Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

Saturday, December 26th, 2015 9:09am CST

Categories: Site Articles, Editorials, Top Lists
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 114,400

Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. These are my opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

Top 5 Most badass looking Transformer toys

This was probably the most fun I had making a list since I simply spent a bunch of time perusing galleries looking for pictures to prove how badass some Transformers toys can look. This list will inevitably be light on writing since in this case a picture is worth more than my words. I am lucky to be writing these lists for a site which is known for its galleries and I encourage you all to write your lists on which Transformers Toys look badass with some pictures in the discussion. So without further ado, here are what I find to be the most badass looking Transfromers toys.

5. Transformers G1 1986 Predaking (Reissue) and Transformers Super God Masterforce Powermaster Optimus Prime w/ Apex Armor (God Ginrai)

You would think G1 toys wouldn't look very badass since most can't move well but that would mean ignoring some of the most badass designs ever. Predaking and Powermaser Optimus are brimming with guns and sharp metal (and teeth for Predaking). They both look like emissaries for death either swooping down or revving up towards you. I couldn't choose which looked more badass because they are indeed both bricks with a combining gimmick, and an equally badass alt mode (don't mess with Tantrum!), and both have weapons EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

4. Transformers Generations Roadbuster

For some reason, having a visor instead of optics, which helps hide emotion, just brings the badass level to 11 (think Robocop) and a lot of the picks on this list have that (total coincidence I realized as I wrote this down) like Roadbuster here. While the whole design is badass, what I love are the accessories he comes with. You could turn his alt mode into a Mad Max like vehicle with all the added artillery and it's just so fun all the weapon combinations you could come up with in any mode. I especially love having the missile pod on one of his shoulders (Thew has a great rundown of all the possibilities).

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

3. Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock (Grimlock (MP-08))

Behold!

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

Having the massive T-Rex hips become the shoulders gives you such a beast of a bot.

Hail to the King baby!

2. Transformers Universe - Classics 2.0 Onslaught

That deal with the visor I was talking about earlier comes to full effect on this Onslaught toy. Those shoulders are insane with the alt mode's ramming spikes climbing to the heavens with his back cannons completing the look. This toy doesn't combine to form Bruticus and he clearly doesn't need to, I am already shi#&ing my pants.

1. Transformers Universe Nemesis Prime

Ok, before we get to this, how many of you know of Peter Freuchen, the most badass man to ever live? Here is the most awesome and brief history lesson you will ever have (brought to you by me and kottke.org):

Standing six feet seven inches, with a magnificent beard, Freuchen was an arctic explorer (among many other things). He participated in several arctic journeys (including a 1000-mile dogsled trip across Greenland), had a peg leg (he lost his leg to frostbite in 1926; he amputated his gangrenous toes himself), was involved in the Danish resistance against Germany and was imprisoned and sentenced to death by the Nazis before escaping to Sweden. My favourite part of his life is when he was trapped in an ice cave where he would certainly die, so he fashioned an icepick out of his frozen poop to escape. Oh and if the peg leg and beard didn't give it away, in his older years he became a whaler ship captain. While the harpoon launcher was invented, he preferred whale hunting the old fashion way which means driving up to the whale and manually stabbing the harpoon into it.

This is how he looked like.

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

I don't know about you, but that pic totally makes me think of this toy:

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

Oh man! That toy always looked like Optimus woke up between those millions of years stuck on earth and explored out during the ice age by himself, where he skinned Mammoths to keep warm (and eventually went back to the volcano to keep sleeping and never spoke of this to anyone). He totally gives me a Norse viking/seasoned arctic explorer vibe ala Peter Freuchen. Just look at this picture from Hisashi Yuki, the Takara designer who made this toy:

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

And the best part is that Hasbro (freaken Hasbro for once!) made the most badass redeco of this already insanely badass looking toy. They gave him a Nemesis Prime deco with ... blood soaked tusks !

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

Honourable Mentions: Please let us know which toys you find most badass as I am sure there are more than the ones I mentioned. Here's another, for instance:

Transformers Cybertron Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy)

Transformers News: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys

Also I wasn't going to include him since he is just so much on the nose but come on, I have to mention Transformers Masterpiece G2 Sideswipe (G-2 Lambor):

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 9:43pm CDT

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750409)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 26th, 2015 @ 9:11am CST
Black Convoy and Omega Prime? Also Gigatron mold from Car Robots.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750414)
Posted by Prime Riblet on December 26th, 2015 @ 9:55am CST
I guess it all depends on how we determine what "bad ass" means.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750419)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 26th, 2015 @ 10:40am CST
Unicron

-Eat's planets for funnsies

-Was probably the only thing to make Galvatron speechless when he transformed

-Actually says '...I considered sparring your wretched little planet, now, you shall witness it's dismemberment.'

-And is voiced by Orson Welles

'nuff said [-(

And, well, let's not forget The Fallen, who, by virtue of not having a very good toy, gets omitted, but, come on, he's on F#%KING FIRE :twisted:
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750420)
Posted by Randomhero on December 26th, 2015 @ 10:53am CST
Fallen hasn't got anything on toaster bot Ejector
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750422)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 26th, 2015 @ 11:04am CST
Randomhero wrote:Fallen hasn't got anything on toaster bot Ejector

True, he should have made the list on virtue of transforming into a toaster, that's pretty badass :michaelbay:
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750423)
Posted by Va'al on December 26th, 2015 @ 11:14am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Fallen hasn't got anything on toaster bot Ejector

Thirded. So majestic.

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750433)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 26th, 2015 @ 11:57am CST
I have so many Bad-ass looking TFd in mind, but I have to go somewhere with my familly so I'll just point one:

The final form or Armada Optimus Prime, the TOWER OF DEATH:

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750438)
Posted by transformnerd114 on December 26th, 2015 @ 12:08pm CST
I would like to suggest some of them: Armada Unicron, Transformers Cybertron Galvatron, Wing Saber (especially when W.S. and O.P. combine into Sonic Wing Mode), Dark Crumplezone, Sideways, Nemesis Breaker, Alternators Shockblast, Movie 2007 Longarm, Incinerator, Stockade, Leader Class Brawl, ROTF Voyager Bludgeon, Recon Ironhide, Skystalker, HFTD Leader Class Starscream, Brimstone/RTS Chopsaw, DOTM Shockwave, HA Soundwave, Takara AOE Leader Optimus Prime, Generations Skullgrin, Warpath, WFC Optimus Prime, Prime F.E. Cliffjumper, and finally, P.R.I.D. Soundwave because he's so menacing.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750441)
Posted by Evil Eye on December 26th, 2015 @ 12:20pm CST

If I may, I'd like to suggest my own list:

5: PCC Sledge.

Despite being a bit of a pipsqueak, I do love this guy- between the scowl, the neat black and yellow colourscheme and the fact he has a rock saw on his chest, he's pretty awesome looking. Plus, his vehicle mode is pretty cool, his targetmaster of sorts is a drill, and he makes a nifty combiner torso.

4: Armada Megatron.

He loses points for being a bit of a brick and for that weird coral-orange colour, but I do love him so. His tank mode is like a big armour-plated beetle, and that robot mode is just to die for. The proportions, the massive shoulder-pylons, the headsculpt...just brilliant.

3: Beast Wars Scavenger.

Sure, his "vehicle" mode kinda looks daft and he's a kibble monster in robot mode, but...I dunno, he has this certain feel about him. His robot mode is monstrous and imposing, with the kibble legs actually making his silhouette even more menacing, and his robotic fire-ant mode is just terrifying!

2: ROTF Bludgeon.

He's a skeleton samurai tank. Enough said. He gets even better with the Headrobots upgrade kit.

1: Car Robots Gigatron/RID2001 Megatron.

Words fail me to describe what a thing of beauty Gigatron is. Between that sexy, sexy purple and black colourscheme, the red bits glowing under the light like some sort of demonic furnace, the airbrushed chrome chestplate, and that GLORIOUS headsculpt, he is, in my opinion, the best looking Transformer ever. And that's not even touching on his alternate modes, almost all of which look fantastic.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750443)
Posted by Ouch on December 26th, 2015 @ 12:54pm CST
I may be blasphemous to put Bay movie figs in here, but I think that RotF Brawn and Recon Ironhide ( I think you could make a case for more than one movie Ironhide ) deserve at least a mention.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750447)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 26th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CST
Ew no. I count Roadbuster as one of the most blandest awful Generations figures ever made (bought mine cheap then sold it soon after after I realised it was pretty much clown-footed junk). And I still find that Nemesis Prime figure beyond goofy. And as much as I have a fondness for Powermaster Prime and still own it, the proportions make him look anything but badass (overly large head and skinny short arms). I'll agree with Masterpiece Grimlock (one of the few in that line to be almost worthy of the Masterpiece name) but then he's Grimlock. But loses points anytime someone puts those silly Season 3 accessories on him.

Some version of movie Ironhide should be in here whether it's the large Leader Class figure or the weapon heavy recon voyager. He's just one of the most badass looking Transformers, particularly for an Autobot.

Just about any version of the RotF Optimus Prime mold, extra points for Striker version.

And as mentioned RotF Bludgeon (with or without the Headrobots upgrade, mine has it) He's an undead samurai and a tank and looks great in both modes.

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750449)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on December 26th, 2015 @ 1:55pm CST
RotF Lockdown comes to mind.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750450)
Posted by megatronus on December 26th, 2015 @ 2:03pm CST
I like your choices! :KREMZEEK:

Onslaught might be my favorite Classics/Genererations-style figure EVER. He holds up remarkably well to time, and is, in a word, BAD-ASS.

But, the US iteration of the mold might be the worst. You must consider the Henkei-era Japanese 'USA Edition' version:

Also, don't forget about Botcon 2010 box set exclusive Clench, who has an amazingly badass headsculpt to match that bruiser of a body:

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750451)
Posted by shajaki on December 26th, 2015 @ 2:06pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I count Roadbuster as one of the most blandest awful Generations figures ever made (bought mine cheap then sold it soon after after I realised it was pretty much clown-footed junk).
I was of the same opinion as you before having him in hand, but did a total 180 after the fact. So, different strokes my friend :)^

Great list, but I gotta toss a beasty into the mix:

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750452)
Posted by megatronus on December 26th, 2015 @ 2:07pm CST
Also... honorable mention, TF:Prime Skyquake & Dreadwing (with SXS gatling guns):

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750457)
Posted by Burn on December 26th, 2015 @ 3:43pm CST
Oh so it's all about visors and big weapons? And Stalker is left out AGAIN?

Typical. >:oP
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750467)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2015 @ 5:48pm CST
Not a toy, but:

...nuff said.
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750469)
Posted by Optimutt on December 26th, 2015 @ 6:05pm CST
Very nice list!

I like the love that that Onslaught and Roadbuster got. And, if we're talking big/hosts of guns, I've also got to mention Generations Skids.

Transformers Generations Skids Gallery
Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750474)
Posted by MisterNewUzer on December 26th, 2015 @ 7:38pm CST
Nobody has said Animated Ultra Magnus yet? I'm shocked, I mean look at all of these guns! And this pic has 2 that haven't even deployed yet!

And by extension, the Roadbuster repaint, WITH the replacement head! Roadbuster NEEDS many guns, and this toy has them in spades!

Re: Top 5 Most Badass Looking Transformers Toys (1750484)
Posted by william-james88 on December 26th, 2015 @ 9:19pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote:Nice list! Have to agree about Universe Nemesis Prime; he's definitely on my want list once I have more space.

If I may, I'd like to suggest my own list:

By all means, that is always what I am hoping for :)

1: Car Robots Gigatron/RID2001 Megatron.

I also agree that he is one of the most beautiful toys I have in my collection. But more glorious and regal than badass, kinda like Cybertron/Galaxy Force Scourge/Flame Convoy.
I am not as big a fan as you are on his alt modes though. That one headed dragon, ship, racecar, and mammoth mode are all kinda iffy for me. I do like the Bat and Griffon mode for some reason and I LOVE the hand mode (which I seem to be minority for some reason, come on guys that mode is awesome!).

fenrir72 wrote:Black Convoy

Which one, Scourge? And while Black deco'd prime are badass, I didnt want to overflood the list so I went with the one I found to work best (the blood soaked tusks go a long way) ;)

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I agree about the movie Brawn figure too. I regret selling mine a few years back and I'm gonna get another or his redeco (Fallback was it?)

Get movie Brawn instead, the Fallback redeco doesnt work as well. It tried to be classics but just doesnt fit and the deco scheme kinda blows. I really like that headsculpt (reminds me of the Killzone games) but his goat legs kill the look for me a bit.

shajaki wrote:
Great list, but I gotta toss a beasty into the mix:

That is GORGEOUS!

Burn wrote:Oh so it's all about visors and big weapons? And Stalker is left out AGAIN?

It is hard to look badass in those colours :lol:

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Don't cut yourself short, he was on my (rather big) shortlist. While his toy has its faults, it has a great deco going for him and a killer headsculpt.

Transformers Titanium Series The Fallen Gallery

Transformers Titanium Series The Fallen Gallery

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "HERO MASHERS TRANSFORMERS - AUTO BOT RODIMUS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Steeljaw Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise One-Step; AOE, 1-Step" on EBAY
Buy "Fireburst Optimus Prime TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon Complete DOTM Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dinobot Slug Super Hero Mashers Mashems Action Figure Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME T-Rex BROKEN dinobot TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots 4.5-in RESCAN Roar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Scorn" on EBAY