Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack

Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack

Thursday, June 29th, 2017 7:50am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 22,599

Courtesy of fellow Seibertron staff Scottyp, we've got some strange and for the moment ambiguous Titans Return reveals for you! After their clone-mates Fastlane and Pounce were released exclusively as parts of a couple boxsets, the upcoming SDCC seems to show that Cloudraker and Wingspan are in fact being released together as a 2-pack by Hasbro rather than in boxsets as earlier speculated! This news comes from Snakas' blog, though the meaning still isn't quite clear. Will Cloudraker and Wingspan still be released in boxsets? Will Fastlane and Pounce be re-released in a similar way? Either way, all we know right now is that they're being shown in Titans Return packaging at SDCC and that we get a very nice look at Wingspan's bird mode from the packaging. Check out the image below and give us your theories in the forums!

Transformers News: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack

Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893047)
Posted by ScottyP on June 29th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893048)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 29th, 2017 @ 8:20am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Hopefully this is a bellwether for Eject and blue Frumble to be in a similar two pack.

I now want a mix and match version of Frenzy/Rumble called Frumble. He'll hang out with Bumblejumper.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893049)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 29th, 2017 @ 8:21am CDT

Yes to this! But I also hope this doesn't mean they are ditching the last 2 boxed sets.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893050)
Posted by malcontentman on June 29th, 2017 @ 8:28am CDT
So Fastclash (Fastlane) was released in a TRU exclusive set, Pounce will be released in a BBTS exclusive set, but I am not sure how these will be released, but I am sure they will be another exclusive in keeping with the pattern.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893051)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 29th, 2017 @ 8:49am CDT
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893052)
Posted by Cobotron on June 29th, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT
Hopeful speculation here, but could the fact that the Clones are on display with a regular retail release point to the same for the two-pack?
Although the whole situation reeks of exclusivity.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893054)
Posted by Insurgent on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:Now I'm dying to see the Takara version. As that head roughly looks like Giga, will there be a Mega to go with it? And maybe with an alternate expression? I'd prefer if one of them were able to snap into the chest, powermaster style, but whatever.

Overlord has 2 spaces in his chest for titan masters to slot into, Powermaster style. One under each white pec.

Hhmmm. If those two clones are in a twin pack, I might be able to pick those up someday for a reasonable price.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893055)
Posted by Rated X on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT

In all honesty I truly believe the release of Ramhorn as a titan is a clear indication Hasbro deemed the data pads a failure and moved on. Partially because Blaster/Soundwave were the wrong scale and got a lot of hate. Partially because the laserbeak and Ravage molds really sucked. I would also like to see the repaints, but I really yearn for a voyager G1 soundwave with smaller cassettes that scale better and look good. The rumble version of the rewind mold also lacks the signature dual guns mounted on his back which for me makes the character.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893057)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:20am CDT
!!!
Cloudraker and WINGSPAN IN TITANS RETURN CLONE SET (Agility?)

Via Planet Iacon
Link: https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.stfu/
EDIT: someone already publish this, my bad :-P
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893058)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:23am CDT
More TR Clones Images via Planet Iacon (Part II)
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893059)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:24am CDT
YESSS THEY ARE IN LEADER CLASS BOXSET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHY THEY TOOK MONTHS TO BE RELEASED? :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD:
And why Fastlane and Pounce are in different boxsets? :shock:
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893062)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:26am CDT
Overlord's a cheater lol :CON:
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893065)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:37am CDT
On Hasbro's side, they've already covered both between Overlord and Sky Shadow. Ominus's design is based on Mega while Dreadnaught's design is based on Giga. So Hasbro wants us to buy both figures to get both of the Titan Masters based on Overlord's original Godmasters.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893066)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 29th, 2017 @ 9:42am CDT
Insurgent wrote:

I know the original layout of the g1 fig as I have one, I was wondering how they were going to stay somewhat true to that while updating the fig to titans return/ tt legends specs
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893071)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 29th, 2017 @ 10:03am CDT
Hold on, is the Boxset of the two clones (Wingspan and Cloudraker) is exclusive? or just part of the wave itself? :-?
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893076)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 29th, 2017 @ 10:46am CDT
Hm yeah. Overlord was never a particularly interesting or stylish looking robot...
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893078)
Posted by Omegatron. on June 29th, 2017 @ 10:53am CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:
Insurgent wrote:

They're talking about the TR toy there, not the G1 toy.
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893081)
Posted by bodrock on June 29th, 2017 @ 11:23am CDT
Not bad, Hasbro -- I'm also eager to see what Takara does with Overlord....or if Imma still need to go with Carnifex.

I like that we're getting the other clones! I also want more info on upcoming Legend class figs -- still enjoying Wheelie!
IMG_6507.JPG
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893085)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 29th, 2017 @ 11:53am CDT
Rated X wrote:

I disagree with that, as Ramhorn's G1-styling is a mere add-on for something bigger: the Titan Master itself is modeled after an unused G1 Headmaster Warrior design, the rhino was a perfect candidate for the Shuffler mold to be retooled into. Look it up! Also keep in mind that all toys in the line are designed in roughly the same time period (1-2 years), so once they first hit stores everything is off the table.

And say what?!

Hey Hasbro, curve balls are a TakaraTomy thing, not yours! :lol:
Re: Titans Return Wingspan and Cloudraker revealed as a 2-pack (1893134)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 29th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
Shame Fastlane's set was never even available in the TRU's around here. Probably left clogging shelves in the Philippines or wherever actually got them. I totally would get this if I had that set, as I dug the original Autobot clones.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY