Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed

Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed

Friday, June 13th, 2014 9:40pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,071

And here's the moment so many of you have been waiting for, our first glimpse at the Masterpiece Fan's Choice winner Star Saber! The prototype has been revealed at the Tokyo Toy Show. The prototype is behind glass and it appears pictures are prohibited, but someone still managed to snap a quick image. Check out the image mirrored below courtesy of Weibo user 北马伊斯力.

Transformers News: Re: MP Star Saber........let the countdown begin?

Credit(s): 北马伊斯力

This article was last modified on Friday, June 13th, 2014 9:47pm CDT

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581963)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2014 @ 9:43pm CDT
Wonder if any requests will come in to have this pic taken down since TakaraTomy had ordered no photography of this thing.

Also, HUH?! He's shorter than Ultra Magnus?!
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581964)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 13th, 2014 @ 9:49pm CDT
Am I the only one who thought he'd be bigger? :-?
*edit*
Sabrblade wrote:Also, HUH?! He's shorter than Ultra Magnus?!

I know right?...maybe since he isn't part of the main MP line they haven't made him to fit in size wise? More like a leader sized Star Saber to work with classics?

Still, he looks pretty solid. Although he almost looks like a non posable PVC :lol:

Can't wait to see more 8)
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581966)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 13th, 2014 @ 9:55pm CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581970)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
So fired up for this one! :michaelbay:

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581974)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I really love that color scheme on that UM alt-mode all Motormaster-ish looking. :VEHI:
You mean that prototype?
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581976)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:17pm CDT

"I wear the chain I forged in life. I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it. Is its pattern strange to you? Or would you know, the weight and length of the strong coil you bear yourself? It was full as heavy and as long as this, seven Christmas Eves ago. You have laboured on it, since. It is a ponderous chain!"

Oh, yeah, the size thing...He WILL scale well with Classics, I guess. Maybe it's partly because this begs for a Victory Leo to combine with someday, and they couldn't justify making that toy any bigger than this. Really makes me glad Fort Max didn't win; even for a Marvel loyalist like myself, a Masterpiece Max this size would be sort of a letdown.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581979)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
You mean that prototype?

Indeed, very cool looking IMHO. :VEHI:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581980)
Posted by Convoy on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:29pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:The awesome can not be contained, so he has to be chained. (Yes, I know it's the glare)

MP Star Saber has usurped all of my love.

EDIT: I'm praying to TT for a Victory Leo to make Victory Saber tower over the other MPs with his platform shoes.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581988)
Posted by morphobots on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:05pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:"Let the COUNTDOWN begin"? He used to live there, but wasn't it Moonradar's rocket base in his continuity?

The Dickens's quote is pure genius. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581992)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:21pm CDT
hahahaha fail size :lol:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581995)
Posted by Siger on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:52pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:hahahaha fail size :lol:

That's ironic considering your signature pic. :lol:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1581998)
Posted by megatronus on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:01am CDT
Even Takara's prototypes are better. Two-tone grey? Splash of red? Geez, that's awesome! :lol:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582001)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Siger wrote:
BERSEKAEL wrote:hahahaha fail size :lol:

That's ironic considering your signature pic. :lol:

well, my main collection is that 3" tall line, but I also collect MP and That MP Star Saber is not MP scaled, total fail... maybe is a different and new MP scale, or just size/scaled random like AoE toys. Glad Fortress didn't win, would match with WST rather than MP :APPLAUSE:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582002)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:17am CDT
Siger wrote:
BERSEKAEL wrote:hahahaha fail size :lol:

That's ironic considering your signature pic. :lol:

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582004)
Posted by Seibertron on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:24am CDT
What makes you guys think that he's that much smaller than Ultra Magnus? The angle of the picture makes it difficult to tell. It looks like the photographer was holding the camera up on the same level with Magnus but quickly tilted the camera down to snap the photograph of Star Saber (hence why there is only 1 pic). It might be smaller than Magnus but I'd be surprised if he was smaller than the Seeker or Soundwave mold.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582005)
Posted by Seibertron on June 14th, 2014 @ 12:27am CDT
In this pic, Star Saber looks very comparable in size to Ultra Magnus.

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582008)
Posted by guarayakha on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:01am CDT
Seibertron wrote:In this pic, Star Saber looks very comparable in size to Ultra Magnus.

He probably looked shorter than he's supposed to be because:

a) perspective; &
b) he's much better proportioned and has slimmer legs compared to UM.

But, I guess they couldn't fit in the SaberBlade gimmick huh?
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582011)
Posted by Seibertron on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:40am CDT
I just got a message from Professor Smooth on Facebook. He was at the show earlier, saw Star Saber in person, and said that Star Saber and Ultra Magnus are "Very similar in size".
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582018)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:58am CDT

I know, right? That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thumbnail. :D
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Masterpiece Star Saber Prototype Revealed (1582039)
Posted by dragons on June 14th, 2014 @ 4:16am CDT
More than half looks to be diecast hard to tell

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl Nearly Complete 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Prowl! War for Cybertron Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Megatron" on EBAY