Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line

Transformers News: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line

Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 8:12AM CDT

Categories: Site Articles, Editorials, Top Lists
Posted by: DecepticonFinishline   Views: 27,496

Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor, or a guest like this week's DecepticonFinishline. These are personal opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line

This list continues our theme of toys we would like to see in the generations line, you can find the previous list here.

Multiverse Transformers Characters: It’s hard to define exactly what we’re going for here. I was inspired by figures like Reveal the Shield Lugnut, Revenge of the Fallen Lockdown and Animated Blackout. We were going to exclude G1 characters (because you can’t be “NEO”-G1 if you’re already G1); then we weren’t sure because the original G1 continuity includes Beast Wars/Beast Machines, and I kinda wanted to put Beast Machines Thrust on the list. But including BW/BM on the list mucks it up even more. SO. We decided on characters that appear in universes apart from the original G1 continuity. -Basically, anything except 1980s-G1-Cartoon, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines.

5. Robots in Disguise (2015) Thunderhoof

RiD (2015): The sequel series to my favorite Transformers cartoon (Transformers Prime). When the designs started to show up, I was a bit disappointed- but I understood. It took the Aligned Continuity and altered to appeal to a younger audience. I was going to skip on the whole line, but then I watched a video review for Thunderhoof

What a COOL FREAKING toy! There were a ton of cool Decepticons. Many of which didn’t even get the toy that they deserved (*cough cough but-actually-speaks-loudly-and-clearly* SABERHORN AND GLOWSTRIKE cough*). Thunderhoof stands above the rest, though. Not only for having a satisfying transformation, but because of his altmode. The fact that there hasn’t been a tractor Transformer to this point is absolutely daft. I’d even love to see him in the make-everyone-a-combiner craze. I’ll give you his team later in the list.

4. Armada Sideways

Armada Sideways is kinda like the Darkrai or Beelzemon of Transformers: Super overrated and edgy, but still objectively kinda cool. There have been some unique opportunities, recently, to bring Sideways into the Neo-G1 fold, too.

In Transformers Armada, he operates similar to a Headmaster. We could have gotten a Special Edition (similar to the likes of Arcee/Grotusque) that uses the Groove mold with a remolded chest capable of Titan Masters. AND he would have come with two Titan Masters. Motorbike alt modes aren’t SUPER rare, and there have been some decent opportunities to introduce this important character to the greater part of the Transformers multiverse. I love the Cybertron version of Sideways, as well; while I would settle for

3. Armada Demolisher

There are a lot of Armada characters that I’d love to see in the Neo-G1 fold. ESPECIALLY characters that have specific-full minicon teams attached to them. For example: I’d love to see Armada Jetfire as a Voyager combiner with Comettor and the Space Mini-con team as the gestalt named Requiem. Same with Starscream and the Race Mini-cons as the gestalt Skyboom.

Something similar could have happened with Demolisher. There is a mockup that exists with Demolisher’s head on the Onslaught mold. While the idea of Deluxe-limb-versions of Wreckage and Knockout excite me a little bit more than Demolisher-with-an-Onslaught-body, I would love to see Demolisher crossover into Neo-G1 toys. I would just prefer to see him in an alt-mode a little more true to his strange-and-stubby Armada-proportions.

2. Movie Blackout

This character is one the characters that inspired this list to start with. Blackout, a movie character, crossed over into Transformers Animated fiction AND managed to get a toy out of the deal. How. Freaking. Cool. Is. That?

Blackout is the (second-)most iconic Decepticon in the whole movieverse. Fans love seeing new Blackout toys because his altmode is badass. The craziest part of this is that it could have been done relatively easily already. Let me explain: The most underutilized and underrated mold of the last ten years is the Reveal the Shield Lugnut mold. Not only could you replace the arms and shoulders to make a Neo-G1 Blackout, but that Blackout remold could have been taken to make a Movie(2007-Videogame)+Animated+G1-inspired version of Shockwave. Instead, the Lugnut mold was used once.

I’d love to see all three of the aforementioned characters as remolds of each other in a Voyager-combiner form (could you tell that I like combiners?). Shockwave w/ Deluxe Insecticon limbs; Lugnut w/ Lockdown, Thunderhoof, Oil Slick and Knock Out; and, most importantly, Blackout w/ Barricade, Stinger, Stockade and fourth member. (Or maybe Barricade + the Dreads? Definitely Barricade, though.)

Or just a new, non-combiner, badass assault helicopter. Whatever. I just want a Generations Blackout.

1. Knock Out

I mentioned on this list, already, that Transformers Prime is my favorite of the cartoons. A lot of the characters DO already of G1 counterparts. And, there IS a G1 toy with the name “Knockout;” one word. But, he’s no Knock Out, so who cares.

While, if I had met someone like Knock Out in real life, I would straight-up hate that person, something about the character in Transformers Prime is still relatable. I know that he has been appearing in some of the comics recently. You’ll notice exactly zero Comic-characters on my list. I have nothing against the comics, but I just don’t know anything about them. So I don’t really understand Knock Out’s role in the comics in relation to being Neo-G1.

What I do know is that his TFPrime incarnation is not quite close enough to the G1 aesthetic for me consider it Neo-G1. It’s close. Just not quite there. That is the main reason Knock Out is here as my number 1. It would be an easy transition to Neo-G1; he has a role in the comics; he is a fan-favorite; he isn’t directly battling any existing G1 character for naming rights.

Honorable Mention: Bulkhead:

You’ll notice my whole list is Decepticons. And a lot of the characters on my list have requests built-in for even more Decepticons. That is because a lot of “Multiverse” characters re-use G1 character names. Which is a result of TOO MANY DAMN AUTOBOTS. However, Prime/Animated Bulkhead is worthy of a Neo-G1 incarnation. He was a main player in Animated AND Transformers Prime. He is also (obviously) the inspiration for the movie version of Hound. It took me a while to warm up to his character. But I have, now, and I want to see a Generations release of this character. He has earned it.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962813)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 3rd, 2018 @ 8:30am CDT
Great list will :-), and a lot of points I agree with. I know there is some i would add to the list but i can't pull any names from my head at the moment. Wait.. you'll laugh at this but I would like to see Jet Storm again, I mean we got Tankor...so I want the wisecracking jet vehicon who sounds like a quizmaster tormenting his prey.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962814)
Posted by TFanPage101 on June 3rd, 2018 @ 8:31am CDT
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962815)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 3rd, 2018 @ 8:45am CDT
ToxicSmoke wrote:Armada Sideways, Armada Demolisher, and Prime Knock Out would be cool, but I would like to see them finally do Prime Insecticon or something we never really got. Kinda like Crowbar with the Studio Series line.

didn't he have a cyberverse commander re-issued in several colors?
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 3rd, 2018 @ 8:50am CDT
Well, here's my top five that I'd really want remade into the Generations line. AND NO COMBINER GIMMICK. ENOUGH ELREADY. :BOOM: I want to get back to the Universe/HFTD/RTS times when the bots were re-interpretations of the classic characters, not "budjet masterpieces". And no intrusive gimmick like the Combiner Wars or Headmasters. It's fine for characters that were originally combiners or headmasters, but it's a bit daff for those who were not.

So here's what I want for Universe style Generations figures:

#1) Pretender Crossblades:
As a concept, Crossblades is brilliant. A military dude that change into a copter. But that copter mode was totally daff:
I'd like a deluxe version of him, like they did for Thunderwing. It could be neat. Speaking of which, a deluxe version of Bludgeon would also be great but he's only an honorable mention because he's been remade enough times already.

#2 Prime Airachnid:
Keeping with the copter love, Airachnid deserves a better toy than what she had in Prime.
She'd need to be a proper triple changer and a voyager. A small-ish voyager to be exact, like Studio Series Optimus. She need her great copter mode, a proper sexy-menacing and articulated bot mode, and a creepy-cool-disgusting centaur-spider mode. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

#3 Armada Demolishor
Can't disagree with this one. Armada Demolishor is one of the best Armada character and need some Generations love. A deluxe would be enough.

#4 Reflector
I know they did a convention exclusive with a camera fan mode, but it's not enough. I'd want them to make Reflector as 3 separate SCOUT (legend) figures. Each would follow their original TOY design in bot mode (shocking!). Each would be triple changers like Battletrap. Each would have a different vehicle mode and each would combine into a camera. Even if the camera mode suffer and look good only from the front, it would be awesome.

#5 Armada Tidal Wave
BRING BACK THE SUPREME CLASS! I could even settle for a leader. Tidal Wave should only have one mode, that of a proper destroyer battleship. It would be freaking cool and that altmode don't have enough love in Transformers. Plus it would be really apropriate for the character. They could work in a 3rd spaceship mode, but it should not compromise the battle ship mode. I really want that.

Honnorable mention: Apeface and Snapdragon. They need to be at least voyagers and accurate like Titan Return. However, it's not in the spirit of my list and I'd rather have them made for the MP line.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962817)
Posted by AFTRHR on June 3rd, 2018 @ 9:02am CDT
And here I am waiting for Hasbro to do something with the cool designs from the Transformers Universe MOTA game.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962819)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 3rd, 2018 @ 9:11am CDT
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962820)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 3rd, 2018 @ 9:16am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Sorry kanra but tidal wave needs bigger than supreme...which I'm glad they did away with as with titan class it is superfluous. So yeah, tidal wave for titan class ;-) I think everyone would agree on its awesomeness. I mean hasbro is going to need more ideas on what to do for the class size...

I don't know about titan. It's cool and all, but there's like, NO ROOM anymore. Plus the Titan slot is already reserved for Omega Supreme and Scorponok. Before seeing Tidal Wave, it will take a loooooooooooooooooong while. But If they did make him titan, he should be as close to his original Armada design as possible. But this time, with proper articulations.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962826)
Posted by Bucky on June 3rd, 2018 @ 10:34am CDT
Pretty great list, once again. I really love trying to form my top fives in my head, before reading, and seeing how they match up. I think Knock Out is a fantastic choice, and while I’m not a big fan of the Armada series, I think Armada Demolisher would be a good one. Bulkhead is always a favorite.

So, excluding anything Beast Wars, which is where my mind instinctive went, and assuming characters who only exist as toys are still part of the multiverse, I’d love it if they did something with Hailstorm and Mindset. That’s still one of my favorite molds, and neither one has had another figure. Another character who has never made it into any animated series, movie, or comic is Terradive. He’s a great figure, and I could easily see him as a Tetrajet.

One of my favorite TF villains, right along side Thunderwing, but who hardly ever gets any play outside of the Marvel US and UK comics, is Straxus. His Generations toy is still amazing, and it’d be really interesting to see what they’d do with a Cybertrian alt mode for him.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962828)
Posted by Logsters65 on June 3rd, 2018 @ 10:46am CDT
I disagree with the blackout choice for the sole reason of how good the studio series one looks, would still be cool to see how a Generations ified blackout would look
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962829)
Posted by Terrsolpix on June 3rd, 2018 @ 11:03am CDT
I agree with the list but for some stupid reason I want a chug Nitro Zeus :lol:
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962830)
Posted by Seril on June 3rd, 2018 @ 11:07am CDT
This is the exact reason I have figures from most every line in my 'Neo G1' display. I would agree all the characters here (Demolisher, Blackout, Sideways, Bulkhead) do deserve a new 'Classics' type figure. Until then though I have my Armada, Energon, Cybertron, some Prime, and some of the newer Robots in disguise figures mixed in already. Even a few movie figures as well. I was thrilled when Lugnut and Lockdown got a Reveal the shield figure. Personally I say bring in all these new characters to the larger universe. I'd even love to see 'Classics' Rescue bots.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962833)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 3rd, 2018 @ 12:25pm CDT
Oh! I would like to see generations versions of movie verse characters (even if they were toy only) like Wreckage, skystalker and stockade.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962836)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:01pm CDT
Too many damn autobots is right! There were, what 5 main cons in G1? The main con cast desperately needed expanding, which is why these characters exist in the first place. So yeah, seeing them in more G1 stories and toylines would be fantastic!
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962837)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:06pm CDT
Interesting topic. Only one I don't agree with is Bulkhead. I really liked his character in Animated but the Prime version was a generic tough bot with an annoying voice. I really hate his head design. The no nose and big chin thing make him lol like something from a Pixar movie not a Cybertronian.

Given that the War For Cybertron games were originally designed with G1 in mind, I've no problem counting Demolished as neo G1 and the Armada toy still holds up.

Technically Sideways did get a G1 incarnation in Robotmasters as Double Face is supposed to be him.

The TFWiki lists most of the repurposes of recent years including obscure collector's club comic references such as Movie Wreckage being repurposed as G1 Reckage and Armada Predacon as G1 Preditron.

Quite a few Unicron Trilogy characters cameod in the alternate reality in More than Meets the Eye which to me makes them neo G1.

I grew up on G1 and that will always be my first loyalty but I do find something to enjoy in every series and I'm always glad to see characters from modern series repurposed into G1.

I was delighted that Last Knight Barricade's deluxe toy has been repurposed as his G1 self as it meant I could finally add him to my G1 focussed collection with the 1 step toy as I try and scale everything close to the Diaclone Autobot cars.

But I'm waffling. So my top 5 would be...

Energon Prowl.

I just want a scout size version.

Armada Sideswipe.

I did customise Legend Groove as Sideswipe and his Decepticon repaint Treadshot which I felt worked quite well with the motorcycle altmode homaging their Mini-con.

I would like to see Power of the Primes Windcharger retooled and repainted as Sideswipe and his various repaints.

Energon Checkpoint.

Either as himself or we finally get a series where Prowl becomes a Prime and they repurpose Checkpoint as him.

Animated Prowl.

What G1 Prowl should have been except for the annoying shades. I did repaint legend Groove as his G1 incarnation.

Prime Smokescreen.

He's Hot Rod in everything but name and colour scheme. I customised an oversized ko of legend Hot Rod as him. He's my favourite Autobot in Prime and I want him in G1.

Honourable mentions:

RID Steeljaw
Animated Slipstream
RID Spychangers including Ox/Ironhide
RID Prowl
Terrorsaur
BW Inferno
BW Silverbolt
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962841)
Posted by Black Hat on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:37pm CDT
Armada Demolishor and Sideways, definitely. In fact the vast majority of Armada's designs would be cool in Generations- especially an Armada Prime that did the trailer super robot thing.

Other ones I'd like to put forward...

>Nitro Zeus, albeit more so that he could get "canonized" in more fiction. What a legend.
>Cybertron Thunderblast, as her old toy is quite expensive and also not very good, and she's also a childhood crush.
>Airahnid, because she deserves better than the trainwreck she got.
>RID Slapper, Dark Scream and Gas Skunk, even if only so poor Sky-Byte doesn't get lonely.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962842)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:38pm CDT
61app7SY6-L._SL1000_.jpg
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962844)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:47pm CDT
It is a downright shame we never got that toy, but I'd like to think if animated hadn't been cancelled, we would have got other fun toys as well.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962845)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:48pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:well for one we already have an animated blackout that never got released which i thought would have ended up being released later somtime
61app7SY6-L._SL1000_.jpg

Yeah, THAT one... Sigh... I don't want to pay 400$ for it.
I mean, holy SHIT.
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962847)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:55pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
61app7SY6-L._SL1000_.jpg

Yeah, THAT one... Sigh... I don't want to pay 400$ for it.
I mean, holy ****.

I know right! hopefully someday it will come out of limbo and get released soon somehow
Re: Top 5 Multiverse Characters We Want to See in the Generations Line (1962850)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 3rd, 2018 @ 2:09pm CDT
Sweet talk Taraka into releasing it as an encore?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Novastar Nova Star MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Nova Prime TFCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron M-01 Shining OP Model Kit Clear Dark Blue" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Airport Blastoff Blades" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers - Evac Statue 12" Statue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers scramble city Combined soldier Bule Ticus Combaton D-69 from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universal Studios Exclusive Evac" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition CLIFFJUMPER Deluxe Figure Complete PLS READ!" on EBAY