm just so nonchalant about it.

I should care because I like Kup LOL.

Yes true again nobody wanted the Visionaries introduction to be crossed over with the Transformers. The Visionaries really needed their own world built before it was brought down. :-(

LE0KING - I agree and I didn't like how Prime Breakdown's fate in the series as it was done so cheaply...but Arachnid did have female character indestructible powers... :roll: :lol:
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932442)
Posted by Sunstar on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:21am CST
I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I am really not liking how htey are just trashing the Transformers like that. I hope the Transformers can crush each and every one of those flesh coated maggots... argh - it actually is pissing me off. This is silly!
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932449)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:46am CST
Hmm...Still don't see why they couldn't have had one of the other series cross over but what's done is done and I'm curious as to why it was kup was destined to die. Is he going to become "girl in the fridge" material for someone?
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932453)
Posted by LE0KING on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:56am CST
Coptur wrote:

Well my problem is that Scott brought Breakdown in with a ton of potential. He was designed to be an interesting character, with a history as a second class citizen, who came to a new world to become the person he was meant to be. There hasn't been much time to build on that yet, but here he is, nameless thug #7.
If they kill him it will be just another slap across the face of the only writer who cared about giving idw transformers a future.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932456)
Posted by ScottyP on January 19th, 2018 @ 11:00am CST
:reads issue 2 prev

Oh, sorry, I fell asleep. That's 3 pages which have accomplished nothing whatsoever, neat.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932478)
Posted by Coptur on January 19th, 2018 @ 12:12pm CST
LE0KING wrote:
Coptur wrote:

Yeah I hear ya :(
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932482)
Posted by snavej on January 19th, 2018 @ 12:39pm CST
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932487)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 19th, 2018 @ 1:00pm CST
snavej wrote:I wonder if IDW will manage to kill all the Transformers we have known before the comics are killed off by falling sales?! :-?

I think that's the plan. UNICRON will kill everyone and then reboot!
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932499)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2018 @ 1:59pm CST

Ever the optimist :-P but I seriously hope any reboot is soft as I don't wish to return autobot vs decpticons again, at least not for another 10 years maybe? Going back to basics won't get us very far if we end up going in circles.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932508)
Posted by Sunstar on January 19th, 2018 @ 2:42pm CST
because cons vs decepts is overdone - new material. I love the new materials
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932534)
Posted by Whifflefire on January 19th, 2018 @ 4:56pm CST
I think a new take on the origin of the war on Cybertron would be a interesting new take for a reboot to focus on before without simply jumping back into the same formula. The same G1 cast, with stories showing their non-combatant sides and how characters react to the prospect of the war. Like the flashbacks in Shadowplay, but a whole series, at least for a couple of years.
Re: Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2 (1932546)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2018 @ 6:23pm CST
You can do that now without rebooting, I mean you could even do it from the viewpoint of a non aligned, to show what it must be like when you think both sides are bad

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY