Toy Images of Gentei Strafe

Toy Images of  Gentei Strafe

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 8:08am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Mach   Views: 19,330

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Arthur Wen has again shared his haul at Actoys forum, this time is the Gentei Strafe. He uploaded the images of Strafe in both robot and alternate modes. As we all know that Strafe is a repaint version of universe/henkei Cyclonus, an image of both toys together is also available.

Re: Henkei Strafe soon to be arriving
Re: Henkei Strafe soon to be arriving
Re: Henkei Strafe soon to be arriving
Re: Henkei Strafe soon to be arriving
Re: Henkei Strafe soon to be arriving

Check out our very own gallery on Cyclonus if you wish to do comparison by clicking here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your latest Transformers news.

Credit(s): Arthur Wen, Actoys


This article was last modified on Sunday, September 6th, 2009 8:09am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990781)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 6th, 2009 @ 9:17am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:So, I've currently got Strafe on pre-order at BBTS, for $109.99. How is Robot Kingdom's shipping? Strafe's shipping at BBTS should be negligible since he's just going into my Pile Of Loot. Will it cost me less than $20 to ship from Robot Kingdom? Is it worth losing out on the convenience of Pile of Loot?


robotkingdom comes out to be 89.90 + 10.35 shipping = 100.25, so I guess its a little bit cheaper. While Tfsource is 99.95 + 9.72 shipping = 109.67, so its a 32 cents cheaper. :-?


How's RK's customer service? BBTS is fantastic.

I ordered DIA Commander from RK. Packing was pretty good but the shipping speed was great. Made it from HK to my house in GA in 4 business days.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990818)
Posted by Mkall on September 6th, 2009 @ 11:15am CDT
Henkei Strafe is an awesome repaint of an awesome figure.

I cannot wait for mine; well worth the money I paid.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990850)
Posted by Blurrz on September 6th, 2009 @ 12:11pm CDT
Oh for goodness sake, that redeco is just too freaking beautiful and too freaking expensive.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990872)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on September 6th, 2009 @ 12:39pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Oh for goodness sake, that redeco is just too freaking beautiful and too freaking expensive.


I love the red chrome wings. I'm a little disappointed that the thighs and fists look more orange than the original promo pictures, but I'll live.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990878)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 6th, 2009 @ 12:45pm CDT
After seeing those new pics posted, I come to one conclusion. I want his monitor, that thing looks sweet. :P
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990885)
Posted by Convotron on September 6th, 2009 @ 12:48pm CDT
Hmm, one thing I wish was retooled was the left fist. The Cyclonus mold deserves two fist holes!
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990891)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on September 6th, 2009 @ 12:54pm CDT
Convotron wrote:Hmm, one thing I wish was retooled was the left fist. The Cyclonus mold deserves two fist holes!


That's what she said?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990893)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 6th, 2009 @ 12:58pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Oh for goodness sake, that redeco is just too freaking beautiful and too freaking expensive.

Second. The more I see, the more I want. I beg you all, please don't post any more good galleries!
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990897)
Posted by Convotron on September 6th, 2009 @ 1:07pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Convotron wrote:Hmm, one thing I wish was retooled was the left fist. The Cyclonus mold deserves two fist holes!


That's what she said?

Sorry, couldn't resist.


Oh! Indeed. Haha, maybe this is why Hasbro hasn't made a big move to introduce more Fembots into the toyline...so many opportunities for innuendo.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990978)
Posted by Rated X on September 6th, 2009 @ 3:56pm CDT
Doesnt look anything like G1 Starfe. Anything to make a buck....
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (990988)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 6th, 2009 @ 4:22pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Doesnt look anything like G1 Starfe.


Correct in one way or another.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (991036)
Posted by magnusalpha on September 6th, 2009 @ 5:33pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Doesnt look anything like G1 Starfe. Anything to make a buck....


He looks enough like Strafe for me to say "yeah, he's a good homage to Strafe."

They even used an orange color that's very close to the G1 version's gun color.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (991067)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 6th, 2009 @ 6:21pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Doesnt look anything like G1 Starfe. Anything to make a buck....


It's a repaint, can't ask too much from it. As for the price, well they are trying to make a profit. :P
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (992467)
Posted by Mkall on September 8th, 2009 @ 7:07pm CDT
Well, got mine today, and he's as awesome as the pictures say!

However QC isn't 100%
There's a littke bit of a red paint splotch on the side of one of his legs, it look like someone tried to wipe it off, which only lead to some red streaks. However it is over pure white plastic, so I may try something to remove it.
His left shoulder doesn't fit in nicely, it pops out easily leaving a small gap
The Targetmaster's gun barrel is a gold plastic, and not a dull chrome like some might have thought. The only problem is, is the black mark on one side of the barrel where I suppose it was seperated from the dollop and not painted over. Not too noticable though.

Overall Quality-wise I give it a 90%. He's got stiff joints (aside fromt the aforementioned shoulder) and bold colours. The orange actually works with the figure. I very much enjoy him.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (992469)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 8th, 2009 @ 7:12pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Well, got mine today, and he's as awesome as the pictures say!

However QC isn't 100%
There's a littke bit of a red paint splotch on the side of one of his legs, it look like someone tried to wipe it off, which only lead to some red streaks. However it is over pure white plastic, so I may try something to remove it.
His left shoulder doesn't fit in nicely, it pops out easily leaving a small gap
The Targetmaster's gun barrel is a gold plastic, and not a dull chrome like some might have thought. The only problem is, is the black mark on one side of the barrel where I suppose it was seperated from the dollop and not painted over. Not too noticable though.

Overall Quality-wise I give it a 90%. He's got stiff joints (aside fromt the aforementioned shoulder) and bold colours. The orange actually works with the figure. I very much enjoy him.


Wonder why there's red paints on him? Hopefully mine has stiff joints as well. :-?
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (992500)
Posted by Mkall on September 8th, 2009 @ 7:46pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:
Mkall wrote:Wonder why there's red paints on him? Hopefully mine has stiff joints as well. :-?

His knees are red, which leads me to think someone missed with the brush, or sneezed at the wrong point in time.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (992510)
Posted by magnusalpha on September 8th, 2009 @ 7:56pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:
Mkall wrote:Wonder why there's red paints on him? Hopefully mine has stiff joints as well. :-?

His knees are red, which leads me to think someone missed with the brush, or sneezed at the wrong point in time.


I don't know anything about HasTak's manufacturing techniques, but for some reason I really doubt he's hand painted. I could be wrong, but that's my first instinct.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (992517)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 8th, 2009 @ 8:06pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:
Mkall wrote:Wonder why there's red paints on him? Hopefully mine has stiff joints as well. :-?

His knees are red, which leads me to think someone missed with the brush, or sneezed at the wrong point in time.


#-o Missed that. Are these srly painted by hand? I thought they would've been painted by machines now. :-?
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (992530)
Posted by Mkall on September 8th, 2009 @ 8:25pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote: #-o Missed that. Are these srly painted by hand? I thought they would've been painted by machines now. :-?

I dunno. I think that they still use labour for small detail stuff. However since I doubt any of the labourers post on this site, I'm just going on speculation.
Re: Toy Images of Gentei Strafe (1004360)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 28th, 2009 @ 1:51pm CDT
Got mine today, finally...

I have to say, he's entirely bad-ass. I know a lot of people balked at the price and the easy recolor into something we didn't expect, but the figure is SO damn nice.

The red paint is muted, so it absolutely does not give off the candy cane look. The face is very silver with the red helmet, which somehow makes it look less Cyclonus-ish. The orange parts on him look like they're made of the same plastic as the original Strafe's parts. I know a handful of people who are going to be bummed once they see the toy in hand after deciding not to purchase him.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
Twincast / Podcast #276:
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "AUTOBOT JAZZ figure TRANSFORMERS tiny titans TOY (no card) robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY