Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert

Transformers News: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert

Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 10:42PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 32,020

Western Transformers collectors are no longer need to pay sky-high price for Henkei Red Alert, as the Hasbro version will hit the stores sooner or later.
Chinese auction website - Taobao.com features an auction for the Red Alert, loose item. This is the first time we see the actual toy image after the official announcement.
However only vehicle mode image is available now.

Check out original thread here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, for all your latest news/information on Transformers!
Credit(s): Taobao
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081023)
Posted by Galvatron X on June 1st, 2010 @ 10:45pm CDT
Oooh, that's sharp lookin'. I like it!
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081025)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 1st, 2010 @ 10:48pm CDT
Not bad. I kinda liek the Henkei's siren better.

So ... do I want three of the same toy? Or shall I just buy soemthing else? Decisions, decisions ...
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081036)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 1st, 2010 @ 11:17pm CDT
I am definitely gonna get this one along with Drift.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081040)
Posted by Mkall on June 1st, 2010 @ 11:36pm CDT
I'm so getting him as a homage to Headmaster Jr Siren
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081083)
Posted by DTR69 on June 2nd, 2010 @ 5:45am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Not bad. I kinda liek the Henkei's siren better.

WHy 3 do u mean you have 2 of henkei, or there are gonna be 3 variations in total?

There are some nasty bits so not needed. The henkei version has misted head lamps which wouldn't of cost anymore, these have totaly clear headlights which don't discguise the plugs where they are attatched aswell as the Henkei version does. Also that siren is awful but if it means not having to pay silly money, I'm all for it as red alert isn't high on my want lists. Last of all I hate the font used for fire rescue is one that the average joe on the street would pic, I doubt most of you would care, but as I've studied typography things like that really can put me off now, they say ignorance is bliss. It reminds me of G2, and also makes me think that some one who has no knowledge of design took ove rthe hasbrofication ,of this.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081105)
Posted by Darkclyde on June 2nd, 2010 @ 7:29am CDT

Amen to that :) thank goodness Hasbro put Red Alert on the Generation Line Up, I almost give up on buying Red Alert , the price for Henkei version nowadays for Red Alert is too damn ridiculous (at least for me)

The Fire Rescue Sign on the side is kinda meh ... but hey who am I to complain especially considering the price is for a grab and I don't intend to keep it MISC (reserves that spot for Red Alert Henkei IF I have the dough)
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081115)
Posted by Diem on June 2nd, 2010 @ 7:59am CDT
Weaaaaak.

The goofy looking font and the weird sirens totally devalue this.

Hasbro, do it right.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081119)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 2nd, 2010 @ 8:08am CDT
I'm happy with the Henkei version. Having said that, at least Hasbro did this guy at all. Shame his lightbar looks so, junky, I guess is the word I'm looking for.
:BOT:
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081124)
Posted by Stockade on June 2nd, 2010 @ 8:23am CDT
Not bad i guess, but rather see the bot pics more than anything. I still prefer my Henkei style when it comes down to the wire...
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081135)
Posted by Prowl1529 on June 2nd, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
Well i prefer my Henkei version but i will get this guy just for a little repaint and tolling to make this guy transformer into Wheeljack.
Just one add on i believe that Hasbro is going to put a black version head like the original toy not TV accuratte to the cartoon.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081146)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:05am CDT
Definitely getting this guy. Inferno needs his little buddy!
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081155)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:15am CDT
DTR69 wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Not bad. I kinda liek the Henkei's siren better.

I bought Universe Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. They're the same toy in different colors.

For me, toy buys boil down to that. Do I spend $14 on a toy I already have? Or do I take that money and buy a toy I don't have?

Then again, it might be fun to have an Autobot "Seeker" squadron.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081178)
Posted by omega666 on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:59am CDT
I wish I bought the Henkei version before the price went up. Can someone post a pic of the Henkei car mode for comparison?
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081182)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2010 @ 10:03am CDT
What the...I thought I commented on this last night...anyway, I think it looks great and Hasbro's got a winner of a line with Generations. I personally don't collect Red Alerts, but I think that is one great-looking toy. Sure, the light bar could be better, but I don't mind anything else, including the font.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081185)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 2nd, 2010 @ 10:17am CDT
I will pick this up when he becomes available.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081207)
Posted by rpetras on June 2nd, 2010 @ 11:07am CDT
I'm happy with my Henkei version, no need to re-buy.

Good for the folks that waited to have the opportunity.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081212)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 2nd, 2010 @ 11:16am CDT
I agree that the light bar is pretty bad. Other than that though, I think this is awesome news. I have watched so many Henkei Red Alerts on eBay it's not even funny. I am excited to see his head sculpt. Or is it going to be a repaint of sideswipe's like the Henkei version?
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081216)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 2nd, 2010 @ 11:23am CDT
Good for those that missed out on Henkei Alert in regards to a second (first?) chance at the toy at a reasonable price.

Bummer for those that missed out on Henkei Alert and have to suffer that light bar and the lack of the red painted head.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081221)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 2nd, 2010 @ 11:32am CDT
If I didn't buy Henkei RedAlert when he first came out, I'd be all over this. Only lil gripe is the light bar and that's just nit picking. Good score the US Transformers.
Re: Toy Image of Hasbro Classics / Generations Red Alert (1081242)
Posted by --B-- on June 2nd, 2010 @ 12:15pm CDT
After seeing pics of H-Red and then pics of G-Red in TFCC's mag, I like the bot mode of Generations better. I display in bot mode, so this is a must have for me, since I didn't manage to pick up H-Red yet.

The fire logo and lightbar aren't the best, but they will do for a character that I was never a huge fan of.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Novastar Nova Star MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Nova Prime TFCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron M-01 Shining OP Model Kit Clear Dark Blue" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Airport Blastoff Blades" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers - Evac Statue 12" Statue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers scramble city Combined soldier Bule Ticus Combaton D-69 from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universal Studios Exclusive Evac" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition CLIFFJUMPER Deluxe Figure Complete PLS READ!" on EBAY