Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair

Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair

Sunday, February 19th, 2017 5:30am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 49,688

We ain't finished yet! After the galleries and official images of the products shown and revealed at Toy Fair 2017 in Javits Center, New York City, we now turn to more videos of the Hasbro Transformers section, ranging from The Last Knight to Robots in Disguise, via Rescue Bots and Titans Return!

The final clip comes from the Rescue Bots portion of the Hasbro stall, showing off the giant Optimus Prime race track, with OP himself becoming the launcher rig, the new Knight Bumblebee who turns into a dragon, and has dragon/weapon minicons (!), and some more new forms for the cast. Check it out below, and compare to our gallery here!

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861647)
Posted by RAR on February 20th, 2017 @ 10:22pm CST
Did Hasbro not release the official images of the Rescue Bots line then ?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861704)
Posted by Va'al on February 21st, 2017 @ 3:18am CST
RAR wrote:Did Hasbro not release the official images of the Rescue Bots line then ?

Not yet, but we're still getting some stuff through.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1862323)
Posted by RAR on February 23rd, 2017 @ 7:42am CST
I await the images with interest.

I also noticed something else curious since the show has ended they seem to have toned back the number of Human figures a lot - and the 2 they have made recently look very little like they do on the show.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1862325)
Posted by RAR on February 23rd, 2017 @ 7:50am CST
RescueBots Rescue Minicons including Sever are on The Entertainer Website now I notice.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1869544)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 26th, 2017 @ 8:59pm CDT
A new Rescue Bots figure has appeared at Walgreens in Danville, CA. TFW2005 user ahchu came across this Brushfire figure at their local store. It costs 13.99 at Walgreens however if as it gets released at other stores you may get lucky and find it for a lower price.

Want more awesome Rescue Bots? We have a gallery of all your favorites!

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1869822)
Posted by Deadput on March 27th, 2017 @ 4:34pm CDT
That's a cool looking Transformer...

Why can't we get guys that look just as cool in the main tv shows these days?

Oh yeah cause everything needs to be G1.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1869863)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2017 @ 7:10pm CDT
Deadput wrote:That's a cool looking Transformer...

Why can't we get guys that look just as cool in the main tv shows these days?

Oh yeah cause everything needs to be G1.
We got a ton of unique original-looking characters in the RID line. Even if it'll start bringing in some more familiar-looking dudes in the next season, some of them are still new-named characters.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1869882)
Posted by Deadput on March 27th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:That's a cool looking Transformer...

Why can't we get guys that look just as cool in the main tv shows these days?

Oh yeah cause everything needs to be G1.

Sure there are some cool original characters on the cons side but I'm mostly talking about Autobots since their the ones who are going to get most of the Screentime.

Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Jazz are pretty much copy and paste versions of the older characters just with new designs. (Not talking about personalities or their actions), Sideswipe while has a few newer things to the character like an actual noticeable personality compared to say G1 and Movie and the "hair" he still has a lot in common with the G1 character same thing with Grimlock he just has some newer colors and can talk in proper sentences compared to most previous show versions of the character but is still mostly not original.

Strongarm is pretty much a new character with an old name since she pretty much has nothing to do with previous versions of Strongarm and as a female Transformer with a mode that is not a car or motorcycle I like the character a lot in concept. (Nothing wrong with the character in the show besides being sometimes annoying but I still like the concept or her character more then the execution), Fixit same thing although you could compare him to say Wheelies and other "chatty" sidekick characters and I wouldn't call him cool anyways.

Drift and Windblade have never been in a Transformers cartoon before so I'm ok with them since their not overused characters like the classic team of Optimus,Bee,Ratchet,Big green guy,and more recently Arcee I also like how Windblade being in the show means we can actually somewhat avoid the horrible trope of "token female" I really hate that I would rather have no females at all then just one of them in existence.

For upcoming characters according to the Warrior toys who might not even appear we got Stormshot who as far as we know is just generic quippy Flying Autobot just by going by the design, Blastwave is a bit more interesting if we were going by his package art and not his straight repaint as Bludgeon but we never got Bludgeon in a show anyways and it's been a long time since we have had a tank Autobot so
it is refreshing, I'm looking forward to Blurr even if he is not original although I don't think he is the definition of "cool" going by his rescue bots depiction, Twinferno however is pretty darn cool and is pretty original if he appears in the show since the original never appeared in the American G1 cartoon and even if he did he would not be original.

I guess I just want someone who has a scuba face and is just oozing of "cool".
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1869929)
Posted by RAR on March 28th, 2017 @ 1:02am CDT
I keep lamenting this but I like the way the Rescue Minicons partner by colour with a larger robot - but I think it's a shame they didn't use the Playskool go bot style of should joints - as then they'd be able use their tools.

But Brushfire and Sequia are a cool pairing for sure.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1870020)
Posted by Rysquad on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:25pm CDT
My 2 year old is super into Rescue Bots now.

Some random thoughts -

- Still need to find Brushfire!

From Toy Fair -

Looks like the new flip racers will include more characters. I think I see Sideswipe.

or

Any idea who the truck will be (between jet Bumblebee and jet Chase)?

And is this a new Optimus "Primal" and Heatwave?

Other random thoughts -

Selfishly, I'd want these redecos/retools -

- Ratchet as a redeco of Rescan Medix
- Ultra Magnus and Sideswipe from the Optimus Prime/Blurr Racing Trailer set (of course, Sideswipe in red to mimic Powered Buggy from Diaclone Powered Convoy!)
- Strongarm as a redeco of the Chase police truck from the Rescue Claw trailer set or the rescan Chase SUV
- Arcee as a recedo of Rescan motorcycle Bumblebee
- Drift as a retool of Rescan Bumblebee/Quickshadow
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1870121)
Posted by RAR on March 28th, 2017 @ 9:26pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:My 2 year old is super into Rescue Bots now.

Some random thoughts -

1- Quickshadow is pretty stiff. Looks like she shares tooling with Bumblebee but there are times when she gets stuck with the legs out when transforming from robot to car.

2) - I'm a bit disappointed that the water cannons on from the recent fire station set (with Cody) don't use the same exact water cannons as say Fireplug. They're not interchangeable.

3) - Still need to find Brushfire!

From Toy Fair -

or

4) Image

5) Any idea who the truck will be (between jet Bumblebee and jet Chase)?

6) And is this a new Optimus "Primal" and Heatwave?

1) You may avoid any mechanism slippage by pulling her long ways rather than pulling the arms out.

2) I would like that Firestation if I had some where to put it - I would 100% have bought it by now if the Motorcycle that comes with it had Transformed though.

3) Me too - I'm looking forward to getting Sequoia to got with that too.

4) Looks like a Racing Car Blades to me.

5) From the colours I think it's another kind of Morebot - but the mould was also used to represent Boulder in another set.

6) I'd guess that is new Repaint Optimus Primal and If I had to guess that Dragon may be Twinferno and may likely be the same twinferno that is in RID. But the colours are close enough to Heatwave for sure.

I'm glad you posted that image that as I just noticed that is a Rescan size new Mould Stegosaurus Chase !!

And I'd not noticed before it was a dinosaur until I looked really closely and saw the paws and the plates on the shoulders.

That is terrific as that is one thing that was at the top of my wants list it was Rescan size Dinos.

Though perhaps they might work even better in the older size than the shrunk size.. But that they are doing them at all is terrific I hope they make more - perhaps do them in mega size too.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872676)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 7th, 2017 @ 9:19pm CDT
Our very own ScottyP brings us this sighting of Rescue Bots Sequoia. While this figure has been seen online for some time this is one of the first sightings at a brick and mortar store. This is good for those who may not want to pay shipping for one small figure. The picture below was taken at ToysRus in Cary, North Carolina.

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872741)
Posted by Emerje on April 8th, 2017 @ 1:27am CDT
Rysquad wrote:Any idea who the truck will be (between jet Bumblebee and jet Chase)?

I'm going to guess it's a new alt mode Optimus Prime considering he's between two other guys with new alt modes and is blue in back and red in front (with silver armor).

Emerje
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872754)
Posted by RAR on April 8th, 2017 @ 3:36am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

The mould is the same mould as Boulder (the one that comes with Graham in a furry hood parka) I get a strong Morebot vibe from the colours though myself.

They could have potentially come up with a story to say it's a reformatted scrapbot too I guess.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872759)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 8th, 2017 @ 5:37am CDT
I'd agree that it looks like Prime as some kind of snow plow. Though the plow part is looking kinda flat. An armored truck seems too "combat orientated" for Rescue Bots so I don't think it's going to be used for ramming anything.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872761)
Posted by RAR on April 8th, 2017 @ 6:39am CDT
looking at the details it seems to be a slight remould of Boulder's snowplow mode.

http://www.thetoyshop.com/action-toys-f ... 9774_C0333

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys ... e-boulder/

But some of the surface details are different - like the shape of the bumper/blade and sides of the legs for example.

Those gas tanks on the side of the legs are slightly suggestive of Optimus Prime though I still think it looks rather like a new kind of Morebot.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872810)
Posted by Emerje on April 8th, 2017 @ 1:13pm CDT
It also has wheels instead of treads. Wouldn't it be strange to give a MorBot Prime's colors when normally they're silver and purple?

Emerje
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1872965)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2017 @ 11:08pm CDT
There's not that much purple in the color scheme of a normal MorBot:

The MorBot 2.0 had more purple on it, but that one was based on a preexisting toy that used more purple than the normal MorBots did.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1873608)
Posted by Bronzewolf on April 11th, 2017 @ 3:09am CDT
Have you been eyeing the new Rescue Bots Brushfire figure and aren't quite sure whether it would fit in your collection? Well, we might have the perfect thing for you, thanks to Scottimus Prime and his Toy Hunter Productions! Check out his video review of the figure below, and tell us if it changed your opinion of the figure!

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers: Rescue Bots Toys Video #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1873611)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 11th, 2017 @ 3:33am CDT
I'm digging the orange on the figure.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Sqweeks Cube Power Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collector's Club 2010 Membership Autobot Dion Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY