Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony

Sunday, February 15th, 2015 7:49am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,401

The final final Seibertron.com gallery galloping in from day one of New York Toy Fair 2015 concerns nothing of the Transformers sort, but has been marked - despite the neigh-sayers - as Hasbro's golden brand, the money maker, the heart warmer, the cutie bringer: My Little Pony! Site owner Seibertron has chosen to show us the new line, from themed sets to Equestria Girls, via soft toys, clothing, stationery and apparel - just click on any of the images below to view the gallery! A video can also be found after the images.

Transformers News: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Playskool Friends My Little Pony

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 15th, 2015 9:31am CST

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651596)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:03am CST
Those bike riding EG dolls look METAL AS HELL!

Also, those blind bag sized ponies with playsets are perfect for some show accurate dioramas!

Me liek! :x
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651599)
Posted by Mechastrike on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:13am CST
and i thought those dolls were MLP's transforming to humans! LOL!
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651604)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:37am CST
Mechastrike wrote:and i thought those dolls were MLP's transforming to humans! LOL!

I'd love if they did that!
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651605)
Posted by Moody magpie on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:40am CST
Er pray tell what this has to do with Transformers? :-?
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651606)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:45am CST
Moody magpie wrote:Er pray tell what this has to do with Transformers? :-?

Nothing.

Which is why it's in the non-TF section, and says the following:

[...]

Site owner Seibertron has chosen to show us the new products
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651608)
Posted by Seibertron on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:47am CST
Moody magpie wrote:Er pray tell what this has to do with Transformers? :-?

My daughter is really into My Little Pony plus MLP is a massive brand right now that rivals Transformers in popularity. I usually try to do Marvel and Star Wars as well but just didn't have time to do them yesterday.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651610)
Posted by Moody magpie on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:53am CST
Fair enough my bad, but then again a MLP/TF crossover would be interesting.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651614)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:04am CST
I'm not interested in Combiner Wars, but this? THIS I am. Great gallery, here. And oh man those mini-figures. :D
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651622)
Posted by RhA on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:26am CST
I came here for the comments. I am yet to be pleased.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651623)
Posted by guarayakha on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:28am CST
Moody magpie wrote:Fair enough my bad, but then again a MLP/TF crossover would be interesting.

They should totally do a TF-related episode like what Gainax did with Panty&Stocking.

Seriously. :michaelbay:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651646)
Posted by Rated X on February 15th, 2015 @ 10:39am CST
RhA wrote:I came here for the comments. I am yet to be pleased.

Trying to behave this year, lol.

Insert you're favorite vintage Rated X comment here:

____________________________________________________
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651760)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on February 15th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CST
Almost everything here looks neat, I know my friends in Japan will love this! The Baby Rainbow Dash however...

Things of Nightmares. :shock:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651799)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 15th, 2015 @ 5:12pm CST
Does this mean we will also be covering Star Wars and Marvel products in the toy fair? Those are Hasbro products too...I mean, if we, as a Transformers site are covering MLP I guess that would mean we are covering ALL Hasbro products.

Or are the MLP sites not reporting on this?

In the Non-TF forums is one thing, on the front page is another. I don't come to this site for Pony news, nor do I for Marvel or Star Wars news.

//two cents.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651801)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2015 @ 5:14pm CST
We usually do cover SW and Marvel, but this year it was impossible to do so.

See Ryan's post above. :D
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651808)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 15th, 2015 @ 5:22pm CST
Va'al wrote:We usually do cover SW and Marvel, but this year it was impossible to do so.

See Ryan's post above. :D

To my knowledge we do not. Even so far as having to justify information concerning Death's Head as being originally a Transformers comic character.

Star Wars and Marvel at least have some products that have tied into Transformers.
So far MLP does not.

I just don't see why this should be on the news feed. It's not transformers news.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651837)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2015 @ 6:27pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:

See Ryan's post above. :D

So far MLP does not.

It isn't, but I said so. I was asked to post it by Ryan, so I posted. I doesn't harm anyone by being there, and it'll soon be off the front page in any case.

For the record though, MLP and Transformers do cross over several times with comics covers for SDCC, BotCon and other events. It's a Hasbro property, and these things are to be expected - especially with one that is raking in millions.

As for SW and Marvel - we covered it last year:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/29436/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... n-2/29451/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... reo/29450/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ars/29449/

And for SDCC:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nds/30797/

And NYCC 2013: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nes/28558/
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651880)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:45pm CST
Also, because the show is damn good, and the Brony phenomenon, MLP is now a goldmine for Hasbro. Maybe you have to thank MLP for making Combiners Wars possible! ;)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651881)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:46pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:

See Ryan's post above. :D

So far MLP does not.

As for SW and Marvel - we covered it last year:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/29436/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... n-2/29451/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... reo/29450/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ars/29449/

And for SDCC:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nds/30797/

And NYCC 2013: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nes/28558/

I stand corrected.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651911)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 15th, 2015 @ 10:37pm CST

Not in response to the franchise, obviously. I just can't stand Equestria Girls and how they fundamentally represent the exact opposite of the rest of the show, in my opinion.

Apart from that, I'm not really interested in the blind bag figures either. Unless they've magically increased ten-fold in quality since the last time I wasted my day away at TRU, sifting through blind bags to find the correct figures. But seeing what's going on in Transformers right now really makes me doubt an increase in quality anywhere.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: My Little Pony (1651920)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2015 @ 11:20pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:Alright. I'll just insert some generic Jontron reaction. They're pretty interchangeable.

Equestria Girls have improved a lot. The second movie, Rainbow rock is way better than the first and the dolls have improved significantly. I collect a few myself and some are FABULOUS!

Blind bags are still going on, but what is REALLY going on is the blind bag sized. "Collections" are sold directly as sets, many being unique mold of pretty show accurate characters. At the toyfair, they announced playsets to go with them. Show accurate playsets. Really awesome IMO.

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY