Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products

Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products

Sunday, February 15th, 2015 7:10am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,440

It isn't over yet! For all the Kre-O fans out there, Seibertron.com has uploaded a gallery showcasing the new direction that the line is going into revealed by Hasbro at Toy Fair 2015, from Battle Changers, to Warriors, to the disturbingly amusing Bumblebee and Optimus Prime combiners - check them all out by clicking on any of the images below.

Transformers News: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products

Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1651587)
Posted by RAcast on February 15th, 2015 @ 7:31am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Yeeeess!
I think this if my favorite reveal. It's just plain absurd, the kind of thing people joke about, but I got a list of Kreons that could use those very same helmets (which won't be used in combined mode), so inexplicably it's both a stupid novelty and a highly useful set.

Now the trouble is can I even find it.

Holy crap, what is even this? :lol: I saw the Optimus made out of tiny Optimii before I noticed the GIGANTIC Bumblebee with little screaming heads for limbs! #-o

To be fair...it is Bumblebee...
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1651612)
Posted by dragons on February 15th, 2015 @ 9:02am CST
RAcast wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Yeeeess!

Now the trouble is can I even find it.

To be fair...it is Bumblebee...

funny thing is hasbro beat us fans to it none of us fans would have thought to make to make combiner out of all movie bumblebees that are on shelfs :APPLAUSE:
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1651643)
Posted by Editor on February 15th, 2015 @ 10:29am CST
Va'al wrote:
Editor wrote:3 out of 4 of those heads on Bumblebees limbs seem to be in a great deal of pain..... But that one leg is having a blast.

You have any idea how hard it is for me not to imagine them screaming with pain/joy every time I look at the image, now..?

You good Sir.
Are welcome.

So to quickly review this piece:
:-? + :cry: + :-s + :sad: + :DANCE: = :michaelbay:
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1652211)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 16th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Me too. It's cracking me up, it's like it's saying "Heeey I'm a leg!"

Those Battle changers look really good. The two I have were solid builds and fun to transform back and forth. One complaint I have from them is I wish there were a few more locking points in vehicle mode. I think Drift will have those, at least I hope it will.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1652267)
Posted by Editor on February 16th, 2015 @ 6:56pm CST
No Chuck, he's saying "Heeey i'm a leg!!!... o" :P

In all seriousness, I picked up a few more warrior packs, and may review opening those in the thread I made for the first few packs.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1652371)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 17th, 2015 @ 1:54am CST
Editor wrote:No Chuck, he's saying "Heeey i'm a leg!!!... o" :P

LOL! Bless your soul in buying those Warrior figures. I gave up on blind bag Kre-O when it became legit blind bagged. Thankfully it looks like Joe is done so I don't have to worry about missing Zartan and Buzzer, just Zartan... On a positive note, Battle Changers!
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1652473)
Posted by Editor on February 17th, 2015 @ 11:28am CST
Hey at least you had a chance at those Joe Kreons.
TRU Canada only brought in the first wave of sets and series 1 and 2 of the character packs.

It sucks that they have dropped the codes, as I ended up buying way too many AOE2 packs just to get Skalor so I could finally build my King Poseidon (never cared for the name Piranacon for that gestalt.)
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653194)
Posted by Va'al on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:41am CST
Catching up on some post-Toy Fair news, we have confirmation of Kre-O Transformers Warriors blind packs appearing at - for now - Canadian Toys'R'Us stores. Fellow users Editor and Samsonator both confirm the purchase, and have shared images with us of these themed Kreon minifigure reimaginings of established Transformers characters. Check some out below!

Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653205)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:57am CST
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653215)
Posted by Rated X on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:11am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hah. I spotted these last week when I picked up Strongarm from Toys r' Us. Didn't think they hadn't been spotted yet though! Didn't bother buying any since I think they look stupid. :P

Yeah I dont get why anybody likes kreo anyways. I dont even get what the target audience is supposed to be. Too small for little kids, too dumb for big kids. Whos left ? Hasbro's target audience IS kids right ?
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653221)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:19am CST
Rated X wrote:

Lego appeals to all ages, so why should Kre-O be any different?
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653225)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:25am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Lego appeals to all ages, so why should Kre-O be any different?

Oh don't get me wrong, *I* love Kre-O!

See? That's all mine! :D

I just think that the cowboy/ninja/pirate looking Kre-O's look dumb.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653226)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:28am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I just think that the cowboy/ninja/pirate looking Kre-O's look dumb.
Hasbro's just having a little fun.

In fact, that's pretty much the answer for a lot of the more goofy stuff done by the brand.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653231)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:40am CST
I wouldn't mind grabbing some of these. They're the kind of silly, radical new takes you just don't see in Transformers.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653233)
Posted by Samsonator on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:45am CST
See, when I first saw the images of these, I thought they were silly, but ultimately not worth the time. I bought a couple on a whim, just because they were there, and I really like them. Sure they're just another way for Hasbro to get some mileage out of parts they created for other Kre-O lines (D&D, for instance) but the paintwork is pretty solid and they're fun little reimaginings. I will be getting more.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653243)
Posted by Editor on February 19th, 2015 @ 11:05am CST
I honestly thought, that if i grabbed a couple at least I might get a few extra pieces that could come in handy, but after opening a couple, as silly as the idea is, it's not all that different from the Timelines stuff that was already done, so they are growing on me.
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653246)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 11:24am CST
Now that I think more about it, the extra parts WOULD be nice for customizations...

It's not like I don't like goofy stuff in Transformers either too. I mean, I already like the RiD character Bisk! With Clampdown coming a close second.

Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653288)
Posted by Editor on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:00pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Still, it's hard to get over how dumb Optimus looks in a cowboy hat.... however hilarious it is.

IMO It's the cowboy hat that makes the piece, awesome if you think of it as Ramrod Prime, for the Sabre Rider fans out there.
:-B
Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653301)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:20pm CST

Dare you to say that to his face. ;)

Re: Toy Fais US 2014 Coverage - New Gallery: Kre-O Transformers Products (1653350)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 2:46pm CST
In a way, the idea makes perfect sense considering how it was a childhood dream of Peter Cullen's to be a cowboy.

This Cowboy Optimus can kinda be seen as a way of honoring Cullen's dream.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY