Saturday, February 14th, 2015 8:49pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,311

While Seibertron.com has provided a bunch of photos of the newly announced Combiner Wars figures, showcased at the US Toy Fair, we now also have a video for you. The first video shows what was found on the showcase floor, which includes Defensor, Ultra Magnus and the new Legends figures. The second shows the assembly of Leader Magnus' Hammer.

UPDATE: We have also shared Seibertron's video showing how Minimus Ambus and Ultra Magnus interact with each other, mirrored below.

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 15th, 2015 9:51am CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651461)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on February 14th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST
Well damn. As much as this line is irritating the heck out of me I may actually have to pick up a few of these. Viper is an instant buy-on-sight figure just because of my love of GI Joe and the Warthog. Prowl looks cool enough that I may actually have to pick him up just to replace my current Generations Prowl but I can do without the rest of the Protecobots. Yes, i know that isn't "Prowl" in the pictures but come-on. You all KNOW that yes, that is indeed what they are going to give us as Prowl. I'm a bit irked that he doesn't look anything like the IDW prowl but it looks better than them repainting Rook and passing him off which is their only other option since they are too lazy to give him a new mold.
As for Magnus, I was excited when I heard the news but the thing suffers from the same SHS (Shrunken Head Syndrome) as Devastator and the cab looks like a bulldog or pug that chased after a parked car at full tilt speed and caught it. The minimus (yes, I left it lower-case on purpose) figure, at first glance, looked like one of the Prowl mini-cons but after closer inspection is far more underwheleming than that so I don't have to worry about missing out on adding that one to my collection of Mini-Cons.
All told, I'm not nearly as impressed or excited as I should be about this line. I thought Hasbro was going to step up their game for this line and actually coordinate with IDW and make this whole "Combiner Wars" thing an actual Event. I'm just not seeing it, not the coordination with designs nor do I see the IDW story taking the absurd twists it would have to go through to keep the designs in line with what they already have established. This is FAIL central and it has only just started with absolutely no logical way to straighten the mess out.

You want to do a truly "out there" combiner that has nothing to do with anything but will still make folks snatch it up like dime store candy? Give us a Megatron combiner with limbs resembling his past iterations. War Within and Armada style tanks for legs. A G2, Voyager size Tank for the body, Cybertron and Beast Wars styled arms and Beast Machines Megabolt for the Head. THAT is what you should have done instead of that insanely shiny Leader class creation you gave us.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651465)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:05pm CST
I dare say this Magnus looks btter than the Masterpiece!
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651466)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:06pm CST
CrankyOldTruck wrote:And "Megatronus"? Really??? With Cyclonus as the body? Can somebody say "Random Drug Testing"?

If I had a dollar for every name I heard for the combiner made with Cyclonus today, I'd have a lot of dollars. Not entirely sure they officially said what it was, though I may have just missed it. Info overload in my brain right now!
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651470)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:13pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651471)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:16pm CST
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651472)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:17pm CST
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o

Honestly, so far from everything at toy fair, this is the only thing that scares me, because what does this mean for the comics.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651473)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:18pm CST
Drift082111 wrote:I am excited with what I see and at this time I want to thank the Seibertron staff for all the hard work in getting these photos and news items. Much appreciated. This site is a high light at the end of my day during the work week. :BOT:

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651474)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:18pm CST
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o

Pardon my wha? moment. Cyclonus is a combiner too? So not just a retool of Silverbolt without the combiner element but an actual combiner? #-o
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651475)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:20pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o

Verily.

I mean, Megatronus would be more in keeping with the current theories of the Thirteen, and the Enigma, and Galvatron sort of taking over stuff and Optimus going Ultra Prime to stop him.

But why Cyclonus?

Unless, of course, these toys have nothing to do with the storyline by now.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651476)
Posted by durroth on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:20pm CST
Does defensor look like his legs have another transformation step they missed when they displayed it, His legs look disproportionately short
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651477)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:22pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o

Yup.

Voyager Cyclonus (looks fantastic) going to combine to make Galvatronus

From: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/32218/
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651478)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:22pm CST
Va'al wrote:Unless, of course, these toys have nothing to do with the storyline by now.

I think it's a mix of "directly related to story" and "cool repaints we can do to throw out some additional IDW characters just because".
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651479)
Posted by padfoo on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:23pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I dare say this Magnus looks btter than the Masterpiece!

Not even close!
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651480)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:26pm CST
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o

Unless, of course, these toys have nothing to do with the storyline by now.

All I can say is if we're wrong; then
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651481)
Posted by prjkt on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:32pm CST
padfoo wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I dare say this Magnus looks btter than the Masterpiece!

Not even close!

MP Magnus is G1 Magnus
CW Magnus is IDW/Modern Magnus

I actually prefer the appearance of this guy, so I guess I'll have to start saving up.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651483)
Posted by Va'al on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:35pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

Yeah, that was the second part of my line of thinking too.
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651489)
Posted by Starsaber468 on February 14th, 2015 @ 9:58pm CST
I knew how the hammer was formed before this video it was obvious :BOT: >:oP
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651495)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2015 @ 10:06pm CST
Starsaber468 wrote:I knew how the hammer was formed before this video it was obvious :BOT: >:oP

Just had some good timing on the floor to grab that demonstration and figured we'd share it, even if it isn't the most mind-blowing thing. Haven't seen much material about it elsewhere either, but yeah, just wanted to post it for the heck of it :)
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651496)
Posted by megatronus on February 14th, 2015 @ 10:13pm CST
CrankyOldTruck wrote:Do it right or not at all Hasbro. We're getting sick of the mediocre results for the last 10+ years.

Speak for yourself. =;

It's one thing to have incredibly negative/critical opinions, which is your right, but it's another thing entirely to pretend that somehow, those opinions are representative of everyone here.

Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Galvatronus is what we reported at some point. I think. Halp. #-o

Verily.

But why Cyclonus?

Unless, of course, these toys have nothing to do with the storyline by now.

It doesn't not make sense... I dunno. I don't need Cyclonus to be a combiner, but if he were, well, something either Unicron or Megatonus related would be totally baller. :CON:
Re: Toy Fair US 2015 video of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Figures, Ultra Magnus' Hammer, Minimus Ambus Feature (1651497)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 14th, 2015 @ 10:14pm CST
CrankyOldTruck wrote:*grump grump grump*

You really do live up to your username. :lol:

Va'al wrote:

Yes, agreed!

One thing I was just thinking is that I love how a lot of these appear to be finished products, molded in the correct color plastic with paint apps, rather than fully-painted prototypes. Which *hopefully* means that we can expect the actual releases to look just like this, and not lose 1/4 of their paint apps on the way to production. And it might also mean that these will be released sooner than one would expect. :D

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Crosshairs Deluxe Class Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Coin Bank 15" Bumblebees brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyber Battalion Prowl sealed Walgreens exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "NEW KRE-O Transformers Starscream (30667) - In Factory Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Sentinel Prime, Megatron And Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Skrapnel & Reflector, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY