Saturday, February 18th, 2017 8:29pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,068

After the general catch-all gallery we posted just here, we've had time to sort the images out by type and line, so we can offer you a smoother viewing experience! And now it is time for Robots in Disguise. In one day, these toys have become really hot now that we know all these combiners have both Robot Modes and Alt Modes along with their combined forms. The gallery has Ultra Bee, Galvatronus and Menasor. There was also the next set of Legions out on display, like Cyclonus, and the upcoming Warrior Thermidore who has a new headsculpt.

Check them out below, and click on any image to view the full gallery!
Transformers News: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860909)
Posted by Kurona on February 18th, 2017 @ 8:30pm CST
... hmmm. Awesome-Battle-Mask Windblade or Headmaster-with-Awesome-Swords Windblade... :-?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860930)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 18th, 2017 @ 9:04pm CST
I'm glad Thermidor is coming out for those who like him. I'm gonna pass since I already have Bisk, but cool, and I have Windblade, so I'm passing on her as well.

Helps me save money for the combiners!!! I love the looks. Yeah, they may seem a bit shite, but they are kiddy and they are fun and they are simple, which is kinda the point and is the reason I love them.

Primestrong as a Crash combiner is really neat. The figure is fun and is one of my favorite desk toys, so if these guys can meet that standard, I am all set.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860958)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 18th, 2017 @ 9:26pm CST
Va'al wrote:I'm impressed by the fact that they have robot modes, however tiny and silly!

yeah silly! pretty much sums up the RID Combiner Force figures wouldnt want to get confused with the combiner wars style ;)
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860964)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 18th, 2017 @ 9:31pm CST
*images removed - no need to share and promote other sites*
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860984)
Posted by william-james88 on February 18th, 2017 @ 9:41pm CST
I concede to a point I was trying to make yesterday. These guys are gimicky, but cheaper than Combiner Wars toys and with those still fresh, it wouldnt make sense to just do it all over again, especially when similar characters are at play. So with the lower price point and cool look, I say why not. If kids want a more detailed Menasor, they can get it. I dont really like these much but I do adore the bigger bots in them. that Motormaster looks incredible with his stylized manner and I am really curious about the engineering on Grimlock. I cant believe he actually has a full on dino mode when we only see half the dino in combined mode. I might buy these just to see how it all works out. And hey, I like Power Ranger toys, these arent too different. And now I actually wonder if they are compatible with eachother. Like can you swtich limbs around, could be fun :-?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861097)
Posted by leokearon on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:31am CST

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861098)
Posted by Kurona on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:50am CST
Living in Ireland and having trouble finding Wave 10 of Robots in Disguise; containing new figures Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp? Well, look no further than Supermarket chain Tesco as fellow Seibertronian leokearon has spotted all three new figures alongside Windblade for the rather generous price of €8.40 each! Will this aid your search? Has anyone else found the illustrious new wave in their area? Let us know in the forums below!

leokearon wrote:Big news for Irish RID fans, Combiner Force Warror Class Soundwave, Blurr, Skywarp and Windblade are available in Tescos for only €8.40. I picked up Blurr and Soundwave last night.

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861119)
Posted by Va'al on February 19th, 2017 @ 4:50am CST
We ain't finished yet! After the galleries and official images of the products shown and revealed at Toy Fair 2017 in Javits Center, New York City, we now turn to more videos of the Hasbro Transformers section, ranging from The Last Knight to Robots in Disguise, via Rescue Bots and Titans Return!

First up below is a collection of clips introducing the new Combiner Force branch of the show and toyline for Robots in Disguise, along with turnarounds of Menasor and the Autobot combiner we know as Ultra Bee, plus a video look at the whole RID section of the Hasbro stalls - check them out!

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861135)
Posted by bluecatcinema on February 19th, 2017 @ 6:52am CST
Ultra Bee's sword has a very Drift-esque color scheme, doesn't it?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861144)
Posted by RAR on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:15am CST
I wonder if Bee's sword stores on his back like the Turnaround has it.

They re really small as Activator Combiners are only deluxe size and full combined they are not more than a timy bit taller than activator combiner bee in package next to them and he's well under 6" tall.

So I'd say the individual limb-bots are going to be not so far away in size from the crash combiners in size and the torsos are going to be scout size (roughly) in their robot modes.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861145)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:18am CST
Fellow Seibertronian ChuckDawg1999 has reviewed the latest One Step Bumblebee found under the Combiner Force subline of Robots in Disguise.

Here are his thoughts on it:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:As someone who collects One-Step changers I know, there's been a lot of Bumblebees, a lot. This version from the Combiner Force subline is different, the Transformation is fun and the robot mode feels solid. If you're looking for a fun desk toy then definitely give Bumblebee a look.

And here are his thoughts on the Optimus One-Step from the Combienr Force subline:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Surprisingly, Optimus Prime hasn't had that many appearances in the RID One-Step line. This version from the Combiner Force sub-line actually mimics the Warrior Class transformation somewhat, with the cab becoming the arms. Like all One-Step changers, Prime makes for a fun desk toy and is worth a purchase.

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861210)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CST
I saw somewhere on Twitter that the combiner sets are to be sold at the $29.99 price point, so the size works out, along with the simplicity. Really excited for these sets!
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861221)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:30pm CST
Sorry if I missed it, but did we get any info on the size of the combiners?

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861223)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but did we get any info on the size of the combiners?

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

Considering the Crash combiners about deluxe size, the 4/5 bot combiners appear to be about voyager height, but very bulky
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861225)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

By "Deluxe" do you mean Legends/Scout? :-?

Edit: I see what you are saying. Combined the Crashers are deluxe size. I see it now. :D
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861228)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:40pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

By "Deluxe" do you mean Legends/Scout? :-?

More like 'deluxe height'. Primestrong is about the height of my other deluxes present
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861229)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:40pm CST

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

Roughly voyager size. You can see them next to the activators, which are deluxe sized bots:

And man, am I the only one marvelling at this render. That truck mode just looks so stylish!

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861230)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CST
Yeah D, I see what you meant (edited last post to agree ;) )

and no Billy, you aren't the only one.

The trick to these is to keep expectations low, hope for the best, and except them for what they are. Primestrong is neat and fun, but I still think the price point is to high for what you get.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861238)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:09pm CST
Will, I love how that Motormaster truck makes for such broad shoulders on Menasor. Wide, silver, and mean!
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Photogallery #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861242)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CST
Do you guys think the samples shown are hand painted? They appear to have some nice apps. Hope the production runs look that good.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro MPM04 Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS SIDESWIPE ROADWAY RUNDOWN BUILDING TOY FOR AGES 6-12" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY