Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet

Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet

Thursday, August 12th, 2010 7:08am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 67,528

Seibertron member kotoys has posted new toy images of upcoming Hunt For The Decepticons series Rescue Ratchet. This is a Deluxe class figure and repaint version of ROTF Ratchet.

The paint application is paying homage to Ratchet's G1 counterpart.

You can view the full gallery of Rescue Ratchet over at Kotoys Forum here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): kotoys

This article was last modified on Thursday, August 12th, 2010 7:30am CDT

Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112260)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 12th, 2010 @ 7:50am CDT
I think the G1 deco works a lot better on this guy. Too bad I picked up the oringinal when part of me knew this was coming. Oh well, the original is still cool.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112297)
Posted by SwindleBot462 on August 12th, 2010 @ 9:10am CDT
Definetly picking this guy up along with Axor.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112353)
Posted by ALCblackout24 on August 12th, 2010 @ 11:31am CDT
NAaaaa ill skip rescue ratchet for now since i already have voyager rescue ratchet :roll:
put axor looks badass!Axor and lockdown would make a great Team! :D :CON: :CON:
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112355)
Posted by adamassc on August 12th, 2010 @ 11:36am CDT
meh, I got the regular dlx Ratchet, so no thanks.

makes you wonder how long before we see deluxes of Night Ops and Desert Tracker ratchet? then the new TF3 Ratchet.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112365)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on August 12th, 2010 @ 11:59am CDT
I think he looks a lot better in his G1 colors. Especially when I need a G1 style Ratchet. I missed getting the Classics version and the Movie Voyager version. Come to think of it, I don't have a single Movie-verse Ratchet. He's definitly getting added to my collection.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112515)
Posted by Blurrz on August 12th, 2010 @ 6:15pm CDT
Thank goodness it's not in Animated Rescue Ratchet colors..
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112578)
Posted by WolfDawg on August 12th, 2010 @ 8:06pm CDT
This actually looks REALLY good. I hated the Voyager Rescue Ratchet for some reason, but the deluxe mold makes the colors work. It actually seems like it'd display really well next to Classics Ratchet.

I'll definitely buy this, especially since the only movie-verse Ratchet that I have is the Best Buy Premium version.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112642)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on August 12th, 2010 @ 10:00pm CDT
Looking forward to this figure although he won't be known as Ratchet in my collection.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112680)
Posted by Senator Ratbat on August 12th, 2010 @ 11:34pm CDT

Although I really like the dense, beefed-up design of the Voyager Ratchet, I have to say that the Deluxe mold does far more justice to the actual movie's depiction of the character. The Voyager mold always kind of reminded me of Ratchet if Ironhide were ever to fall in battle - he'd naturally be the next one to step up to the plate, and with his extensive medical knowledge, he'd know exactly where to strike to make his hits count. And Ratchet did have a tinkering hobby in G1 - it may not have been noticeable, but his name was often mentioned alongside Wheeljack's in taking credit for building new gadgets & weaponry. So I don't find it such a stretch that he'd be able to thicken himself out with extra weaponry and various gadgets that would allow him to still somewhat function as a field medic while operating largely as Prime's muscle. But yeah, I see the Deluxe as "medic" Ratchet, and the Voyager as "sh*t done hit the fan, time to step up" Ratchet. So I'll definitely be picking the Rescue repaint up in the Deluxe mold, and I'll likely think "RED ALERT" every time he pops up at the corner of my eye, just like his Voyager counterpart.

Wow, got a little carried away with the Voyager Ratchet brainstorming.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112695)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 13th, 2010 @ 12:34am CDT
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112775)
Posted by Moft on August 13th, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:I picked up the standard version of this mold, and I really wish I had saved the money. These deluxe versions of the larger molds are not my ticket to fun land.

This isn't a scaled-down Voyager figure. The original yellow version of deluxe Ratchet was an entirely new mold.

What didn't you like about it? It has more articulation than voyager Ratchet, and his 'bot mode is much, much closer to his on-screen CGI model. The vehicle mode may be a little different, but its still by far the superior figure in my opinion.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1112800)
Posted by kookaburra on August 13th, 2010 @ 12:41pm CDT
Moft wrote:

While I can't speak for Prime Riblet (and I am going to be buying this toy, because, well, Ratchet) I am not a fan of the mold because it's so fiddly. I don't know if it was the instructions or my own ineptitude, but I actually gave up halfway through transforming him from vehicle to robot, and he languished in a half-transformed, exploded state at the bottom of my toy bin for months before I dug him out and tried it again. I'm also not a fan of the hip kibble, which (IMHO) kind of ruins his "more movie accurate than the Voyager" cred. And also the fact that he is a weird pick-up truck sort of thing, instead of a fictitious light rescue truck.

But I am glad that Ratchet got another mold, and I hope they do a new Voyager mold for the third movie, because the 2007 one is REALLY showing it's age.

Back to the toy - I do really like the way they've put white paint on the red plastic to break it up some - looks very sharp. And of course if they do a night ops repaint, I will buy it, because I have no willpower.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1114856)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 19th, 2010 @ 1:26am CDT
Senator Ratbat wrote:Loving the Deluxe version of this repaint. And I may be going out on a limb here, but he looks like he would have been more appropriately named as Red Alert - but there are many reasons for that to be an unreasonable expectation, so I'm not miffed or anything.

Wow, got a little carried away with the Voyager Ratchet brainstorming.

Some cool ideas there! Makes me want to buy it too. :D
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1114860)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 19th, 2010 @ 1:38am CDT
Moft wrote:

I know the deluxe is an entirely new mold. Thank you for trying to educate me though. The character representation was scaled down.
Re: Toy Images of HFTD Rescue Ratchet (1114952)
Posted by Stockade on August 19th, 2010 @ 7:28am CDT
I just wish the voyager mold was like this!! thin and true to his movie form, instead of being blocky and crappy. Anyway, his G1 colors are alot better looking compared to his movie colors.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY