Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE

Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE

Saturday, February 13th, 2010 7:28pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 49,172

The figures to see this year at Toy Fair 2010 are definately the much-anticipated Power Core Combiners line. Seibertron has posted two youtube videos to whet your appetite while he finishes preparing the images that he has taken.

Each scout-sized figure, known as a Commander, comes with a mini-con that transforms into a robot, vehicle, weapon and armor for any Power Core Commander. The line so far consists of: Huffer with Mini-Con Caliburst, Smolder w/ Chopster, Searchlight w/ Backwind, Icepick w/Chainclaw, and Leadfooter w/Pinpoint. Also included are two 5-figure combiners, Bombshock who homages Bruticus and Skyblast who homages Superion. Any Commander can combine with the limbs and has one head for seperate play, and a different head while combined.

Check out these videos and check back soon for image updates!

UPDATE: Seibertron has now posted his galleries of these figures along with many many more. See them all here!

Credit(s): Hasbro, Toy Fair 2010

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 13th, 2010 11:37pm CST

Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046860)
Posted by Megazarak on February 13th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CST
I love these guys. I've always been a big fan of combiners. Can't wait for them to come out. Too bad I suppose that the 5-packs come with a scout figure and only 4 "drones" that transform into parts rather than robots à la Activators.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046861)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on February 13th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CST
Absolutely fantastic... I love the combiner ideas. The dual-blade heli is looking especially nice. Do we know when this series is expected to be released?
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046863)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 13th, 2010 @ 7:44pm CST
Thanks for sharing the videos.

As for the figures, there is nothing that I'm really excited about yet. Time will tell I suppose.

By the way, it is 'whet' not 'wet' your appetite. For whatever that's worth. ;)
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046868)
Posted by Mkall on February 13th, 2010 @ 7:52pm CST
Lapse Of Reason wrote:By the way, it is 'whet' not 'wet' your appetite. For whatever that's worth. ;)

I have no idea as to what type you are referring to :WHISTLE:
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046870)
Posted by bigwhitey21 on February 13th, 2010 @ 7:54pm CST
arrgghh! I am so bummed that #1 they are so small and #2 the limbs dont have bot modes. what i wouldnt give for classic styled combiners with at least voyager core with deluxe limbs or even better leader with voyager limbs =P~
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046876)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 13th, 2010 @ 8:03pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046894)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on February 13th, 2010 @ 8:45pm CST
Looks great. If you watch the vid on the ROTF legends figures, you here someone asking a representative if the 2 pack guys have alternates heads for combining with the limb and he says yes and shows him, in which the guys gets excited saying "check that out" or something of the nature. If you have 2 5 pack guys and several of the 2 packs then you already have quite a few combination possibilities.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046901)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 13th, 2010 @ 9:02pm CST
Mkall wrote:I have no idea as to what type you are referring to :WHISTLE:

Is "type" a typo for "typo"? ;)

I like the idea of these figures more than the execution. The red and blue knobs sticking out are an eyesore and I really don't like that transparent plastic. Plus the combined modes of the Bruticus and Superion dudes look terrible. But I'll probably cave and get them anyway!
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046914)
Posted by MegaSilver on February 13th, 2010 @ 9:18pm CST
I have been waiting for such combinations ever since I first fell for Transformers. And for the first time ever, my exact dreams have been finally met!

I can't wait!!!! Yahoo!! =P~

MegaSilver
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046917)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2010 @ 9:21pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I like what I'm seeing. At first I thought these Power Core guys were going to be under the movie-verse line but doesn't look like it from the packaging or the figures' apperance. Are they going to be part of the Universe line, the War for Cybertron line, or are they kinda just making these for the hell of it?
I think the ROTF line will eventually drop the "Revenge of the Fallen" subheading and evolve into two different sublines: one featuring Movie-related characters called "Hunt for the Decepticons", and another featuring new generic characters that is composed of these "Power Core Combiners".

Although, the figures that seem to belong with Classics/Universe toylines wil be in a different toyline called "Transformers: Generations".
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046929)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 13th, 2010 @ 9:34pm CST
All of these, SOLD! I must have them now! So awesome! SO SO SOOOOOO AWESOME! :PRAY: ;)^
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046940)
Posted by Ungie on February 13th, 2010 @ 10:05pm CST
I think its really neat the power core commanders also combine with those scouts sized 5 part combiner limbs too.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046962)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on February 13th, 2010 @ 10:56pm CST

Come on Hasbro get it right at some point :)
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046979)
Posted by T3c4x3r0 on February 13th, 2010 @ 11:53pm CST
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:I'm disappointed with the combiners. The limbs don't have robot modes. Will pass on those.

Come on Hasbro get it right at some point :)

Although it is disappointing not to have robot modes for the drones, maybe you should look at it from another perspective. The drones can combine with any Power Core Combiner "scout"(size I've seen mentioned) and beef them up, enhance they're robot mode. Also don't forget every "scout" has a separate head, just for the combination. AND the "minicons" make weapons, and "armor" for the figures. A lot of fun and playability IMHO.

Separate note, anyone seen a picture of the armor the "minicons" add yet?
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046988)
Posted by puttster3 on February 14th, 2010 @ 12:26am CST
Man, I am quite dissapointed with the combiners. The energon series are a much better looking quality in comparision to these. The only thing these have going for it is that some of them have 'hands', but even then its close to mediocre.

Comon Hasbro, dont cheap out by going down in quality please (unless its for saving up for some goodies we have been asking for, if so, please continue :grin: )
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1046998)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 14th, 2010 @ 1:01am CST
Hmm. This might just be a line I skip out on. It's interesting in concept, but I don't really see anything here that excites me. I suppose time will tell.

Same goes for the new scouts too, but I've mostly passed on those for ROTF as well.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1047006)
Posted by DavidT on February 14th, 2010 @ 1:38am CST
Power Core Combiners is a NO GO for me... Due to their hidiousness, I will have money for upcoming Encore, FansProject, and other badassery Transformers =)

Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1047023)
Posted by frogbat on February 14th, 2010 @ 2:47am CST
bruticus type dude doesn't look bad the superion one looks like a weedy nerd - the original wasn't that different tho (long skinny legs)

nothing much to get excited about - lookin forward to the generations stuff - one thing that's bothering me bout this range is the decepticon fire truck.. seems wrong or perhaps the ultimate disguise...
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1047029)
Posted by freaky777 on February 14th, 2010 @ 3:28am CST
At first I really wanted Bruticus and stuffs but the limbs do not have indvidual robot modes. So its a pass for me.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Power Core Combiners UPDATE (1047038)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 14th, 2010 @ 5:06am CST
Power Core Combiners is an absolute pass for me.

Yes, I do like the fact that they can combine in various ways.
Yes, I do like the idea of the spring loaded transformation.

But it's not enough. The figures are ugly, the combined modes are just awful and the drones not having robot modes is just icing on the cake of crap.

Hasbro did not win me over, here.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY