Sunday, February 13th, 2011 3:28am CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 195,081

We now have over 100 official high quality product images of upcoming Transformer items ranging from Transformers: Dark of the Moon to the new Kre-O line! All the images have been uploaded to our galleries and can be viewed here!

First up Transformers: Dark of the Moon. A wide array of figures and products for the upcoming movie from role play items to the new Leader class figures.

Next up is Kre-O. The building brick system meets Transformers concept is being revisited in the innovative new Kre-O line! We have official images of Bumblebee (300 pieces), Starscream (300 pieces), and Optimus Prime. Additionally the sets will include mini figures known as Kreons, 28 to collect!

Earlier today we reported that one of this year's SDCC Hasbro exclusives would be a Transformer/GI Joe crossover set. We now have official images of the set that includes a Starscream deco GI Joe Striker with a flight suit clad Cobra Commander and Megatron pistol accessory. The set is sure to be a hot item at this year's San Diego Comic-con which is scheduled for July 21st through the 24th with a preview night on the 20th.

Last but not least Transformers: Prime! The figures are scheduled for release October 2011! Wave one to include Starscream, Bumblebee, and Arcee. Optimus Prime and Megatron to be released as an entertainment pack with the three kids and a DVD!

Be sure to check out all the offical images in the full gallery!

Credit(s): Seibertron.com

This article was last modified on Monday, February 14th, 2011 12:08am CST

Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181641)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 13th, 2011 @ 4:29am CST
The DOTM and Transformers: Prime toys just keep looking better to me! I can tell I'm about to get into a Transformers binge again because I've recently watched some G1, Beast Wars, Armada, the Movies, and the few episodes of Prime when they come on... and sadly I was even desperate enough to have watched the Transmorphers :BOOM:
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181651)
Posted by Xterminator on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:16am CST
Finally the DOTM is starting to look cool !

I have some key questions to the News Crew:

How tall is the new DOTM Ultimate OP (with and without armor) compared to ROTF Leader OP ?
What about the alternate mode ? Are the semi trucks of the same size, or is DOTM alternate-mode (truck only) smaller ?

How tall is DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime compared to ROTF Leader OP ? Are the alternate modes of DOTM Sentinel Prime and DOTM Ultimate Prime in the same scale ?

Is the new DOTM Leader Ironhide more or less in scale with the ROTF Human Alliance figures ?

Thanks for the info !
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181655)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:32am CST
lego prime looks better than both of those toy primes. how sad is that?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181682)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:59am CST
Looks like they put more though into the Kre-o formers than those BTR ones in Armada. I'll have to get them, even though Starscream got an ugly one. I think my DotM collection is going to be mostly the Cyberverse stuff. Cheap and I can get more characters into a smaller space. Was going to get voyager Ironhide, but Leader Ironhide looks far better and no giant mechtech gun. Gotta save up for ultra Prime I guess.

I could so get behind a true GI Joe/Transformers crossover line. By true, I mean my transformers partnered up with GI Joe figures. Not GI Joe characters transforming into GI Joe vehicles.

I'm glad there is some stuff revealed for me to be interested in, because most of DotM hasn't caught my attention.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181685)
Posted by SN95 Cobra R on February 13th, 2011 @ 8:08am CST
It seems like those movie figures have cleaned up a lot. My problem with the movies is that all the guys look like a huge pile of junk. Too many parts! I can't make out who or what stuff is in bot mode. I'm able to focus on these new ones it seems.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181690)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on February 13th, 2011 @ 8:38am CST
I have been very critical of the DOTM toyline since day one, the only one that really stood out to me was Shockwave, and maybe Ironhide. But now, I actually like some of the toys that I am seeing, really liking the leader Ironhide and Sentinel Prime. I actually like the look of Ultimate Optimus, but he could do without the armor, it looks like it really hinders his movement (like th Armada Prime) and adds a lot of unneccessary bulk to him, it's times like these I wish they had kept the Jetfire armor (which was bulky, but at least he could still move in it). Still coool that ol`Ops has his trailer back
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181704)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 13th, 2011 @ 9:32am CST
Some of this stuff looks pretty good. I really like the Cobra Commander, but mostly because of Top Gun, I'm a sucker for an F-14. I was hoping to see some new Generations or RTS items though. That Powerglide is awesome and a must have for me.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181715)
Posted by Mkall on February 13th, 2011 @ 10:23am CST
Powerglide, Skyhammer and most of the HA Basic Figures will be on my to-buy list.

I think this is a record of 1st wave movie figs that I have pledged to buy.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181740)
Posted by First-Aid on February 13th, 2011 @ 11:20am CST
It really is remarkable to see what good publicity pictures and people who actually know how to transform the figures properly can do. I am pleased with the results and am ery much looking forward to the lines to come. Faves have to be Sentinel Prime and the snowmobile figure...I really like the face of that snowmbile fig...reminds me a bit of Cybertron Sideways.

I REALLY need to get a job...I'm gonna need the money.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181747)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 13th, 2011 @ 11:45am CST
Skyhammer, Sentinel Prime and Leader Ironhide all look good. Leader BB just doesn't do it for me. I think the HA looks better. Speaking of, the Basic HA figures look pretty good. On the fence with the wreckers. Anyone know if Powerglide will have a larger class figure?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181762)
Posted by GEEWUN on February 13th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CST
Where are the mudflap toys. Look I knew mudflap was a shelfwarmer, but to create skids without his twin seems wrong to me. Either have both or none!!!!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181766)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on February 13th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CST
Where's that Powerglide everyone is talking about? I don't see it.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181774)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:Where's that Powerglide everyone is talking about? I don't see it.

I think it's this one

Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181779)
Posted by El Duque on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181794)
Posted by First-Aid on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:52pm CST
El Duque wrote:Can't believe none of you guys called me out on mislabeling this topic as Toy Fair 2001! Guess that's what happens when you post something at 3:30 in the morning. #-o

i just noticed it myself...I guess that's what happens when your drunk... 8)
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181816)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 13th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CST
That leader Ironhide is so awesome looking. I'm going to need a second job to get everything I want in these pics, which is just about everything.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181826)
Posted by Optimus1138 on February 13th, 2011 @ 3:57pm CST
I'm getting a real mixed reaction to these pictures. Some of these figures look great, whereas others look rather awful.

The Cyberverse figures and playsets seem pretty cool, although I won't be getting any.

I kind of like the Human Alliance Basics. I might get some, but I'm not sure.

The Kre-O Optimus looks quite good, and Bumblebee doesn't look bad either (Starscream does, though, mainly in robot mode). I am wondering, however, if these will be able to transform, or have to be dis- and reassembled like the BTR figures to change modes. I won't get any of these either, however.

Some of the deluxe figures look pretty good, like Crankcase. The new Skids mould looks pretty good too.I'm not entirely sure what I think of the Wreckers. Roadbuster looks okay, but a little bit bland in both modes, and not as heavily armed as I'd like. Topspin looks better. The robot mode looks pretty good, although I'm not a fan of the lime green. The vehicle mode looks great, but I really hope that all the weapons can either be removed or can fold into the vehicle, so he'll have a normal vehicle mode as well. Starscream doesn't look terrible, but not great either. I definitely won't be getting him, since I have the Leader figure. I sort of like some of Bumblebee's modifications in vehicle mode, but the robot mode looks terrible, with so many paint apps missing that should be there (I'm mainly talking about the lower legs).

I'm not sure about the Leader figures. I'm definitely not getting Bumblebee, but Ironhide looks pretty good. I may get him depending on how he looks with some of the other figures in terms of size, or I may wait for a red repaint (if we ever get one). Sentinel Prime looks great in robot mode, and his vehicle mode's not bad either. I really wish that they had made different decisions about which characters for whom to make Leader figures. The only one I would have given a Leader figure is Sentinel. Characters like Megatron and Shockwave (as well as several characters from the other movies) need Leader figures far more than characters who already have good figures that are reasonably sized. The Ratchet figure looks quite simplified, and I won't get it.

I definitely won't even consider getting Ultimate Prime unless they repaint it as Ultra Magnus and it goes on sale for an insanely low price, and even then I probably wouldn't get it.

Voyager Ironhide looks okay, but I really don't like the Mechtech weapon ports on the sides of the vehicle mode. They don't completely ruin it for me, but they look terrible. I still might get him if I decide against the Leader version. Megatron looks good, but I won't get him unless Hasbro tells us there will be no Leader figure of him for sure. Optimus, on the other hand, doesn't look very good at all. I kind of like his big un in robot mode, but that's about it. The vehicle mode's not very good, and it looks almost like he has solar panels on his hood. I'm liking Skyhammer, however. He doesn't look too movie styled, so I'm thinking I might get him and use him as Whirl in my Classics collection.

I was really hoping we'd get more news about Generations/Reveal the Shield. Oh well, we might still get some in the next few days.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181832)
Posted by WarGraver on February 13th, 2011 @ 4:07pm CST
There's not a single thing I want out of all of that. At least this gives me a chance to rebuild my savings.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181895)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:31pm CST
Cooler looking then in person as usual, I’m looking to get the wreckers, the legoformers because they have achieved what Bay could never have done on the Bee, and the HA scouts
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Official Product Images: DOTM, Prime, SDCC, Kre-O, and More! (1181902)
Posted by El Duque on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:42pm CST
Leader Bumblebee looks like he just finished a cycle. Guess he really is a muscle car.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY