Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars

Transformers News: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars

Saturday, February 14th, 2015 6:22PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 40,720

To follow on from our ongoing coverage of the New York Toy Fair 2015, Seibertron.com is proud to present another refined gallery, showcasing the continuation of the Transformers Generations Combiner Wars toy line. As we have reported earlier, in this gallery you'll find a better look at IDW-inspired Leader Thundercracker (original design by Guido Guidi) and Ultra Magnus (yes, another Nick Roche, well done), plus a new combiner team of Protectobots and their gestalt mode - Defensor - and more Legend class figures. Check them out below!

Hey Kids! It's Minimus Ambus!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651380)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:28pm CST
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651382)
Posted by Rated X on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:31pm CST
Devastator individual bots - look awesome. Still don’t see the point of making them so big. I hope somebody shrinks them down to classics scale. I would gladly pay the same price or even more if they scaled with other combiners.

Mixmaster - Cement mixer mode blows monkey balls. Hasbro did that to mess with G1 purists. There was no reason to design him like that when the other 5 were all done G1 faithful.

Ultra Magnus – Really awesome. Glad there is no annoying white Prime. Love the overall G1 appearance. But his stacks are too tall. I guess I can live with that if he is the same size as City Commander. (Jetfire’s height minus the wings/backpack) I don’t need Ultra Magnus any bigger than that. He is not a combiner, lol.

Protectobots - Awesome. Glad to see Alpha Bravo is finally good for something. Rook is ok. I would be open to someone doing a proper Groove as a limb even if the scale in alt mode is off.

Cyclonus – Meh with a capital “M”. The Silverbolt mold is about as “Cyclonus” as the Motormaster mold is “Optimus”. Too many sacrifices to accommodate a combiner feature that is totally unnecessary for the character.

Viper - Stupid GI Joe crossover. It should have been Tailwind.

Warpath - waste of plastic. I like to call him “not Warpath”. They might as well repaint the leader megatron red and call him MP warpath.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651385)
Posted by Rated X on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:36pm CST

Is that a man or a woman behind Defensor ?
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651386)
Posted by Cobotron on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:36pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:This is the only picture that describes how amazing leader class Ultra Magnus is.
I you've never been more right. That picture totally ROCKS! :michaelbay:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651387)
Posted by Burn on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:36pm CST

bahahahahaha love it!

And seriously. I was going to say no to Thundercracker because "I already have one of that mold". But he looks too good to pass.

I'll just sit Jetfire next to Whirl and they can be rejects together.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651390)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:42pm CST
Burn wrote:

bahahahahaha love it!

I'll just sit Jetfire next to Whirl and they can be rejects together.

Oh yeah. 8)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651392)
Posted by MrBlack on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:43pm CST
I'm a huge mark for Thundercracker. I was planning to buy him as soon as he was announced.

Ultra Magnus is far better than I ever expected. And that Minimus Ambus figure is adorable!

I really like the Silverbolt mold, and I was happy to hear that Cyclonus would be a retool of that figure. As much as I would like an IDW version, this looks quite nice.

Viper is too cool with the Decepticobra symbol. I actually like the Warpath figure much more than I expected.

I was only planning on getting First Aid from the Protectobots, but Streetwise, Groove, and Hot Spot all look surprisingly good. I might pick up the bunch at some point.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651393)
Posted by Syn_13 on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:43pm CST
Burn wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I'll just sit Jetfire next to Whirl and they can be rejects together.

I actually like Jetfire and Whirl. :-(

Rook looks like a Cossack Dancer! :lol:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651394)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:44pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Burn wrote:

bahahahahaha love it!

I'll just sit Jetfire next to Whirl and they can be rejects together.

Oh yeah. 8)

"Made in Heaven."

Also I wish the Transformers #38 subscription cover was the News of the World cover with Devastator.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651395)
Posted by Rated X on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:46pm CST
Syn_13 wrote:Weirdly enough, Rook reminds me of Universe Onslaught. It'd be funny if they pull a fast one and make Onslaught a retool of Rook and use him as a limb. If that happened then why not go the whole hog and make Blast Off the torso and watch the scale nuts' heads explode! :lol:

Please dont give them any ideas. :-$
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651396)
Posted by Burn on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:47pm CST
Syn_13 wrote:I actually like Jetfire and Whirl. :-(

I have legitimate reasons for disliking Whirl.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651399)
Posted by Syn_13 on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:50pm CST
Burn wrote:
Syn_13 wrote:I actually like Jetfire and Whirl. :-(

I have legitimate reasons for disliking Whirl.

Well, that's just weird. Never had that happen to me before.

One thing I did notice about Leader Magnus in comparison to MP Magnus. No buttflap. I repeat. No buttflap.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651400)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:52pm CST
I just noticed, the Viper has a unique headsculpt,and they look like cobra paratroopers and/or vipers proper; I.E Army builders :shock: .
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651401)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:53pm CST
Um has a "Roller" like scout car that transfoms? Nod to Powered Convoy Diaclone origins? :BOWDOWN:

Edit: So this UM is the IDW incarnation with the"always" changing core pilot of the armor. Got it! Still awesomeSAUCE! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651403)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:55pm CST
I don't have any real connection to Defensor, as he was only in like, two episodes and never made me care for him, but I'm going to haveto ge First Aid because of MTMTE, even though I'll also be getting Off Road.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651404)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 14th, 2015 @ 6:58pm CST
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651407)
Posted by Burn on February 14th, 2015 @ 7:01pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:"Cyclonus...............the Warrior and his............" I remember those lines like it was yesterday. :x

You watched the movie yesterday didn't you?
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651419)
Posted by Rated X on February 14th, 2015 @ 7:20pm CST
Burn wrote:
Syn_13 wrote:I actually like Jetfire and Whirl. :-(

I have legitimate reasons for disliking Whirl.

My Whirl didn't smell. Are you talking "stink" like if you can smell him from the other side of the room ? Or are you sniffing him under your nose ? (I hope not) ;)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651422)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 7:23pm CST
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Syn_13 wrote:I actually like Jetfire and Whirl. :-(

I have legitimate reasons for disliking Whirl.

Uh, well all know only huffing NECA and DC figures will get you high [-( Judging from what i've read, if you tried to huff Burn's Whirl, you'd probably die.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - New Gallery: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars (1651425)
Posted by Burn on February 14th, 2015 @ 7:32pm CST
Va'al just showed me (what I assume is official Hasbro) another pic of Ultra Magnus.

I need to go put on some new pants.
Damn CWUM.