Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp

Transformers News: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp

Friday, May 28th, 2010 3:39AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,788

In the Transformers mythos, when there's a Starscream in a toy line, Skywarp and Thundercracker aren't far behind. We recently showed you an in-depth look at Alternity Starscream, and now HK-TF member kenji cooks up some up close and personal pictures of Alternity Skywarp. Coloured in what Takara describes as 'Witch Purple Pearl', Skywarp has a slightly different face from Alternity Starscream, but the rest is a straight repaint. Check out the pictures below.

If you want another look at Alternity Skywarp, then Alfes 2010 also has a gallery of Skywarp's robot and alternate modes. With both Skywarp and Starscream, it warrants the question - when and where will we see Alternity Thundercracker?

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): HK-TF member kenji, Alfes 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079521)
Posted by Mach on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:46am CDT
Skywarp is so much nicer..... Decided just to get this :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079523)
Posted by Jenus on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:48am CDT
How I wish I did not have to cancel my pre-order for this. :-(
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079525)
Posted by Hal7300 on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:58am CDT
Mach wrote:Skywarp is so much nicer..... Decided just to get this :grin:

Hells yes!

A thing of beauty...
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079527)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:03am CDT
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079530)
Posted by Tekka on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:39am CDT
It will be mine!
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079531)
Posted by King Henrik on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:42am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:His headsculpt fits better than Starscreams. This guy's looking pretty sexy. I'll be happy to add them both to the collection.
:BOT:

Yeah the headsculpt is way way better than starscream... have no money now but may pick up just skywarp someday down the line.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079540)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 28th, 2010 @ 5:50am CDT
Seeing this version with the vastly superior head mold elevates SS from FAIL to EPIC FAIL! Despite my overall lack of enthusiasm for the Alternity line, I would have purchased SS in a heatbeat if the head mold would have matched the SW version. What was Takara thinking here?
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079541)
Posted by Mykltron on May 28th, 2010 @ 5:55am CDT
I'm very happy I ordered this one and not SS. Better head, car looks better in a darker colour even though it's not my favourite purple. I'm so stoked about this figure! I've just noticed he has car seat arms just like the first two Alternitys. They really seem to be making an effort on articulation with these.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079546)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:26am CDT
Wow, soooooooo much better then Starscream. I wasn't gonna get either, but now these pics might have sold me. I'll look for one at Botcon!
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079549)
Posted by Requiem Prime on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:54am CDT
Wow, maybe. Screamer's alright but Skywarp's face makes him look so much more G1. Funny how little it takes to go from good to pretty dang excellent. But still, these guys are pricy. If I don't do both Skywarp is seriously pushing to be favored.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079554)
Posted by WheelJacked on May 28th, 2010 @ 7:14am CDT
I can't believe how much better this looks than the Starscream version. This makes me actually want the figure now.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079565)
Posted by Diem on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:16am CDT
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079573)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:59am CDT
Diem wrote:I plan to get this guy and Starscream tomorrow and have a review and/or video up, ASAP. If anyone has anything they particularly want to see, please let me know.

A clear comparison of both heads if possible? Maybe a side by side kinda thing. Just to see em next to each other. That'd be cool. Thanks!
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079574)
Posted by omega666 on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:01am CDT
Just awesome. :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079576)
Posted by aps1977 on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
These mold designs have one of my biggest pet peeves - fake transformations. It's clear that the car's hood is supposed to be the robot's chest, but it's also clear that this is not actually the case. This isn't as bad as 2007TF's Jazz, with a grill and headlights on his alt mode roof, but since the Alternity line isn't trying to mimic a cartoon, comic, or movie aesthetic, I don't see the need for the "fakery". Makes me miss Alternators even more.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079586)
Posted by First-Aid on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:42am CDT
Wow...that is a SWEET figure. I am loving that auto mode.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079587)
Posted by Kibble on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
Damn...back to questioning which one I want! And probably only have the weekend to decide. I think Starscream's color scheme is better overall, but Sky's head does look much better.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079591)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:08am CDT
The purple is thankfully darker than the original pics suggested. With the new head sculpt and dark colors, this guy does indeed look a lot better than Starscream. I may pick this guy up eventually, but unfortunately I'm pretty broke right now, and these things are too expensive.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079592)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
Muuuch better than "Starscream".
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079596)
Posted by Darkclyde on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:37am CDT
Looks way better than Starscream's bugface

I was hoping not to jump into Alternity line, to expensive, but I think I will buy only this Skywarp

Ending Soon On eBay

Angry Birds Transformers Telepods Optimus Prime Bird Raceway Accessory Bundles - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 52 minutes 29 seconds
Loose in box RID TRANSFORMERS ARMADA ENERGON UNICRON not complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 55 minutes 57 seconds
Complete in box mint open Transformers CYBERTRON SCRAPMETAL RED 2006 - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 57 minutes 34 seconds
Complete in box open Transformers Cybertron Sideways Deluxe Class Decepticon - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 57 minutes 28 seconds
Complete in box mint rare Transformers Cybertron Defense SCATTORSHOT Voyager - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 57 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Fortress Maximus Titan Class Figure New - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 58 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition MP-13 SOUNDWAVE Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 59 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition Laser Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017