Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc.

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc.

Sunday, February 15th, 2015 12:45pm CST

Categories: Event News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 29,470

Shifting our focus away from toys for a bit, ScottyP reports live from the New York Toy Fair, giving us a look at officially licensed Transformers hats from Elope, Inc. The designs mirror Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron, and are offered in two different styles - check them out below!

Transformers News: Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - General Event Thread

Transformers News: Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - General Event Thread

Credit(s): Elope, Inc

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651769)
Posted by Va'al on February 15th, 2015 @ 3:59pm CST
As ScottyP continues and concludes his field reporting from New York Toy Fair, we have a number of news pieces scattered from the exhibition centre about licensed Transformers products to share with everyone. First off, it appears that Hexbug and Tech4, who make the Mash 'Ems toys, aren't doing Transformers products in the upcoming year.

Up to speed with current Transformers releases, on the other hand, the candy producer Radz has a series of Robots in Disguise themed robot heads which dispense sweets on their tongues - much like the Pez of times gone by! Featuring Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Steeljaw and Optimus Prime, check them out below.

From Vivitar, we have a surprising amount of varied products, from headphones to joysticks to spy kits and accessories, walkie talkies, drum kits, electronic keyboards, tablet and smartphone cases, gadgets, trinkets and doodads - all with a Robots in Disguise theme. Find out more in the mirrored images that follow!

From Cardinal Industries, we have a number of Transformers themed puzzles - though it seems still from the older Age of Extinction related catalogues. See images mirrored below.

Via Trends International, we have a bunch of stationery and trinkets with both an Age of Extinction and G1 style to them, from pens to erasers to temporary tattoos.

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651831)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 6:09pm CST
Anyone else feel the brand might be over-extending a bit?
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651866)
Posted by Peridot on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:02pm CST
megatronus wrote:Anyone else feel the brand might be over-extending a bit?

Not really. G1 had just as much, if not more redundant licensed products. Stuff like this tends to increase brand awareness.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651873)
Posted by megatronus on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:24pm CST
Metro Prime wrote:...So...much...tangential...merchandise! :shock: Did we go back in time three decades, or what?
megatronus wrote:Anyone else feel the brand might be over-extending a bit?

:-?

I'm fairly sure it's the other way around. People don't buy Transformers candy [or insert extension here] and then become aware of the brand - they are aware of and like the brand, and thus buy the product.

Either way, though, you're right - all of this stuff is bound to come out eventually.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651882)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on February 15th, 2015 @ 8:50pm CST
It was all fun and games until I saw the drum kit, keyboard and mic. set. Seriously?? And all RID themed? Sorry, but no. Unless that keyboard has a preset/Demo with Stan Bush doing the full 1986 version of "The Touch" then those things don't need to exist in conjunction with this brand. This is Transformers not Hannah freaking Montana. You want to give the kids music, give 'em a working Soundwave/Blaster MP3 players and a 20$ off mail in coupon for lessons at Guitar Center packaged with it. Then let them use their toys for imaginary battles like they were intended.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651887)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:13pm CST
It was all that spy gear that threw me off. I remember back when I was a teen how spy gear was the new in stuff, but I have no clue how it needs to have the backing of the transformers brand. Kinda takes the cool cutting edge aspect out of it and makes it more kiddie.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651890)
Posted by Agamemnon on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:21pm CST
Because, if only transformers toys were intended for kids... ;)

[Edit] And I know, water is wet. I use my son as a test. He's 8. If he says something is cool and that he wants it...
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651891)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:23pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:Because, if only transformers toys were intended for kids... ;)

But those walkie talkies and spy gear arent transformers toys. Or are they?
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1651898)
Posted by Agamemnon on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:50pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Because, if only transformers toys were intended for kids... ;)

But those walkie talkies and spy gear arent transformers toys. Or are they?

Depends on what you mean... While they may not actually transform, they have the theme. Wouldn't that make them "Transformers toys?" And you'd be surprised what kids will come up with related to playing transformers. I remember my best friend and I using baseball bats and other things pretending to be Megatron, Soundwave, Skywarp, Mirage, and Optimus. We had a blast!

Of course that was just the other week... 8-} (Yes, I'm kidding. This was circa 1985 or so...)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1652043)
Posted by dragons on February 16th, 2015 @ 9:01am CST
Agamemnon wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Because, if only transformers toys were intended for kids... ;)

But those walkie talkies and spy gear arent transformers toys. Or are they?

how dissapointing i was going to look for video of it on youtube with two of you using baseball bats disguise as transformers :-(
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1652151)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 16th, 2015 @ 2:18pm CST
Our last Toy Fair US 2015 gallery covers the many miscellaneous products on display. Check out the licensed miscellaneous product that runs the gambit from Karaoke Radios, Digital Video Camcorders, Headphones, G1 Metal Earth 3D models and much more. Click the images below to see the full galleries.

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1652154)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2015 @ 2:23pm CST

You know what this reminds me of?

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1652183)
Posted by Agamemnon on February 16th, 2015 @ 3:22pm CST
dragons wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Because, if only transformers toys were intended for kids... ;)

But those walkie talkies and spy gear arent transformers toys. Or are they?

Picture a 10 year old with a baseball bat strapped to his arm pretending it was Megatron's Fusion Cannon, only to say that I was a spy, and was really Mirage. (I got Mirage and Hound's abilities mixed up as a kid...)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Hats by Elope, Inc. (1652456)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on February 17th, 2015 @ 10:54am CST
Those Metal Earth pieces look awesome. I wanted some of the Star Wars ones, but never dropped the cash for them.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction- Hammer Strike Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "KBB Transformers GT-05 Optimus Prime MP-10 G1 Pocket Size Combat commander-12cm" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Mr Potato Head Bumble Spud Collectible Children’s Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Bumble Spud Mr. Potato Head" on EBAY