Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia

Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia

Sunday, October 29th, 2017 5:43am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 19,477

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

From the Facebook page of Emiliano Santalucia, the toy concept designer and artist behind the designs for Titans Return Skullsmasher, we have a look at some of the earlier designs for Titans Return Wolfwire! While not as different from the final product as his crocodilian compatriot, there are still a few noticeable changes - such as a different, shorter cockpit design and an overall bulkier look to the toy. Take a look below, and let us know if there are any details you prefer in this concept artwork!

Transformers News: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia

Transformers News: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia

Credit(s): Emiliano Santalucia


This article was last modified on Sunday, October 29th, 2017 5:45am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1918897)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 29th, 2017 @ 6:16pm CDT
Hopefully Amazon gets Overlord in stock soon. Wow, we're close to breaking 1,000 pages on this thread, don't think that's happened before.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1918902)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 29th, 2017 @ 7:12pm CDT
Qwan wrote:From the Facebook page of Emiliano Santalucia, the toy concept designer and artist behind the designs for Titans Return Skullsmasher, we have a look at some of the earlier designs for Titans Return Wolfwire! While not as different from the final product as his crocodilian compatriot, there are still a few noticeable changes - such as a different, shorter cockpit design and an overall bulkier look to the toy. Take a look below, and let us know if there are any details you prefer in this concept artwork


If only the hind legs on the actual figure didn't have so much getting in the way of their articulation....
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1918971)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:02am CDT
The feet look much less stupid in that Wolfwire concept than on the toy.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1918989)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If anything, I think overall the leader class was the most successful class in this line


I agree, or at least I do when compared to Combiner Wars in the sense that it's the most improved class. In CW the only Leader I found worth buying was Ultra Magnus, the three jets and two Megatrons just weren't doing it for me at all. Then comes Titans Return and I want them all. Only two Leaders I'm missing from Titans Return is PM Optimus Prime (I want one, but they barely showed up in my area and the online prices are getting crazy) and Overlord (getting the Japanese version instead). I don't have SDCC Primitive Prime either if you count him. My buying habits for the other classes haven't changed at all between the two lines, I either buy everything I can get or buy the Takara Tomy version instead, but my Leader class buys have been a huge step up and that trend looks to be holding up in Power of the Primes, I want all of those Leaders, too.

Emerje


Something the Titans Return Leaders had going for them that the Combiner Wars Leaders didn't was that they were integrated into the series gimmick. You could swap their heads with Titan masters of any other class, whereas in CW, the Leaders were kind of off to an island onto themselves. TR also featured some Leader figures of characters we hadn't gotten in years (like Sixshot) or ever in the States (Overlord). CW had bots like Starscream & Skywarp who regularly get new figures every few years. These are some of the reasons (IMO) the TR Leader Class was better than the one in the previous series.

It is nice that they made them feel more a part of the series, but in all honesty I'm not a big fan of swapping heads around and it doesn't really matter to me if they're Titan Master compatible or not, I would have bought these figures anyway. This is especially true since most (all?) of the Leaders don't require the Titan Master to be removed to transform them. They're just such good figures and in great scale.

Emerje

I agree with many of these points. TR made the leader class interesting again, provided some great characters that don't get toys that much, and very few of them needed the titan master removed, so they worked with the gimmick while being somewhat independent.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1918996)
Posted by o.supreme on October 30th, 2017 @ 11:43am CDT
I know many fans purchase the toys based on their personal preferences, but for me, integration has a large part in it for me. In CW I purchased zero leaders, although I heard great things about Ultra Magnus as a toy itself. In TR practically everything had cross pattern play, but I had to draw the line somewhere, so I purchased BOTH Titans, All Leaders (for base Modes), all the Legends class tablets (for integration with Blaster & Soundwave) and all the Titan Masters. I know many of the deluxes and Voyagers got praise, but like I said, I had to draw the line somewhere,

For PotP, I see a similar pattern as I'll probably get all the combining Voyagers and Deluxes (and Predaking of course), as well as all the Prime Masters. I'll skip on the Legends. Leaders, although they look cool, I'll probably skip, unless they have some as yet unrevealed cross play pattern with the combiners.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919005)
Posted by Kurona on October 30th, 2017 @ 12:06pm CDT
Talking of Leaders, Sixshot's on Amazon for 35 dollars right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... 7ddc7a1c6d
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919008)
Posted by Rysquad on October 30th, 2017 @ 12:30pm CDT
I took Titans Return Wheelie off the shelf to transform him to switch up the display.

I'm convinced this is the worst figure released in the Titans Return line, probably for all of Prime Wars Trilogy. And it's been so frustrating getting him back into alt mode that I'd consider him the absolute worst figure ever.

If you even look at him wrong, he'll just fall apart. Is there a Top 5 (bottom 5?) list for worst figures yet?


Kurona wrote:Talking of Leaders, Sixshot's on Amazon for 35 dollars right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... 7ddc7a1c6d


Ah. I bit.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919016)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on October 30th, 2017 @ 12:59pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Talking of Leaders, Sixshot's on Amazon for 35 dollars right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... 7ddc7a1c6d


I bought him at $37.79 a week ago. The price keeps going down.

I have now seen all Titans Returns figures/box sets in retail stores except for Overlord. Just came across 3 Slugslingers at the local walmart. Bought one to replace mine that had broken tabs.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919022)
Posted by william-james88 on October 30th, 2017 @ 2:19pm CDT
Rysquad wrote: Is there a Top 5 (bottom 5?) list for worst figures yet?

There is a top 10 worst figures of all time and when you look at it I am sure you will feel a lot better about that Wheelie :)

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ime/34791/
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919027)
Posted by Rysquad on October 30th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I know many fans purchase the toys based on their personal preferences, but for me, integration has a large part in it for me. In CW I purchased zero leaders, although I heard great things about Ultra Magnus as a toy itself. In TR practically everything had cross pattern play, but I had to draw the line somewhere, so I purchased BOTH Titans, All Leaders (for base Modes), all the Legends class tablets (for integration with Blaster & Soundwave) and all the Titan Masters. I know many of the deluxes and Voyagers got praise, but like I said, I had to draw the line somewhere,

For PotP, I see a similar pattern as I'll probably get all the combining Voyagers and Deluxes (and Predaking of course), as well as all the Prime Masters. I'll skip on the Legends. Leaders, although they look cool, I'll probably skip, unless they have some as yet unrevealed cross play pattern with the combiners.


I'm really only looking forward to the Prime Masters and the Legends class figures. The Prime Master shells are essentially the new Targetmasters to me. And the Legends figures can directly interact with Titan and Prime Masters.

I actually have Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus but he stays in a box with my Ultra Magnus collection (all-time favorite character). Fiction be damned but Ultra Magnus would have worked better with the Titan Master play pattern versus the one-off tiny Minimus Ambus (and Alpha Trion) pilot in my opinion.

It looks like Deluxe and up will have pegs for Titan and Prime Masters to stand on but I don't see any actual piloting going on.


D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If anything, I think overall the leader class was the most successful class in this line


I agree, or at least I do when compared to Combiner Wars in the sense that it's the most improved class. In CW the only Leader I found worth buying was Ultra Magnus, the three jets and two Megatrons just weren't doing it for me at all. Then comes Titans Return and I want them all. Only two Leaders I'm missing from Titans Return is PM Optimus Prime (I want one, but they barely showed up in my area and the online prices are getting crazy) and Overlord (getting the Japanese version instead). I don't have SDCC Primitive Prime either if you count him. My buying habits for the other classes haven't changed at all between the two lines, I either buy everything I can get or buy the Takara Tomy version instead, but my Leader class buys have been a huge step up and that trend looks to be holding up in Power of the Primes, I want all of those Leaders, too.

Emerje


Something the Titans Return Leaders had going for them that the Combiner Wars Leaders didn't was that they were integrated into the series gimmick. You could swap their heads with Titan masters of any other class, whereas in CW, the Leaders were kind of off to an island onto themselves. TR also featured some Leader figures of characters we hadn't gotten in years (like Sixshot) or ever in the States (Overlord). CW had bots like Starscream & Skywarp who regularly get new figures every few years. These are some of the reasons (IMO) the TR Leader Class was better than the one in the previous series.

It is nice that they made them feel more a part of the series, but in all honesty I'm not a big fan of swapping heads around and it doesn't really matter to me if they're Titan Master compatible or not, I would have bought these figures anyway. This is especially true since most (all?) of the Leaders don't require the Titan Master to be removed to transform them. They're just such good figures and in great scale.

Emerje

I agree with many of these points. TR made the leader class interesting again, provided some great characters that don't get toys that much, and very few of them needed the titan master removed, so they worked with the gimmick while being somewhat independent.


Totally agreed when it comes to Titans Return Leaders > Combiner Wars Leaders.


Insurgent wrote:Also, so much agree with the comment about how easy TR makes it to customise figures.


Any third-party and/or Shapeways folks making guns that can seat Titan (and Prime) Masters? I ordered the LG-EX headmaster set and some of the LG legion-sized figures that come with an extra headmaster and I'm just looking for places to put them when they're not piloting a vehicle mode or being used as a head. Basically, I'm looking for a way to get say 10 copies of the Chromedome gun in various colors.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919028)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 30th, 2017 @ 2:55pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:Totally agreed when it comes to Titans Return Leaders > Combiner Wars Leaders.


Same here, but it really isn't even a fair comparison, since 1/2 of the leaders offered were just a slight retool and recolor of Thrilling 30 Jetfire.

I will say this, though, CW Leader megs is a really solid toy. Maybe not the best Megatron (but certainly a decent one), but possibly the best tank-former design to date. They gave us working treads plus a full 360 turning ability on the tank turret. Also, being a solid enough Megatron allowed me to turn TR Megatron into TR Nitro Zues using the head the Thunderwing displaced from the TLK voyager.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919029)
Posted by william-james88 on October 30th, 2017 @ 3:15pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote: Maybe not the best Megatron (but certainly a decent one), but possibly the best tank-former design to date. They gave us working treads plus a full 360 turning ability on the tank turret. Also, being a solid enough Megatron allowed me to turn TR Megatron into TR Nitro Zues using the head the Thunderwing displaced from the TLK voyager.

A good tank, sure, but to be a good tank-former, you need to have a decent robot mode as well.

This is what I had come up with: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/32291/

He is definitely on the list, but not on top, to me.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919032)
Posted by Rysquad on October 30th, 2017 @ 4:06pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I will say this, though, CW Leader megs is a really solid toy. Maybe not the best Megatron (but certainly a decent one), but possibly the best tank-former design to date. They gave us working treads plus a full 360 turning ability on the tank turret. Also, being a solid enough Megatron allowed me to turn TR Megatron into TR Nitro Zues using the head the Thunderwing displaced from the TLK voyager.


Looks like there's a Shapeways kit to make CW Leader Megs Titan Master compatible.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/arielsc ... Return&s=0
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919034)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 30th, 2017 @ 4:30pm CDT
I must be in the minority but the TR leaders have all been lack luster to me in various ways (I don't have Skyshadow yet and waiting on takara overlord though I will more than likely pick up the hasbro overlord if it is ever in stores here as I prefer the colors).

Soundwave and blaster didn't even come with a transforming 'not' cassette included, then with Blaster being a repaint it still had an attachment for soundwaves shoulder cannon -laaaazy. Soundwaves usually a must for me and pretty much awesome in every toy form (apart from the Banus satellite) so I could easily have skipped on him, blaster was a sale purchase and a decent stand in for MP scale. Base modes feel kind of throw away on both, to me, neat for kids but kind of a poormans micromaster base. Might have been a neat touch for blasters insides being arc orange and soundwaves being all purple?

Powermaster Optimus also a sale purchase...his weird chest thing and no ginrai mode made him subpar compared to the G1, plus trying to lock his trailer parts in place, poorly holds his hand guns- and with the encore version being around £80 on release with godbomber compared to the £50 mark TR powermaster.

Sixshot...the gun transformer that doesnt have a gun mode...and even if using the 'submarine' as a gun the wings are way too flimsy for that purpose. Once again another toy that fails to be an improvement over the G1 though a great feature of figures being able to drive the vehicle mode, then totally derped by the figures look when connected as a 'base'. The wing connectors generally making the figure look like it's missing something from it's wings. Full price purchase, all his true modes look nice.

The TR Voyagers, Deluxes and legends (normally I'd avoid legends class figures) Have all been great (besides hasbro bee) and although I thought I was downsizing what I collect, they have been too hard to resist and truly one of the best toy lines so far. I have sold most of my other lines off tho if they can do other series figure updates as good as these, then my downsizing is obliterated for sure -I'm just about holding off on the beastwars TR legends characters in favor of only getting the BW MPs.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919038)
Posted by Skritz on October 30th, 2017 @ 5:06pm CDT
I've enjoyed TR overall but in hindsight I'm really bummed at how little torso articulation was present in the line. To me knowledge no Voyager or Leader has torso articulation. A real bummer overall.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919040)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 30th, 2017 @ 5:15pm CDT
I love that Metalhawk from the Siege of Cybertron set. However, it seem to be made out of bronze/gold plastics. It really worry me. Will it crumble to dust in a couple of years or is GPS a thing of the past?
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919041)
Posted by Skritz on October 30th, 2017 @ 5:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I love that Metalhawk from the Siege of Cybertron set. However, it seem to be made out of bronze/gold plastics. It really worry me. Will it crumble to dust in a couple of years or is GPS a thing of the past?


Apparently GPS has been fixed since 2007.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919043)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 30th, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I love that Metalhawk from the Siege of Cybertron set. However, it seem to be made out of bronze/gold plastics. It really worry me. Will it crumble to dust in a couple of years or is GPS a thing of the past?


Apparently GPS has been fixed since 2007.


Besides, Metalhawk's gold-colored plastic looks matte, no metal flake that I can see.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919046)
Posted by bodrock on October 30th, 2017 @ 6:03pm CDT
Speaking of Siege, I went over to my friend's for lunch, and his Pile o' Loot dropped...!
IMG_8244.JPG
I'm totally down with Other People's Piles of loot.
Re: Titans Return Wolfwire Concepts by Emiliano Santalucia (1919049)
Posted by Skritz on October 30th, 2017 @ 6:23pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Skritz wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I love that Metalhawk from the Siege of Cybertron set. However, it seem to be made out of bronze/gold plastics. It really worry me. Will it crumble to dust in a couple of years or is GPS a thing of the past?


Apparently GPS has been fixed since 2007.


Besides, Metalhawk's gold-colored plastic looks matte, no metal flake that I can see.


Indeed, yellow/orange/gold/amber/brown plastic subject to GPS generally has a flaky or 'swirly' look to it. If the color and texture is mostly uniform, it is far less likely to be the type of plastic that will shatter into dust clouds.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY