Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise

Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise

Saturday, February 11th, 2012 7:25pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 78,931

Hasbro had an extensive display of the upcoming Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise main line at Toy Fair 2012. Most of these figures we've already seen from one source or another, however this is our first look at the new mold Robots in Disguise Voyager mold Bulkhead! We finally see the Voyager Starscream that was last seen in the prototype stages at last year's BotCon. The Deluxe Bumblebee repaint Hot Shot is revealed to have a movable visor. We also get looks at the new mold Deluxe Robots in Disguise Vehicon and Knock Out in their vehicle modes! Lastly we get a look at the Leader Class "Weaponizer" Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. Click here or the images below for the full gallery!

Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345935)
Posted by Gearslide on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:33pm CST
Holy Carp, Hotshot!

Ze Goggles, ze do everyzing!
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345940)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:37pm CST
And I like none of these. Especially that Prime and Bulkhead.

I take that back, the vehicon is okay and maybe screamer. Not sure yet on him.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345941)
Posted by Megazarak on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:40pm CST
I'm really liking Hot Shot!
Not really liking Bulkhead.
Not too sure about Knockout, I was really hoping he was gonna get a nice figure.
The Voyagers are just weird with their transluscent arms, if there was actually a reason, I'd be OK with it, but for a gimmick, not so much. Usually I'm OK with translusency (like with the Bot Shots or weapons once in a while), but not when it's such a sudden change between solid and it. With that said, I think Starscream looks alright, and the arms that much of a for him.

Also interesting to see a Transformers Prime game for 3DS (and for Wii).
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345943)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:43pm CST
The ones we've seen already all look good.

The rest? No so much. I don't understand why they couldn't just use the FE Bulkhead mold instead of make a new horrible one.

Also, WHERE IS SKYQUAKE?!?
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345945)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:46pm CST
my god. those voyagers are terrible. glad i got the first edition bulkhead and prime. the RID ones are total shit. but i do want megatron. the deluxes are pretty good. im getting arcee to fix my FE one and i want the drone, hotshot, knockout, wheeljack, soundwave and ratchet.
damn those are bad.. the only good voyager is megatron.but the deluxes are lookin good 8) cant wait to get hotshot. and you can tell that knock out is mistransformed along with a lot of others.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345946)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:46pm CST
Ah, so in TFP:RID, Arcee's breasts stay in place, and Starscream has the...um...chest articulation. My, how the screw has turned...someone into Slipstream a bit more easily?

Actually, since the weird-ass situation with the First Editions, I'm at a loss as to which figures will end up being rare enough that I'd feel bad about kitbashing them.

And too bad the Weaponizers appear to be even more ginormous than I'd first suspected. I'm guessing even Optimus won't really be in scale with anything.

And is there a FE Megatron Voyager different from the one here? I can't keep track anymore. I'm right across the border from Canada, but I just didn't know far enough in advance to save up me Christmas money...*sigh*

Still, shouldn't be so negative, as I'll end up buying the majority of these guys.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345947)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:46pm CST
Okay before I give my thoughts all I'm saying is that the one I'm going to buy out of all there figs? Is only Voyager Megs >.>...

1) Knockout : Lame. He doesnt look as tough as he is in Prime.

2) Arcee : Hate the blue colour nuff said.

3) Weaponizer Prime : WOW...That head is wayy too big -.-...He looks like a chibi(small in japanese) version of Optimus in Prime @_@>..

4) Weaponizer Bee : He looks quite good in packaging. But already saw the official picture to know that he have a huge backpack >.>...

5) Voyager SS : He looks decent. Still pass since I already have DX SS and SS design is just not my cup of tea. As if in the original CGI design.

6) Voyager Bulk : ....Head lacks detail,why is his hand HOLDING the wrecking ball isntead of the hand turns into the wrecking ball O.O...Hate the chest design and he seems to have some sort of mini-wing...Lame and pass.

Well I hoped for them to reveal Rumble,Airachnid,Dead End,Ironhide and Skyquake but meh I guess I have to wait sigh...
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345950)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Also, WHERE IS SKYQUAKE?!?

Good question. However, the first three waves have already had their case breakdowns mentioned. I'd say that by the time Skyquake is due, in whatever wave that might be, we'll find out about it around Botcon time.

They won't reveal all of their secrets at Toy Fair, so they have stuff left over for Botcon and then SDCC. We know a proto exists, though.

He'll most likely be Wave 4, I assume.

Knockout, on the other hand, I still believe is mistransformed. I'd really like to have the finished product, in hand, before I make a final decision.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345952)
Posted by Erailea on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:54pm CST
Is it bad that I saw Knockout and thought he was wearing a tutu?
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345958)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:59pm CST
So Hot Shot's goggles DO flip up! Now I must have him! :D
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345965)
Posted by craggy on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:12pm CST
yeah, Hot Shot is great. Voyager Screamer looks okay. Knock Out could be decent, I'm not sure. Bulkhead isn't terrible, but the FE one does look to be miles ahead. Ratchet looks kinda cool. The rest I've already seen and commented on plenty.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345969)
Posted by Turbobungle on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:18pm CST
This maks me think... how good would a first edition voyager Megatron have been.... sigh.. PS, these mainly look like shit.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345983)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:39pm CST
Hate most of it, like Hotshot's head, liked Starscream until I saw his translucent arms.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345984)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CST
bulkhead looks pretty good. glad i did not pay out the ass for a first edition
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1345988)
Posted by metaphorge on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CST
griftimus prime wrote:bulkhead looks pretty good. glad i did not pay out the ass for a first edition
Have you gotten your vision checked lately? :-B
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1346020)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:28pm CST
I agree with everyone about Hot Shot XD I love this guy! Now I sort of want to see him in TFP, and then EXPLAINING him, XD

May get Voyager Starscream. As much as a detractor as the clear arms and ankle kibble may be, He still looks okay otherwise, and I'm not holding my breath to find a FE at a price I would be okay with paying. I think I'll get the bigger one for less. :P

And a Prime game? Anyone know who's dev'ing it? I hadn't heard about this up till now. Wonder what it'll be like.

And *thumbs down* on the rest of the toys. :/ Probably not touching anything else, *sigh*
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1346030)
Posted by craggy on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CST
Voyager Megs I can accept with the clear bits, because he's all hopped up on Dark Energon like all the kids these days. Same for Skyquake, if they release that mold in those colours, with the bright pink clear bits, because, well...Skyquake. Other than that, I don't really like my TFs having Energon body parts. It's sort of like a human having an arm made of solid blood.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1346044)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:51pm CST
craggy wrote:It's sort of like a human having an arm made of solid blood.

:SICK:

That's a horrible mental image...
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1346047)
Posted by craggy on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:55pm CST
yep, and that's how Transformers would feel looking at those Powerizers.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (1346049)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CST
craggy wrote:yep, and that's how Transformers would feel looking at those Powerizers.

Fair enough. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY