Thursday, May 31st, 2012 8:40am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,023

Courtesy of e-Hobby we a couple of promo shots for the upcoming Tokyo Toy Show exclusives, Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime. The show takes place June 14th through June 17th. Each figure is priced at 5000 Yen and limited to two each per attendee. Nothing really new about the images other than the effects.

Credit(s): e-Hobby

Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385590)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 31st, 2012 @ 8:58am CDT
Which is superior: SDCC Universe Nemesis Prime, or eHobby United Black Optimus Prime? Or rather, a clone versus his Darkside?
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385653)
Posted by jamiko on May 31st, 2012 @ 11:59am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385666)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on May 31st, 2012 @ 12:29pm CDT
jamiko wrote:I want that crystal first edition but, sadly will never be able to afford it. :sad:

I hit the web and did the currency conversion, it'll be about 64 dollars for each figure. Of course, that means that BBTS is selling their's for 99.99... That's how much they're making off of it...

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385674)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 31st, 2012 @ 12:52pm CDT
Anyone want my pre order for Black Convoy? I will be dropping it today.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385757)
Posted by Mkall on May 31st, 2012 @ 5:19pm CDT
Stryfe Convoy wrote:

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

False.

To get this figure from a convention to the states requires BBTS to pay for three services.
1) The initial cost of the figures at the convention
2) An entity (could be a single person or a group) to go to the convention with the main goal of procuring as many of these as possible
3) That entity to ship their acquired goods to BBTS via a priority carrier

Both of which mean that to get these figures to their door, BBTS is probably paying about 80-85 a head. Which knocks their profit margin down quite a bit, from 36% to 15% which is a pretty standard profit margin for most retailers, especially for hard-to-obtain items such as these.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385783)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on May 31st, 2012 @ 6:35pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Stryfe Convoy wrote:

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

False.

1) The initial cost of the figures at the convention
3) That entity to ship their acquired goods to BBTS via a priority carrier

My mistake... I hadn't thought about the shipping and whatnot... :oops:

Still all in all, I want that black Prime... I love that mold, I love the notion of a black Prime, and I love the notion of an evil Prime... This one just looks very sexy while doing all of the above. Too bad I didn't get a pre-order in for it...
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385843)
Posted by skript on May 31st, 2012 @ 11:00pm CDT
I'll be going =)

And I thought it was free entry into the Show.
Hope so..
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1385855)
Posted by LiKwid on June 1st, 2012 @ 12:57am CDT
Mkall wrote:
Stryfe Convoy wrote:

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

False.

1) The initial cost of the figures at the convention
3) That entity to ship their acquired goods to BBTS via a priority carrier

My mind=Blown..... LoL.. Thanks for the breakdown Mkall! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389102)
Posted by El Duque on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:15am CDT
Courtesy of Hisashi Yuki's Twitter account we two new images of the 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show exclusive United Black Optimus Prime. We've mirrored the images below. This figure along with a crystal version of Transformers Prime "First Edition" Voyager Optimus Prime will be available at this weekend's show.

Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389111)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT
So glad I am over my Nemesis Prime phase, or I would be dropping serious cash on this.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389114)
Posted by rpetras on June 12th, 2012 @ 9:04am CDT

But I don't like it $100 better than the one I have, so it's a pass.

Clear variants are not my thing, so that is not at all tempting my wallet.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389117)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 12th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
Still the best Prime mold of all-time, IMO.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389133)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2012 @ 10:20am CDT
"Black Optimus Prime" (ブラックオプティマスプライム Burakku Oputimasu Puraimu)

:-B
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389147)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 12th, 2012 @ 11:14am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389157)
Posted by Kibble on June 12th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CDT
rpetras wrote:I like the black prime, and I even like it better than the older SDCC one HTS had (the red windows rock!)

But I don't like it $100 better than the one I have, so it's a pass.

+1. I've been wrestling with this since the pre-orders went up. While I think it definitely looks nicer, it's still $100 and not much different than what I already have...and it would represent the same character in my collection. Just isn't seeming like a $100 upgrade. Especially when I know I'll just take it out of the package, throw it on the shelf, and forget about it. If they somehow come down in price 8 months from now I'll probably jump at it...otherwise I think I'll just have to live without it.

That said, if anyone is looking for a pre-order from BBTS, let me know as I'll be canceling mine in the near future.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389167)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 12th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Still the best Prime mold of all-time, IMO.

Depending what day of the week it is I might agree with you on that one. I certainly don't think it deserves the stick it gets from some collectors.

I'm not too happy about paying $100 plus shipping for this guy, but I don't yet own any black Optimus' so I'll suck it up. The dark red windows and eyes make him many times more badass than the SDCC version. I recently came to the shocking realisation that a black repaint of RTS Laser Optimus has no place in my insignificant collection so I guess this is the naughty Prime for me.

Nemesis Destron wrote:I only hope the integrity of the mold for United Prime is good if not fare considering mold degradation. :PRAY: :VEHI:

Amen, brother.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389194)
Posted by TimothyR on June 12th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
best prime mold of all time? ..

far from it, in my opinion. MP10 is leaps and bounds better.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389243)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 12th, 2012 @ 3:33pm CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389277)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 12th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o

That's just how anime robots stand sometimes. :-B
I like it myself, better than standing boringringly like some doofus, some doofus who stands. :P
Re: Tokyo Toy Show 2012 Exclusives Transformers Prime First Edition Crystal Optimus Prime and United Black Optimus Prime Promo Shots (1389283)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 12th, 2012 @ 4:33pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Stryfe Convoy wrote:

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

False.

1) The initial cost of the figures at the convention
3) That entity to ship their acquired goods to BBTS via a priority carrier

I love how we have to keep pointing this out every time one of these figures goes up for pre-order.

Man, I hope there will be a few Black Primes left later this year once I can get around to grabbing one.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY