Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line

Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line

Saturday, June 29th, 2019 9:24pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Editorials, Top Lists
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 46,336

Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. This week, I am joined by Cobotron. These are our opinions so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

Top 10 best toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line

Unlike other lists I write for the site, the order here was chosen through a poll I organized a while ago where fans selected which toys they would include in their top list. The more times a toy was chosen, the higher it appears on the list so while I will vouch that all the toys below are excellent and well worth your time, with this line being one of my all time favourites, the order does not come from me. So this will be lighter on words than usual. Let’s get to it.

10. Transformers Cybertron Cybertron Defense Hot Shot (Exigeyser)
I really like how the essence of the previous form of Hotshot is felt here, but at the same time it is a totally new toy. And I really like that knife, along with the loads and loads of weapons.

Transformers News: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line

9. Transformers Cybertron Downshift
What a fantastic alt mode! It’s very old fashioned in terms of robot mode and transformation for a carbot, with the front of the car becoming the chest, but with a nice modern flair. Plus I love that Wheeljack headsculpt.

8. Transformers Cybertron Cybertron Defense Scattorshot (Backgild)

This transformation is so good, you can find it again on the more recent Leader Megatron from Combiner Wars. It was revolutionary at the time and the fact that the technology to have a rotating turret is still used today comes to show how timeless this toy is. I also like how the feet are formed with alt mode kibble. I really wish we had more of this instead of having barely hidden feet on bots (like with Siege Megatron).

7. Transformers Cybertron Jetfire (Dreadrock)

This is just a cool looking toy. Both modes give you the feeling that they are larger than they really are due to some massive proportions. But he carries it very well, and this is another winner in the headsculpt department in the Cybertron line (there are lots of great headsculpts here).

6. Transformers Cybertron Megatron (Master Megatron)/ Galvatron (Master Galvatron)
The Unicron Trilogy had an odd habbit of reversing the colours of Megatron and Galvatron with Megatron having purple and Galvatron being silver/grey. Both decos rock of course but the silver just give it that extra edge. While the robot mode can be a bit clunky with the giant calves, they are a result of a super cool alt mode which looks like what Batman would be driving on Cybertron.

5. Transformers Cybertron Hot Shot/Excellion
This is one of my favourite car Transformers of all time due to how great and different both modes look while being a smart and swift transformation. This efficient and elegant transformation is the basis for many of the combiner limbs we got once Combiner Wars started. And of all the great headsculpts in the line, this is the one that I feel tops them all. Plus he is a really neat homage to Hot Rod.

4. Transformers Cybertron Vector Prime
This is my personal favourite from the line and it is the one toy from this line I would deem essential to a collection. Nothing like this has been done since with a very different space ship mode that leans more towards the fantasy side of science fiction. He is also gorgeously adorned in clockwork detail and has one of the best weapon integrations of all time.

3. Transformers Cybertron Starscream
It is really too bad that the voyager Starscream toy in his show colours was never released by Hasbro, but at least fans got to experience this excellent mold in other colours, such as a very Thrust like burgundy and in blue with Dirge.

Transformers Universe - Classics 2.0 Dirge Gallery

2. Transformers Cybertron Primus Gallery

I really like how this is a full-on planet former where the alt mode is a sphere and yet it gives us a really nice robot mode which does not feel confine to its alt mode to define its proportions (unlike that never released Unicron toy). That’s especially surprising given how basic the transformation is. And yet we end up with two very different looking modes including a drop dead gorgeous robot mode.

1. Transformers Cybertron Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy)

This is one of the best Optimus Prime toys out there. When it came out, it was a new design with some nice homages. You have the cab robot like in G1 and you can combine it with the trailer, like Power Master Prime, to make a super robot. While the articulation is lacking, it has fun play features, looks imposing and has this nice chunky feel to him.

This article was last modified on Monday, July 1st, 2019 11:39am CDT

Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026801)
Posted by Randomhero on June 29th, 2019 @ 10:09pm CDT
This brought back some nostalgia. I had the entire line from scout class to supreme class and it was such a good year and half. I can only imagine this wasn’t an easy list to make because this line really didn’t have any differs. Maybe the beast planet had some but every figure was still fun.
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026802)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 29th, 2019 @ 10:13pm CDT
I would personally rate Snarl above Cybertron Defense Hot Shot because of wolf bias and liking his articulation scheme more. I'd also rate Override higher.

But these are all wonderful molds. And CD Scattorshot is seriously the best multiple rocket system Transformer we've had, since it splits the launcher into a couple of arm-mounted launchers for easy use in robot mode.
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026804)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 29th, 2019 @ 10:27pm CDT
Can't say I disagree with this list Will! Great choices! In my opinion though, I would have switched around Hot Shot and Scattershot. Scattershot may be a great toy, but I don't really like his design, especially compared to other Cybertron figures.

Great list to read though, and you made the right choice for the #1 spot going to Cybertron Optimus Prime (people would have rioted otherwise :lol: )
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026814)
Posted by MaverickPrime on June 29th, 2019 @ 10:52pm CDT
Cybertron was an absolute BEAST of a line, I fully believe there wasn't a single bad toy in it, because even the ones people tend to mention when speaking of "worsts" had some saving grace, like Backstop who is constanly targetted for his bot mode, but had a wonderful rhino mode. I'm a sucker for articulation, and while that would usually make a line rank lower for me, this line was so, so FUN that I really don't care, even if some toys were bricks, they were so well constructed and detailed that they could keep you entertained for hours.
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026816)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2019 @ 11:14pm CDT
Arg! I really want to say this list is perfect, but I just don't think Hot Shot is that great. For the most part he's fine, but his arms bug the hell out of me, they're so gangly and unnaturally far from his torso. Plus I think popping out little Hot Rod wings is a waste of the gimmick. I'd rather give his slot to either Evac or Mudflap... probably Mudflap since he's got a neat transformation and that MASSIVE (though a little unwieldy) sword. Probably bump him to the 10 spot and move everything up.

Emerje
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026825)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:28am CDT
i would have thought supreme class starscream would have made the list
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026827)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 30th, 2019 @ 2:43am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:i would have thought supreme class starscream would have made the list

What, you mean the Official Oversize KO whose only improvement to the design was articulated pectoral guns? The Official Oversize KO which (despite Hasbro trying to make it more appealing by releasing the Voyager in Thrust's colors and even then only in a two-pack with Vector Prime, and replacing Jetfire and Overhaul's Cybertron Cyber Keys) most people didn't want until the 2nd half of the show, when Starscream actually became a giant in-series, rolled around? :-D For as big as that toy is, it doesn't improve enough on the Voyager to make a Top 10 list.

Makes a great foe for Megazords and CW/PotP Combiners though.
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026840)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 30th, 2019 @ 6:09am CDT
I loved this line and think ransack and mudflap were both extremely underrated
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026847)
Posted by ScottyP on June 30th, 2019 @ 7:56am CDT
Nice list! Personally would have subbed CD Hot Shot for a dark horse out of the Scout assortment: Hardtop.

Transformers Cybertron Hardtop Gallery

Fantastic range of articulation on this figure, could get it into some pretty near sniping poses. Feels like a true predecessor to the modern Legends Class.
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026849)
Posted by Black Hat on June 30th, 2019 @ 8:03am CDT
Ah, Cybertron! AKA the line I missed most of due to being fixated on Lego Exo-Force at the time. Whoops...

I only had Dark Scorponok from the line, but I did get to experience CD Scattorshot via Universe Dropshot (currently being converted into Megatron...very, very slowly...) and he's an amazing figure. I really want to get more stuff from this line.

Anyway, this is a really solid list, and it's telling that even the #10 spot is still high on my want list; CD Hot Shot looks awesome, I adore the chunky armoured car mode and the robot mode is sublime. And I'll agree, the knife is an excellent touch. All the other choices are great too, no complaints here.

As far as honourable mentions go (based purely on how they look since I haven't handled any of them...) I'd be tempted to list:
>Wreckloose, whose asymmetrical robot mode and kinda TM2-esque beast mode appeal to me in all the right ways.
>Ransack and Crumplezone, the latter especially for the awesome alt mode (also the name "Land Bullet" is both appropriate and awesome).
>Sideways, one of the most gorgeously "abstract" Transformers we've ever gotten.
>Soundwave, who whilst maybe a bit dated by today's standards was for a long time the closest thing there was to a good Voyager CHUG Soundwave.
>Scrapmetal, though I really wish we'd gotten the blue version too.

In other words, pretty much everyone. Seriously, it'd be easier to compile a list of Cybertron figures that weren't good.
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026864)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:57am CDT
I finally got Forza Horizon 3 a couple weeks ago, and have spent half the time making Transformers. Been trying to Branch out of G1, though, so I've done Cybertron Cannonball and Override. Still need to do Hotshot, Downshift, and Crosswise.

Are Forza designs something I should post in Transtopia?
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026872)
Posted by Rogue-Primal on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:15am CDT
Totally agree with this list. I think another notable character from the scouts Shortround from this series should be part of a next topic with top 10 transformers with abnormal alternate transformations since Shortround has a toilet mode

Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026881)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:37am CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:Are Forza designs something I should post in Transtopia?

Sure
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026882)
Posted by Stargrave on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:38am CDT
These are the best and always make my day. Thanks William! I can only echo the sentiments of nostalgia. At the time this came out I was a bit older, probably overly broody or something at the time :lol: as youth can tend to be.

Like with the Bayverse and the issues I had with those robot designs back then I was not super thrilled with the show and that super direct imaging of the toys... but the toys were so undeniably cool. So, freaking, cool. Articulation and gimmickry were just at the cutting edge and it was being well pulled off left and right. And so much fan service.

Optimus having the one spot, 100% agree. And the recent Siege Galaxy Upgrade Prime has just totally been bringing me back to the original just such a great toy, across any action figure toy line.

And I still regret never having gotten that danged Megatron!! :lol:
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026888)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:11pm CDT
This brings back lots of good memories. I pretty much grew up on Cybertron toys, so it sits right next to G1 as being my favorite series to get updated figures from. I don't think I could make a list if I tried.

Also this list has made me want Galvatron again, and I hate that, because I already have Megatron and don't need to spend 100$ on a lavish silver redeco.

No, I'm not in denial why do you ask?
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026894)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:42pm CDT
Never liked the vector prime in this series, felt more like one of the early star wars transformers. Evac was great and some of the scouts were nice. Sometimes I think I like the jetfires and other times not at all. Only have the hot shot mold as Springer and its such a nice figure I wasn't able to get rid of it when thrilling thirty came out and would have been happy picking up a Evac springer to complete his modes (but then Evac looked great as blades and galvatron... Okay evacs my no. 1).
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026897)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 30th, 2019 @ 12:49pm CDT
As someone who has slowly been getting into the UT, I agree there are some really awesome toys in this line!

My rankings based on the ones I have are:

1) Primus: I have the TLK Cybertron, and he is incredible. That right there is how you make a planetformer!

2) Cybertron Defense Scattershot: I have the Overload repaint, and it is great. I love the alt mode, and just how weaponed out the robot mode is too. That is a mean machine!

3) Vector Prime: Really fun and heavy mold. Wish his arms could move a bit more, but he is really cool, I love the intricate detail on him

4) Hot Shot (car): I have the Breakaway version, and he is fun! Just wish his arms were a lot better, the forearms are way too short.

5) Legends of Cybertron Megatron: Love the design, need the bigger one, but the little guy ain't bad either!
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026937)
Posted by Cobotron on June 30th, 2019 @ 4:04pm CDT
I am old. I am G1, and give all respect that is due to Grandpa, but I will stand by what I say again and again. Beast Wars and Cybertron are to this day my very favorite lines we have ever had.

Great list! I would have put Vector Prime at the top, only because that toy and character has inspired so many hours of play for me for the past however many years now. And somebody, not sure who, would have gotten the boot to make room for Armorhide. Just love that squatty thick little dwarf warrior of a badass!

Again, cool list Billy! Glad these toys have aged as well as they have. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. ;)^

Edit: I may have also tried to squeeze Menasor in there too. :lol:

Edit Edit: WAIT A SECOND!!!! I HELPED WITH THIS LIST!?!? Man, it has been a long time in the making! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derpity derp dorp derp! I will now go back and read more slowly and carefully. As I said from the start, I'm old. Maybe I need to have a Doc test the old memory machine. 8-}
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026977)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:02pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Makes a great foe for Megazords and CW/PotP Combiners though.

Um no, KO my ass! It had a better design overall
Re: Top 10 Best Transformers Toys from the Cybertron / Galaxy Force line (2026982)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 1st, 2019 @ 12:05am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Makes a great foe for Megazords and CW/PotP Combiners though.

Um no, KO my ass! It had a better design overall

Care to explain that viewpoint? I own the darn thing and while it looks cool and imposing, it's mostly just the Voyager design scaled up. The arms and legs don't have any more range of motion than the Voyager, and nor does the head. The optics are the wrong color (HasTak just can't be trusted to get the color right on electronically-lit eyes unless the correct color is red/red-orange). The hands are just solid hands with 5mm ports in them, which is pretty pathetic on a Supreme-class toy. The only improvement I've found that it makes is articulating the pectoral guns.
So what is it about the Supreme-class Starscream that makes it a better design in your book? I'm perplexed.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action Figure (Read description)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Voyager: Vector Prime MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class Air Vehicon" on EBAY