Transformers News: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair

Saturday, February 17th, 2018 6:36PM CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Tyrannacon   Views: 15,663

Our Toy Fair 2018 coverage continues with the gallery for Transformers Studio series. You can find more information about the Studio series here from the official reveals, some shots from on the floor, and details on it from Hasbro's Panel Presentation about the upcoming line from their panel earlier in the day on Saturday February 17th, 2018. The gallery is home to the offerings we hope to see this April ranging from Leader classes Blackout, and Grimlock; Voyagers Brawl, Revenge of the Fallen Megatron, Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime, and TF1 Starscream; Deluxe class Bumblebee, Crowbar, Ratchet, Lockdown, Jazz and Stinger

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1939955)
Posted by shocksound96 on February 17th, 2018 @ 7:50pm CST
that bumblebee is my most definite buy from this line, mostly because the classic camaro bumblebee was my first movie figure. unfortunately it broke because of the stupid automorph gimmick that was on a hair trigger.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1939960)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 17th, 2018 @ 8:02pm CST
SO MANY AWESOME FIGURES! :DANCE:
The only ones I'm not liking of these is the voyager Prime and Stinger, all the others look superb. Crowbar's even growing on me, seeing him in that hunched-over pose that he had in DOTM makes a world of difference. Lockdown and Jazz look just about perfect, especially with the paint & new head sculpts. ROTF Megatron looks spot-on (hopefully he keeps the paint from his tank mode figure on display, though), they just look so good! Going to try and order that new Bumblebee tonight; if not it's no big deal, they come out pretty soon anyways.

Sort of off topic but I can't find the thread it came from, do we have any more intel on when the Movie the Best wave 2 figures get released? Anyone who ordered Jazz or Lockdown might want to cancel right about now xD
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1939998)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 17th, 2018 @ 9:24pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1939999)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 17th, 2018 @ 9:25pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Um, stupid question. The Bumblebee in the Studio Series line is the same mold that we just got in The Last Knight?

He's indeed based on the TLK mold, with a lot of parts changed. For that matter:

- Crowbar is a retool of TLK Berserker
- Ratchet is a heavy retool of DotM Ratchet

Stinger is the only new mold in the Deluxe range, but I can't help but feel Starscream is an upscaled DotM version.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940007)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 17th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CST
That leader Grimlock look like a new mold. And FAR superior than the lackluster AoE one. I'm unimpressed by Blackout though. That voyager Starscream look amazing and Megatron too.

Speaking of Megatron, I am the only one who wish for a MPM Megatron in his 2007 mode?
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940010)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 17th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
Would have been stoked if they made Ratchet a Voyager class. But he's probably not as popular as the others in that size class so I get why Hasbro made the choice they did. People would rather have a big dinobot so I can't blame them.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940034)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2018 @ 10:45pm CST
Brand Unification is at an all time high, not only are Hasbro and Takara releasing the exact same figures for the Studio Series line but they are revealing them on the very same day. You can catch up on the Hasbro side of things for Transformers Studio Series with the official reveals, some shots from on the Toy Fair floor, and details on it from Hasbro's Panel Presentation about the upcoming line from their panel earlier in the day on Saturday February 17th, 2018.

And now, at the other end of the world, Japan is seeing these same figures as well. Fellow Seibertronian Primalxconvoy attended Wonderfest 2018 and snapped images of Grimlock and Optimus prime who we can see in their packaging as well. there was even a whole dioroma made especially to showcase this new leader Grimlock in his mighty scale.

Crowbar, Stinger, Bumblebee and Blackout were also there.

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940049)
Posted by SureShot18 on February 17th, 2018 @ 11:20pm CST
My lord these look amazing. Jazz and Lockdown look gorgeous. Megatron and Starscream look fantastic. Blackout looks great. And that Grimlock is just an absolute monster. :michaelbay:

I’m starting to regret not buying more TLK figures...
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940054)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2018 @ 11:31pm CST
SureShot18 wrote:

I’m starting to regret not buying more TLK figures...

Shouldnt be too late, they are still in stores.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940068)
Posted by william-james88 on February 18th, 2018 @ 12:18am CST
Va'al wrote:

A very very far cry from what he looks like, especially around the arms, wtf is going on there?!

And while i am here, that optimus look like crap. A fake chest, REALLY!!???! At least they could make it look good, but no, instead we have black tabs right at the center

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940093)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 18th, 2018 @ 4:12am CST
Grimlock is AMAZING. He's huge and I recommend him to everyone.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940101)
Posted by Burn on February 18th, 2018 @ 4:38am CST
Be very surprised if you see me post about getting any of these figures.

I've already scaled down my movie collection because frankly, they got crappier and crappier. For the first few years I was able to ignore how ugly they were, but time took it's toll and now looking at these ... meh.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940107)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 18th, 2018 @ 5:00am CST
OK that Grimlock looks frickin' incredible. In both modes. Trying to figure out his shoulders though... is there two dino heads? :O

I'm saving up for these. May pass on Prime cos I have my AoE Evasion and TLK knight versions already taking up two places for him. But yeah I'm buying so many of those other ones. Yay for a Transformers line I wanna buy. :)

EDIT: just went back a page and saw the ones i hadnt seen. Lockdown, Megatron and such all look great. Jazz though is prob my fave deluxe there. Awesome.

Starscream. Someone mentioned it's just the deluxe scaled up with a few improvements. I love the Deluxe other than the fact it's small. I nearly bought a scaled up KO but couldn't find it available to buy anymore. This mold suits me just fine then. Though I would prefer it in RotF tattoo deco.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940115)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 18th, 2018 @ 5:09am CST
I'm not really a film fan, but that Grimlock, even in green, is fantastic. Obviously, the transformation could be awful and it could be made from razorblades and asbestos, but the look of the thing... Oh MYYYYY!
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940140)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 18th, 2018 @ 7:24am CST
[quote]Dat Grimlock...[/quote]

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940156)
Posted by Rambar on February 18th, 2018 @ 8:44am CST
Anyone able to help a big fan out?

I live in the U.K. but really want to buy Stinger and Bee. Anyone able to help me purchase and get these figures shipped to me? (sadly delivery on the site is restricted to the U.S. and Canada) pleaseeeee
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940184)
Posted by Overcracker on February 18th, 2018 @ 10:22am CST
Only thing I really want from this line is the 70’s Bumblebee.

Not really a fan of movie Grimlock, as good as this version looks, and Prime is just a Mess, with all the movie Primes we saw last year, this is just sad.

I’ll stick with my Movie the Best MB-11

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940195)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 18th, 2018 @ 10:59am CST
Is Ratchet bigger than previous Deluxe Ratchets? He appears a fair bit taller than 77 Bee and Jazz.

TLK Bee and red redeco of DotM Ratchet. Same height

Screencap from PrimeVsPrime's video of recent pics.

Can see the new lower legs add a bit extra height. Which suits me fine as I like Prime and Megatron to be Voyager size and Bee/Jazz Deluxe and Ratchet and Ironhide to be in the middle.
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940248)
Posted by shajaki on February 18th, 2018 @ 1:04pm CST

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Gallery of Transformers Studio Series Megatron, Grimlock, Brawl #NYTF #HasbroToyFair (1940250)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 18th, 2018 @ 1:06pm CST
Yep, ok I probably not even gonna wait for a hopeful RotF version, that Starscream is gorgeous. Where's his saw?
Transformers products from AMAZON