Thursday, January 28th, 2010 5:56pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 42,319

Thanks to the fine folks over at Transformers at the Moon, we have some nice coverage of the happenings at UK Toy Fair 2010.

Some of the highlights noted are a new Ultra Class figure for the continuation of the Universe line (which may go by another name) in a remake of G1 Minibot Seaspray! Also noted are the display of the newest Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class figures in Starscream and Bumblebee with the recently revealed, newest addition to the Transformers continuum War For Cybertron Optimus Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee.

Check out all the details by clicking here!

Credit(s): TF@TM

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 28th, 2010 7:04pm CST

Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041511)
Posted by Crossfire on January 28th, 2010 @ 6:14pm CST
Ultra class... seaspray?

Huh. That was unexpected.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041515)
Posted by guardianprime on January 28th, 2010 @ 6:22pm CST
Seaspray!? G2 Seaspray was one of my first transformers FFFFFF YEAH!!!!
cant wait to see pics

Ultra!? Ultra SeaSpray!? FFFFFFYEEEEAAAAHHHH

always hated how he only had one foot XD
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041518)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 28th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CST
If those A-Team figures are 3 3/4", I just might pick them up. Especially if they make classic versions that look more like the original actors.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041519)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on January 28th, 2010 @ 6:42pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041522)
Posted by Mkall on January 28th, 2010 @ 6:53pm CST
Boo Ya! Seaspray.

I cannot wait for pics.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041527)
Posted by LiKwid on January 28th, 2010 @ 7:01pm CST
Some kind of combiner - could have been power combiners, but looked to me more like it was built from Legends sized figures - and it was definitely not Devastator. One of the legs looked like a jet or shuttle of some kind. Could be a Legends Bruticus set? Was very lanky and with wiry limbs, but humanoid in shape.

OoooOOooo I'm starting to get into legends class figs and a legends Bruticus!?!? TeH Win!!!!
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041531)
Posted by --B-- on January 28th, 2010 @ 7:28pm CST

Oh well, Seiberton usually reports on everything and a few pics usually get released, so I will see the new TF's soon enough!
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041532)
Posted by Seibertron on January 28th, 2010 @ 7:32pm CST
--B-- wrote:Well, on the upside, I have my stuff all set up for Toyfair in NYC for Feb, on the downside, we never got to order from Hasbro last year, so we won't get an invite to the Hasbro site.

Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041537)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 28th, 2010 @ 7:48pm CST
Seibertron wrote:You bet you'll see the usual hundreds of photos posted on the night of February 13th. Plane ticket and hotel are already paid for ... just need to get there to take pics to share with all of you in two weeks.

Sweet! I know where I'll be getting my info.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041538)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 28th, 2010 @ 7:56pm CST
Just to give a general idea where the line is going in the next 11 months I'll post this.

Sorry DS Hasbro asked to remove that info before.

--Mkall

That's cool bro. It's my fault I missed the memo in the Staff Campaign Room. Muh Bad! Thanks for mopping up my mistakes though. BFFN!

--DS

Keep in mind this is in no way confirmed and I won't be front paging it because at this point it's only speculation

Could the continued Classics/Universe line be called Generations? Will video game characters be placed in this line as well?

EDIT:

Here's a few more tid-bits from our friends over at TFW. However at this time without pictures and, it coming from an unreliable source (as in not someone like s250 or our own Real Devi) it doesn't amount to a hill of beans worth of legit info; so take it with a fist full of peanuts.

* Seaspray is a boat with room for Scouts on his deck
* Revenge of the Fallen toy line name will be dropped from packaging, the line will be re-branded just as "Transformers"
* Power Core Combiners is a "Transformers" sub-line
* Power Core Combiners 2-packs and 5-packs can be combined together
* One of the Power Core 5-pack combiners is a new Bruticus!
* New Transformers RPMs molds including Drift
* RPM Bumblebee track set
* RPM Stealth Force - deluxe/voyager size vehicles with fold out weaponry. Doesn't sound like they transform.
* Transformers Animated may get 'phased' back into the UK in late 2010.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041543)
Posted by Blurrz on January 28th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CST
I hate these things without pictures..
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041545)
Posted by --B-- on January 28th, 2010 @ 8:23pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

We will be there Sunday, so I will get to check out the pics when I get home Sunday night. We plan on ordering from Hasbro this year, so hoepfully I will finally get to see the Hasbro site in 2011.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041576)
Posted by jgilkinson on January 28th, 2010 @ 11:03pm CST
I about wet myself hearing about a new Seaspray... he was one of my favs and the second figure i had. Great news and a must have
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041580)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 28th, 2010 @ 11:15pm CST
The new news Bruticus is kind of irritating, since I already got the recent Energon repaint. I can't imagine it'll top the FP upgrades .... even if it'll likely be cheaper. Still, why Bruticus again? Gotta wonder what it looks like.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041627)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 29th, 2010 @ 4:07am CST
like most people i would have liked an ultra warpath but still
i'm sure i'll get him
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041693)
Posted by heltskelt on January 29th, 2010 @ 9:57am CST
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I'm not as surprised w/the size of the figure, cosidering the Powerglide we got, but rather the choice. I didn't think Seaspray had such a fanbase...I would've chosen Warpath for an Ultra Class figure. I know we already got Legends Warpath, but I'd love to see a more intricate design & transformation for him. Still, I'll probably get Seaspray.

Hasbro has previously expressed a reluctance to have more than one tank character out. I guess Bludgeon got higher votes.
I'm glad they're giving some Minibots a better scaled representation. I was always bothered by puny Powerglide vs. the seekers... and Seaspray was just useless. But, Warpath, Cosmos, Beachcomber, and Brawn still have possibilities of getting a larger than Legends size rendition since Hound got both without being as popular as Bumblebee. This begs the question: where's my classics/universe/generations Jazz?!! Hasbro, get to it!!
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041703)
Posted by Prime Riblet on January 29th, 2010 @ 10:58am CST
I am with the crowd that believes Warpath would be a better choice for the Ultra Class. Seaspray is just not my cup of tea. One thing is for sure though; I just can't justify getting YET ANOTHER Bumblebee, and I kind of think it's silly to have a Leader Class version of him. It's good marketing of a known hot commodity, but wow I am sick of all the different versions of the Movie style BB.
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041719)
Posted by DMSL on January 29th, 2010 @ 12:20pm CST
Pictures?
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1041721)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 29th, 2010 @ 12:30pm CST
DMSL wrote:Pictures?

Not allowed. Industrial espionage, you know? ;)
Re: Toy Fair 2010 UK Coverage - Universe Seaspray, ROTF Leaders and War for Cybertron (1042463)
Posted by 009* on January 31st, 2010 @ 5:38pm CST
So when exactly is Leader Starscream coming out again? March?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY