Transformers News: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage -  Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave

Saturday, February 14th, 2015 2:58pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 24,621

The Kre-O display at Toy Fair 2015 was small but not without its own reveals. We get a nice look at the Kreon Warriors and Sideswipe Roadway Rundown set. Also on display at Toy Fair 2015 were new Kre-O sets including Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound and Shockwave. Blitzwing and Drift are triple changers.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651249)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 14th, 2015 @ 3:14pm CST
No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

Blitzwing coming with 3 heads sure is handy since I have a regular custom Blitswing that'd love a crazy face. But a metallic gold helmet? Odd.

And those "Warriors" are getting a second wave. Too bad most of them are repeat characters. Looks like some of them have hair. Uh...

Kreon are going weird and totally away from what got people hooked on.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651330)
Posted by Zeedust on February 14th, 2015 @ 5:11pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Looks like they combined just about every Drift into that one. Colors/chest based on MtMtE, triple changer like Movie, minions like RiD.

I think the only one they missed is Shattered Glass Drift, and since he's a FunPub character who never appeared in anything anyway, and trying to include him would probably make things confusing, I can see why they skipped him.

I'm just surprised they picked Drift, with those modes I'd have expected Springer.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651420)
Posted by Editor on February 14th, 2015 @ 7:21pm CST
I was hope for an announcement for at least one more line of micro-changers with the new combiner characters, Alpha Bravo, Rook, Offroad and such to mash into our existing Kre-o combiners.

That said trying to push an 8th guy onto Superion may be hard.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651462)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

Hmm, weird, thought I had sent those through. Sorry about that! The connection in there was a bit rough.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651463)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 8:59pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

We got some in the later galleries though! :D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... als/32225/
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651468)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:10pm CST
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

We got some in the later galleries though! :D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... als/32225/

Ah, there it is! http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsi ... &image=110
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651469)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:12pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:No pics of the Bumblebee and Optimus combiners?

We got some in the later galleries though! :D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... als/32225/

Ah, there it is! http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsi ... &image=110

That's just dumb, but i kinda like it :lol:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651490)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:59pm CST
Yeeeess!
I think this if my favorite reveal. It's just plain absurd, the kind of thing people joke about, but I got a list of Kreons that could use those very same helmets (which won't be used in combined mode), so inexplicably it's both a stupid novelty and a highly useful set.

Now the trouble is can I even find it.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651550)
Posted by Editor on February 15th, 2015 @ 12:49am CST
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651580)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2015 @ 6:59am CST
Editor wrote:3 out of 4 of those heads on Bumblebees limbs seem to be in a great deal of pain..... But that one leg is having a blast.

You have any idea how hard it is for me not to imagine them screaming with pain/joy every time I look at the image, now..?
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651582)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2015 @ 7:10am CST
It isn't over yet! For all the Kre-O fans out there, Seibertron.com has uploaded a gallery showcasing the new direction that the line is going into revealed by Hasbro at Toy Fair 2015, from Battle Changers, to Warriors, to the disturbingly amusing Bumblebee and Optimus Prime combiners - check them all out by clicking on any of the images below.

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651587)
Posted by RAcast on February 15th, 2015 @ 7:31am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Yeeeess!

Now the trouble is can I even find it.

Holy crap, what is even this? :lol: I saw the Optimus made out of tiny Optimii before I noticed the GIGANTIC Bumblebee with little screaming heads for limbs! #-o

To be fair...it is Bumblebee...
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651612)
Posted by dragons on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:02am CST
RAcast wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Yeeeess!

Now the trouble is can I even find it.

To be fair...it is Bumblebee...

funny thing is hasbro beat us fans to it none of us fans would have thought to make to make combiner out of all movie bumblebees that are on shelfs :APPLAUSE:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1651643)
Posted by Editor on February 15th, 2015 @ 10:29am CST
Va'al wrote:

You good Sir.
Are welcome.

So to quickly review this piece:
:-? + :cry: + :-s + :sad: + :DANCE: = :michaelbay:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1652211)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 16th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Me too. It's cracking me up, it's like it's saying "Heeey I'm a leg!"

Those Battle changers look really good. The two I have were solid builds and fun to transform back and forth. One complaint I have from them is I wish there were a few more locking points in vehicle mode. I think Drift will have those, at least I hope it will.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1652267)
Posted by Editor on February 16th, 2015 @ 6:56pm CST
No Chuck, he's saying "Heeey i'm a leg!!!... o" :P

In all seriousness, I picked up a few more warrior packs, and may review opening those in the thread I made for the first few packs.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1652371)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 17th, 2015 @ 1:54am CST
Editor wrote:No Chuck, he's saying "Heeey i'm a leg!!!... o" :P

LOL! Bless your soul in buying those Warrior figures. I gave up on blind bag Kre-O when it became legit blind bagged. Thankfully it looks like Joe is done so I don't have to worry about missing Zartan and Buzzer, just Zartan... On a positive note, Battle Changers!
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1652473)
Posted by Editor on February 17th, 2015 @ 11:28am CST
Hey at least you had a chance at those Joe Kreons.
TRU Canada only brought in the first wave of sets and series 1 and 2 of the character packs.

It sucks that they have dropped the codes, as I ended up buying way too many AOE2 packs just to get Skalor so I could finally build my King Poseidon (never cared for the name Piranacon for that gestalt.)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1653194)
Posted by Va'al on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:41am CST
Catching up on some post-Toy Fair news, we have confirmation of Kre-O Transformers Warriors blind packs appearing at - for now - Canadian Toys'R'Us stores. Fellow users Editor and Samsonator both confirm the purchase, and have shared images with us of these themed Kreon minifigure reimaginings of established Transformers characters. Check some out below!

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Kreon Warriors and Battle Changers Drift, Blitzwing, Hound & Shockwave (1653205)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:57am CST
Hah. I spotted these last week when I picked up Strongarm from Toys r' Us. Didn't think they hadn't been spotted yet though! Didn't bother buying any since I think they look stupid. :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Refraktor Reflector" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Blackarachnia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Movie DARK of the MOON Deluxe Class MECHTECH - CYBERFIRE BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Sideswipe Car/Robot Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Optimus Prime Dino Hauler 275 Pcs #A7796 Unopened Box" on EBAY
Buy "1992 Vintage G1 G2 Transformers STALKER figure European Exclusive Predator Tank" on EBAY
Buy "REFRAKTOR  WFC-S36 TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON DELUXE NEW MISB SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-8 Megatron japan" on EBAY