Sunday, February 19th, 2017 6:00am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 42,827

A couple more galleries from New York Toy Fair 2017, as we reach the end of the various combinations of Transformers products that were on show by Hasbro - first up the miscellaneous catch-all gallery for the remainder with the apparel, clothing, statues and part-time mercenary who definitely belongs to our lore Death's Head II.

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie

Also included below, as is the case every year, is a small spotlight on the My Little Pony franchise - we know it's not Transformers, but we have a gallery for it anyway, given its multiple crossovers with Transformers, and it being the second big movie from Hasbro this year.

That's Liev Schreiber's character, right there.

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861136)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 19th, 2017 @ 6:59am CST
Pff... Death's Head II... get outta here. Love me some original Death's Head.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861296)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 19th, 2017 @ 6:02pm CST
I'm digging Tidal Wave but he should have been a Leader Class...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861339)
Posted by Burn on February 19th, 2017 @ 8:35pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Pff... Death's Head II... get outta here. Love me some original Death's Head.

Still better than Death's Head 3.0
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861452)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2017 @ 9:13am CST

Boba Fett? :-P
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861454)
Posted by Microraptor on February 20th, 2017 @ 9:27am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Boba Fett? :-P

Nah, Hound actually does stuff.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861501)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 20th, 2017 @ 2:26pm CST
Microraptor wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Boba Fett? :-P

Nah, Hound actually does stuff.

You take that back! Boba does stuff. You know, there was that time...with that thing...you know.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861513)
Posted by Va'al on February 20th, 2017 @ 3:15pm CST
We will have our own content and coverage of one of the other stragglers from Toy Fair New York 2017, but in the meantime, you can check out the write-up feature that Gizmodo did of the Winning Solutions Premium edition Transformers Monopoly! It's just a robot themed version of the traditional board game, but it does look as though it goes all out in doing so, take a look for yourselves below.

You can find a copy of Monopoly tailored to almost any interest, hobby, or pop culture property. The most popular board game in the world has been endlessly licensed, but this magnificent Transformers version from Winning Solutions raises the bar all the way to Cybertron.

Featuring original artwork inspired by the packaging of the ‘80s toy line, Transformers Monopoly replaces all of the game’s classic properties with Transformers characters. Where you’d normally find Park Place and Boardwalk, you’ll instead find Bumblebee and Optimus Prime as the game’s most valuable spots to buy up on the board. And players don’t Pass Go to collect $200, they instead “Roll Out.” Perfect.

Monopoly’s traditional houses and hotels are also gone in this version of the game. Players collect money to buy energon cubes instead which powers up the characters they’ve purchased to increase the ‘rent’ when other players land there.

Even the game’s money will have you wishing the US Mint created a similar design for the country’s official currency, with Autobot and Decepticon logos featured on each bill.

What really steals the show, though, are the game’s tokens. Hasbro recently reached out to the internet to help vote and decide what all the new tokens for the classic version of the game will look like. But had the options included Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Rodimus Prime, and the Allspark, which all come bundled with Transformers Monopoly, they would have easily swept the voting.

The game is a work of art, so Winning Solutions has designed the game board so that collectors can actually hang it on a wall if they want. Hinged aluminum panels surrounding the board can be folded in (or transformed) to cover everything except the Transformers artwork in the center. Is it a little over-the-top? Without a doubt. But when the game is finally available sometime around July 1 later this year, it’s going to come with a price tag somewhere around $500-$600, so the last thing you’d want to do is shove it back into a closet when you’re done playing.

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861521)
Posted by Overcracker on February 20th, 2017 @ 3:38pm CST
Very very nice.

Specially like the Grimlock and Megatron Tokens.

I guess its Hasbro's second most profitable character?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861533)
Posted by kurthy on February 20th, 2017 @ 4:31pm CST
LOL, Earth Taxes are a pain! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861536)
Posted by It Is Him on February 20th, 2017 @ 4:57pm CST
*throws Transformers Monopoly first edition in the trash*
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861553)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 20th, 2017 @ 5:59pm CST
Will they sell a version of the game with all the pieces, not attached to the table and NOT for $500+?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861555)
Posted by Burn on February 20th, 2017 @ 6:02pm CST
Overcracker wrote:But why oh why is Bumblebee the second most expensive and profitable space. Why not FortMax or even Metroplex. Why?!

Or Trypticon or Scorponok. It's so geared towards Autobots. :(
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861575)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 20th, 2017 @ 7:05pm CST
So now I have to buy yet another frickin version of monopoly.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861576)
Posted by Overcracker on February 20th, 2017 @ 7:10pm CST
Burn wrote:

Or Trypticon or Scorponok. It's so geared towards Autobots. :(

Anything would have been better than bumblebee.

But it seems its just slightly more autobot than decepticon spaces.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861609)
Posted by Bronzewolf on February 20th, 2017 @ 8:12pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861611)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2017 @ 8:14pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:$500-$600????? What are they thinking?! Why? Normally, really expensive versions of Monopoly have really obvious reasons as to why they are as expensive as they are (Gold, even diamond, inlays, gold pieces, etc) but even if the pieces are solid sterling silver, and the marker squares are some rare gem, I don't see how that warrants $5-600.

I had not paid attention to price until you said that.

Yeah, I'm gonna save the extra $200 and get Unicron lamp, thank you very much
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861612)
Posted by Bronzewolf on February 20th, 2017 @ 8:18pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I had not paid attention to price until you said that.

Yeah, I'm gonna save the extra $200 and get Unicron lamp, thank you very much

-implodes with unimaginable agreement-
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861658)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 20th, 2017 @ 10:41pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I had not paid attention to price until you said that.

Yeah, I'm gonna save the extra $200 and get Unicron lamp, thank you very much

-implodes with unimaginable agreement-

Well then. Duck that, I need to read better. This just became a huge bag of nope.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861662)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 20th, 2017 @ 10:45pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I had not paid attention to price until you said that.

Yeah, I'm gonna save the extra $200 and get Unicron lamp, thank you very much

-implodes with unimaginable agreement-

I'd be happy if I could get the tokens
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Miscellanous Transformers Gallery, Death's Head II, My Little Pony the Movie #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861686)
Posted by megatronus on February 21st, 2017 @ 12:24am CST
Bronzewolf wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I had not paid attention to price until you said that.

Yeah, I'm gonna save the extra $200 and get Unicron lamp, thank you very much

-implodes with unimaginable agreement-

We're looking at a solid aluminum, laser etched set that features art by Marcelo. This will likely be limited to 500ish units, and is also likely to be hand signed & numbered. They're really going high-end collector on this thing. The price reflects that.

Is the price steep? Yes, but is it unreasonable for what this is, and what WS charges for similar high-end sets? That's the question.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY