Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available!

Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available!

Saturday, February 14th, 2009 7:06pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Company News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 67,020

Seibertron just uploaded all of the official images received from Toy Fair 2009 for multiple Transformers lines. From TF Animated to Revenge of the Fallen, the latest figures to be released are featured.

Revenge of the Fallen

TF Animated

Universe 2.0

Transformers RPM

Official Product images Now Available!

And thats not all Seibertronians. There are even more images available for your viewing pleasure, to see them, just click here.

The only Tranformers figures that were actually on display at Toy Fair 2009 were Revenge of the Fallen models. Sorry kids, no Animated or Universe 2.0 to be seen. Seibertron also wanted you to know that he's currently working on even more galleries from the exhibit and will have those up soon.

We'll keep you up to date on all the happenings of Toy Fair 09, right here on Seibertron.com, you're number one Transformers resource.

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 14th, 2009 7:19pm CST

Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884343)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 14th, 2009 @ 7:16pm CST
[list=]http://www.seibertron.com/images/events/103/r_transformers010.jpg

Never saw the resemblance of Battlestar Galactica's Vipers until now

Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884355)
Posted by Bumblethumper on February 14th, 2009 @ 7:55pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:
Bumblethumper wrote:
NotEnoughKibble wrote:For anyone's wallet that was starting to sweat, this should pump some life back into it: According to an article on the allspark website, the big ass combining Devy is Voltron-like...without individual transforming bots. There will be separate individual transforming toys for the constucticons as well, but they won't combine.

Translation: Friggin' lame! Pass. Move on, nothing to see here. Sorry gestalt fans, better luck next time.

Uber-Fail

I hate to use the F word, but I'm really sick of Hasbro's defeatist attitude when it comes to gestalts. "We can't do it".

That just kills virtually all interest I had in Devastator. What's wrong with them. They're even lame enough to blame it on the economy. Sorry Hasbro, excuses are for losers.

This should've been the one kick-ass toy to rule them all. If they'd actually gone for it and pulled it off, it'd be just the thing to make everyone forget about the whole stupid financiapocolypse.

I dunno, maybe I'm overreacting, but considering it's their most expensive combiner ever you don't expect them to take the cop-out route.

Tformers even has pictures of the two devastators, the lame stand-up version and the 2-feet "Voltron" version, as well as some of the constructicons:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 83&start=0

The difference between the non-transforming Rampage (brrr.... that's not a constructicon name...) and the transforming one is clear.

Both versions are the lame version. There's the expensive lame version that could've been cool and the even lamer version that was always intended to be lame.

For all the compromises in $100 devestator, neither bot nor alt modes are good.

At any rate, there's gotta be some consolation. Maybe there'll be legends Constructicons. And if the voyager and deluxe transforming constructicons don't combine, I'm sure kit-bashers will find a way to make it work.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884358)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on February 14th, 2009 @ 8:05pm CST
I love Animated Arcee. I was hoping Hasbro wouldn't re-paint Soundwave into Soundblaster as I've already done it, but I will have to buy him only for Ratbat. Movie Devastator is "meh" to me at this point. Some of the G1 Gestalts appeal more to me than this guy. Thanks for the photos though Ryan.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884366)
Posted by Sledge on February 14th, 2009 @ 8:26pm CST
Supreme Convoy wrote:Image

Never saw the resemblance of Battlestar Galactica's Vipers until now

If someone could make a handheld weapon that became a vertical tail fin for the jet mode, that would be sweet.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884374)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 14th, 2009 @ 8:45pm CST
I'm gonna be honest, I'm interested in the combining Devastator.
I won't be buying the transforming figures for two reasons. 1.) Really out of scale, 2.) They're ugly as sin.

I don't like that they don't combine, except for the Zordistator, (and even then it's just the vehicle modes to combined robot) but apparently you can't have everything.

The pickins is slim this year. Not amused.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884380)
Posted by Skowl on February 14th, 2009 @ 8:50pm CST

Well, that confirms that Josh Nizzi's Long Haul concept will be in the movie.

Hell-Friggin'-Yeah!
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884387)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 14th, 2009 @ 9:01pm CST
All right. We're getting closer and closer to a G1 Arcee.

Though I would'nt be surprised if this is as far as we get.

Ratbat is Fail though. I can't see rebuying Soundwave for him.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884390)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on February 14th, 2009 @ 9:08pm CST
FINALLY we have a true Arcee...granted its TFU but hey we never got a G1 version

Frac we must get Soundwave again in order to get Ratbat
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884396)
Posted by shortround on February 14th, 2009 @ 9:37pm CST
I'm not sure about the constructicons from the movie line and devastator isn't what I was expecting. I like the animated stuff it look pretty cool can't wait to get my hands on the first proper looking arcee.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884402)
Posted by what0080 on February 14th, 2009 @ 9:45pm CST
My verdict:

I'm generally pleased about the closeness of the figures to their CG models (the ones we've seen so far...). I'm still excited for new Optimus Prime Leader-Class...

Devastator ver. 2:

[rant]

This represents a conflict of interest for me. While I like the toy design for Devastator and even some of the names (save for "Hightower/Hook" and "Rampage/Bonecrusher" [3 guesses as to which name I'll be calling them...]), the fact that I'll have to buy SEPERATE Voyager-class toys for individual robot modes is nothing short of stupid and insulting. Reps from Hasbro are quoted (from AllSpark) as saying that:

"Large toys aren't cost effective in today's economy, so if they do them they have to be strongly integrated into the fiction."

"Strongly integrated into the fiction" huh? Who fits that bill? Hm... Oh, I know:

DEVASTATOR!!!

If Hasbro wanted to make Devastator, they should've bit the bullet and made Devy w/ individual Robot modes. It would save us some greenbacks and make us happy simultaneously. Seriously, who's runnin Hasbro these days?

[/rant]

TFA Arcee:
IT'S ABOUT TIME... 'Nuff said.

To wrap it up:

- Leader-class OP still @ the top of my "must buy" list.
- Need soul searching to buy Devy...
- TFA Arcee is long overdue and should get the same treatment as Armada Unicron...

2009 won't be a bad year for our beloved Transformers.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884406)
Posted by dragons on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:01pm CST
i like twins they have an autobot symblo on there crothch faces look like theve beeen smashed ibn though.

could it be that hasbro has actually done something right thta we may get an actuall devastatr figure that forms in robot mode and into combiner mode he alos looks very top heavy if not positiond right he could fall over must buy for me ( icount 7 bots for him in combiner mode )?

i wander if the bots to form devastator will have bot modes or just the one with bnig wheel.

you think hasbro could do soemthing with bumblebee deluxe figure this time make him way he his except make it you can take off his & swithch it into battle mode it will save us on money & we wouldnt have to buy 2 of teh same figure with differnt heads

crap dang it im sold on the prime i like how he looks, thanks mega power bots loko like crap ill stick with the original

its funny how ultimate bumblebe is cheaper than devastator

whats with the universe series we allready seen all of them & most of them are in stores all ready.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884407)
Posted by Magnus Minor on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:09pm CST
ARCEE... SWORDS! SOUNDBLASTER... RATBAT? :D :APPLAUSE: :!: :?: :shock: :-B #-o
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884409)
Posted by JayDee on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:16pm CST

The Fallen, Jetfire, Megatron and other figures we've seen on leaked images, just because they weren't at this toy expo, it doesn't mean they don't exist as part of the line. So, I think the individual Constructicons we have not seen yet might be able to form Devastator.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884412)
Posted by Skowl on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:25pm CST
The official Transformers Collectors' Club website has been updated with new images of new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen figures.

Be sure to click on the "Transformers Main Movie line" or "Products for Younger Fans" to see the first images of some new ROTF toys in-packaging (including Demolisher & Rampage) as well as all-new Robot Heroes (including voice-changers, gravity-bots, and a "Battle for the Allspark" Multipack, showcasing the climactic action sequence from the end of the first film)

See them all by clicking here.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884419)
Posted by Firebird on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:39pm CST
Thanks for posting all the new pictures :D

Arcee - Awesome! I need her
Soundblaster - Awesome! Black repaint = Cool
Ratbat - Keytarriffic!!!
Devastator - meh, I thought these new angles would make it look better. But all I see is an upside down Powershovel with a cement mixer on top facing backwards, with 4 deluxe figures for limbs. He may look awesome in the movie but I don't think he will be in my collection. (2 Voyagers + 4 Deluxes =/= $100)
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884422)
Posted by Omega Charge on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:46pm CST
Let me say these are fantastic photos!

Seibertron's > all.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884427)
Posted by Kibble on February 14th, 2009 @ 10:58pm CST
JayDee wrote:I'm not jumping on the Devastator bashing wagon -yet. I will be disappointed if this is the only Devastator set, but I have not seen the rest of the Constructicons in their Voyager or Deluxe version, other than Demolishor and Rampage... and those two have the possibility to turn into parts of Devastator. I remember seeing one of the first Demolishor pics and the tracks can be placed at the shoulders, similar to what this vehicle-only Devastator counterpart does. And if you look closely to Deluxe Rampage, he has enough joints to easily be transformed into Devastator's left leg (and I think he has proper feet, just mistransformed.)

If that were the case it would render the set displayed rather pointless, no? What I don't understand is why Demolishor's "bot" mode blows so majorly when it's not even a compromise for the sake of forming Devastator...
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884429)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 14th, 2009 @ 11:15pm CST
Found this in the club email, which is how I went over there before hitting Seibertron today.

Thoughts based on what I see in the movie gallery there:

Demolishor: Likely pass for me. Great vehicle mode, but right now I'm pretty much "WTF?" about that robot mode. The problem I'm having is that he's pretty much going to stand on what should be his arms in robot mode, if I wanted to display him that way. Don't really like that much.

Breakaway: Pass only if this mold doesn't get a repaint somewhere down the line (which, knowing Hasbro, is likely). One of those figures where a good, solid-looking mold gets murdered by it's own deco to begin with, but gets fixed simply by falling victim to Hasbro's tendency to repaint.

Sideswipe: The difference between this figure and Breakaway is that while Sideswipe really should have been red to begin with, the deco isn't so god awful that I'd pass in the hope of the repaint I'd bet will come anyway.

Soundwave: Reminds me a bit of movie Megatron. Happy he's a triple-changer for the movie: not a big fan of him just having the satellite alt mode.

Rollbar: This is what Payload should have been.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884432)
Posted by Kuribohfett on February 14th, 2009 @ 11:30pm CST
So, let me get this straight, Devestator looks 100 percent cooler then he was in G1, and yet everyone hates it. Well, go figure.

I think everything shown today is freaking awesome, especially Rampage and Sideswipe. Those two designs rock. I mean, sure, there are a few things I won't buy, and there are quite a few things I don't really care for, but nothing sucked to me.

And BumbleSpud makes me rejoice.
Re: Toy Fair 2009: Official Product images now available! (884435)
Posted by D-340 on February 14th, 2009 @ 11:38pm CST
I really like Zordastator. I usually display my gestalts combined anyway, so while it's nice to have all the components with separate bot modes, it's really not a deal breaker to me. As long as the combined mode looks the way it should. I'm happy.

Breakaway rules, likin' all the deluxes really. A shame about Skids and Mudflap though, bot modes=win, faces=supermegafail.

Gonna grab some of those Gravity Bots for my son, he'll love those. And I love the new Robot Heroes.

Why do those crappy Robot Replicas still exist? They're hideous, and they were shelfwarmers the last go around. Big ol' pass for me.

Animated Arcee and Soundblaster=MEGAWIN! :grin:

Gonna be an expensive summer.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid SEALED CW G1 Generations Superion Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY