Friday, June 13th, 2014 6:06am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,022

We have shown you some images from the Tokyo Toy Show already, but thanks to the AmiAmi blog, we have a new selection of slightly better quality shots (and different poses) of some of the reveals, from Transformers Cloud, Masterpiece, Evangelion crossover and two new Age of Extinction mini-formers. Feel free to comment on this newspost, or head to the relevant threads: Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-21 Bumblebee, MP-22 Ultra Magnus, Evangelion crossover, Transformers Cloud.

Transformers News: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More

Credit(s): AmiAmi

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581775)
Posted by dragons on June 13th, 2014 @ 7:13am CDT
Rodimus looks good in bot mode Hate to see his vehicle mode triple changer
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581782)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2014 @ 7:52am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581787)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 13th, 2014 @ 8:06am CDT
I'm loving Cloud Shockwave even if he is "just" a repaint, and Cloud Hot Rodimus looks neat too. If I could get just one Cloud figure, it's going to be either Starscream or Shockwave. :)

For those curious, the estimated release date for Shockwave and Hot Rodimus seems to be November, with preorders opening up this month. The final two figures should be revealed before September.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581792)
Posted by megatronus on June 13th, 2014 @ 8:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like someone at the show finally realized how terrible Magnus's pose was and gave him a more neutral-looking stance.

I had the same thought. :D

EDIT: Bee is also looking a bit better for me, too. Maybe its just the closeup shot.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581802)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 13th, 2014 @ 8:42am CDT
megatronus wrote:

I had the same thought. :D

Told you I'll put Magnus on a diet! I'll take full credit for this. :grin:
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581803)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 13th, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
Properly posed, Ultra Magnus looks fantastic and the butt flap is hardly noticable. I'm not regretting my preorder. Wheeljack and Bumblebee look amazing too though I hope the final product Bumblebee is more yellow than the more gold look here.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581808)
Posted by Rated X on June 13th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581809)
Posted by Rated X on June 13th, 2014 @ 9:35am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581810)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 13th, 2014 @ 9:41am CDT
Rated X wrote:Cloud rodimus looks like a super deformed FP protecter. Cloud shockwave was a clever use of the mold to milk a repaint, but nothing I care about. I just stick with TFP shockwave for my classics until a real shockwave comes out. MP bumblebee is all wrong for MP scale by cartoon standards, but might work well for classics if its the same height as an igear scout figure. But why did they have to give it that stupid fake car window in robot mode ? I would rather it have been a hatch like the classics figure. Magnus looks good. I can see all those people who bought KFC Citizen Stack bitch slapping themselves in frustration. And Im calling it...KO Marlboor Wheeljack (Takara is too sissy to promote cigarettes, even in a line meant for adult collectors)

What fake car window on bumblebee are you talking about?
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581813)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:12am CDT
Those squat Movieverse figures are very strange.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581818)
Posted by Siger on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:31am CDT
Evangelion Optimus :SICK:
Mini Transformers :SICK:
Cloud Shockwave :SICK:
Wheeljack :APPLAUSE:
Ultra Magnus still looks too beefcake, but probably better in hand. The rest are ok. >:oP
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581819)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
well that makes Magnus look a lot better.

Rodimus cloud mode is approved by me but $100? nope.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581823)
Posted by Mkall on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:48am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581825)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:51am CDT
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581827)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
Yep, Magnus is looking good! Is it me or are Bee's forearms mistransformed? I don't remember seeing a gap there before.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581828)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:59am CDT
Mkall wrote:I do like that purple Whirl. He's not Shockwave IMO, but it's a nice colour, so I'll find some place on my shelves for him.

You're gonna pay that much for something you don't like?

Why are the cloud molds so much? That makes no sense to me.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581830)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
from the same twitter user

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581834)
Posted by leokearon on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:16am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:from the same twitter user

Looks really good, I might buy this.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581835)
Posted by Rated X on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:19am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

What fake car window on bumblebee are you talking about?

The one located right under his neck in robot mode. Its obviously not the front or rear window of the beetle. Its a fake window.
Re: Tokyo Toy Show Coverage: Transformers Image Roundup - Masterpiece, Evangelion, Cloud, More (1581839)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 13th, 2014 @ 11:55am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Why are the cloud molds so much? That makes no sense to me.

1. Japan exclusive 2. Online Exclusive 3. Limited Series. >:oP

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skytread Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY