Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed

Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 10:51am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 43,033

Japan Toy Hobby Market has revealed the Takara Tomy version of Unicron, with a more Generation 1 cartoon movie accurate color scheme. This new repaint version of Armada Unicron also comes with a new head sculpt. Unicron is part of the Takara Tomy's campaign to commemorate Transformers Generation 1 "The Movie".

The toy is open for pre-order from June 2010 and expected to be released at the end of September 2010. This version of Unicron is exclusive to Japan Toy Hobby Market.

Seibertron.com Image

Check out Toy Hobby listing here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, to get your latest update on Takara's Transformers 2010 campaign!

Credit(s): Toy Hobby Market

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 20th, 2010 12:01pm CDT

Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076538)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:55am CDT
Holy shit...

And I thought I would have to cancel my pre-order...
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076539)
Posted by Editor on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:56am CDT
That looks more like a unicron I would want in my collection.
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076540)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
Yes please.
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076541)
Posted by Forgotten on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:58am CDT
WHY WHY WHY? I thought I was going to be able to pass on this. Crap! Looks to good to pass on. My wallet weeps :sad:
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076543)
Posted by Mach on May 20th, 2010 @ 10:59am CDT
Btw, from what i know, Unicron box and upcoming Reissue Primus box can combine to have complete box art......

So Takara is making u to buy 2, if you want the nice box art.....
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076544)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:00am CDT
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076549)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:11am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Black and orange??? So are they taking their cue from Disney Label Halloween Mickey Prime? Can't say as I'm exactly overwhelmed by this particular repaint.

Those were G1 Unicron's colors, you know... Check out the movie sometime :)

And I already have Armada Unicron and Cybertron Primus, along with a designated spot, but this is really making me rethink everything! I'm gonna wait on this one...
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076551)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:12am CDT
I hope Hasbro releases him in the US. :grin:
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076554)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:16am CDT
=P~ Mine. Mine, Mine, Mine. Well, sadly, not mine. :sad: I have the original and dont do all this internety-shippy-from-Japany business. Only gripe is to perhaps have a slightly less carrotorange colour. He wasnt quite like that back in G1, was he?... :-?
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076555)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:18am CDT
I think that the new colors make him look almost like a whole new toy (mostly because you can't see through half of him anymore). I never really liked the way the Unicron toy looked but this one changes my mind.
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076557)
Posted by El Duque on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT
Definitely won't be canceling my pre-order, this looks great. Now I can display him in both his iconic modes.
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076558)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:26am CDT

My work currently has BBTS blocked, so does anyone know if he's there for Pre-order?
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076560)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:28am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:This will be my first buy of this figure. Never cared for the others, but THIS I would have bought long ago. G1 anime colors FTW!!

Yes, estimated for September.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076563)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:31am CDT
Oooh nice. I already have Primus and Unicron from the Armada and Cybertron lines, but I'm going to have to pick this up. There's no choice in the matter, I HAVE to pick this up at some point. I truely hope that Hasbro picks it up for western buyers because I would be one of them. If the Primus one they come out with does indeed have the compatible box art then I will probably grab that as well if possible. Why does all the great stuff have to come from expensive pre-orders, exclusives, or third party producers?
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076565)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:38am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Yes, estimated for September.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Thanks a bunch. I just pre-ordered it on my phone now!! :)
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076567)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:41am CDT
:shock: It's even more beautiful than I had hoped for!
Not even the clear hand ruins this for me as it's still just too epic a toy!

The only thing that could make this any more g1 would be if it had an Orson Wells voice chip....
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076568)
Posted by Varia31 on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:41am CDT
*whistles*
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076570)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:45am CDT
Dead Metal wrote::shock: It's even more beautiful than I had hoped for!
Not even the clear hand ruins this for me as it's still just too epic a toy!

Indeed, hell I would even settle with them having just shoved a micro-cassette player in his empty gut that had sound clips from his lines in the movie.
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076572)
Posted by Mkall on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:48am CDT
WOW!!

And I thought Armada Unicron would fill that role permanetly.

I was so wrong.
Re: Toy Hobby Market Exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron Revealed (1076574)
Posted by BattleRoller23 on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:52am CDT
I LOVE this!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron - Diamond Black (Takara)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Swindle Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers G1 Autobot Minibot Tailgate ReIssue WalMart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Insecticons Legends Lot KickBack Skrapnel Bombshell" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Power of the Primes Legends lot Battleslash Roadtrap" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Class Leadfoot 7 inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Genuine Vintage Transformers 2006 Movie Series THUNDERCRACKER Prototype" on EBAY
Buy "Genuine Vintage Transformers 2003 Armada WHEELJACK Prototype Super-Cons" on EBAY