Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster

Transformers News: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster

Friday, July 23rd, 2010 3:11AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 47,439

Chenkofs of TFClub has posted the out of the package images of San Diego Comic-con Convention Exclusive Generation 1 Autobot Blaster.
This version of reissue comes with 3 of the Autobot Blaster minions - Ramhorn, Steeljaw & Eject.

You can view the original post at HK-TF.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): Chenkofs of TFClub
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102004)
Posted by Seibertron on July 23rd, 2010 @ 3:22am CDT
It's interesting that two different versions of Blaster come out this week. I'm starting to think that "USB Hub" Blaster was delayed simply because it might fair better sales wise when SDCC Blaster comes out. Blaster fever baby!
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102067)
Posted by EyeOfTheTigatron on July 23rd, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
where art thou Rewind?
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102069)
Posted by Zeds on July 23rd, 2010 @ 6:48am CDT
EyeOfTheTigatron wrote:where art thou Rewind?

QFT! Is it too much to ask for one more to be in there?
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102073)
Posted by Seibertron on July 23rd, 2010 @ 7:00am CDT
Zeds wrote:
EyeOfTheTigatron wrote:where art thou Rewind?

QFT! Is it too much to ask for one more to be in there?

Yeah, amen to that. That's the only thing keeping this from being a perfect set in my book.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102077)
Posted by Crisdecal on July 23rd, 2010 @ 7:12am CDT
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102090)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 23rd, 2010 @ 7:30am CDT
Crisdecal wrote:Already have the Takara Collection reissue of Blaster. Now all I need is the Encore reissue #15 to have the Eject and Rewind reissue effect. Does anyone know why the Cassette #15 box reissue with Eject & Rewind is worth so much more than the other 2 Encore cassette reissue sets combined?

There were far fewer of them produced IIRC.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102107)
Posted by Zeds on July 23rd, 2010 @ 8:22am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Zeds wrote:
EyeOfTheTigatron wrote:where art thou Rewind?

QFT! Is it too much to ask for one more to be in there?

Too right!
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102117)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 23rd, 2010 @ 8:46am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

There were far fewer of them produced IIRC.

I don't even know if that's true.

At BotCon in 2009 they couldn't GIVE those Encore 15 sets away. They were $25-30 in most of the booths.

There's probably less of them in general, that much is true. Something else is at play though or people are just frustrated at what they can't have to finish a set.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102171)
Posted by Joetx on July 23rd, 2010 @ 10:28am CDT
Can this Blaster hold 2 cassettes like Soundblaster?
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102193)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 23rd, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
txex97 wrote:Can this Blaster hold 2 cassettes like Soundblaster?

Don't count on it.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102204)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on July 23rd, 2010 @ 11:36am CDT
Hasbro is doing all the catering to fans this year that we've been screaming about for a decade, and this is no exception. I've had my eyes on a G1 Blaster for many years now, and now I've got no excuse beyond not finishing in the race to get these on HTS before they sell out.

Real shame about no Rewind, however. Considering the price of Encore 15 and the fact that I don't need a fifth Ravage, I'm more apt to spend $15 - 30 and pick up a loose G1 Rewind before everyone else has the same idea and the price for THAT skyrockets.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102401)
Posted by muswp1 on July 23rd, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
Any ideas as to when (or if) this will be availble on HTS??
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1102470)
Posted by gigazarak on July 24th, 2010 @ 1:22am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Zeds wrote:
EyeOfTheTigatron wrote:where art thou Rewind?

QFT! Is it too much to ask for one more to be in there?

We'll probably get a Rewind in the inevitable Twincast release, if there is one. *hopes* I already have a Blaster! The minions make me consider having a second!
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103246)
Posted by Cybertronian on July 25th, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
EyeOfTheTigatron wrote:where art thou Rewind?

"Where art thou Rewind?" from what I see, he's wearing Eject's body. Notice the red (not orange) face. That's Rewind.
(Which reminds me of the oopsie 1987 Rewind I bought. I call him "Black Eject" -- on purpose this time -- because he's wearing Eject's paint apps instead of his own.)
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103488)
Posted by Stockade on July 26th, 2010 @ 8:01am CDT

It's a good thing i got all of my Encore cassettes to match with Blaster: old and new.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103496)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 26th, 2010 @ 8:24am CDT
Stockade wrote:Does anyone know if Hasbro fixed Blaster eject button? I have the original Blaster and button doesn't work on that one either and i think theres a fix, but not time for that yet.

That issue is a hit-and-miss, because it's an internal missassembly issue. I believe there were none with Takara's Bookbox release.
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103504)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on July 26th, 2010 @ 8:32am CDT
does any one know if blaster is already sold out on HTS? I have been looking all morning and havent seen him at all just Prowl :sad:
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103509)
Posted by 3.8TransAM on July 26th, 2010 @ 8:38am CDT
Haven't seen Blaster yet, Prowl is up however.

Been watching since 8:30a, central time
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103518)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on July 26th, 2010 @ 8:46am CDT
so there is still hope! :D first thing i did when i woke up was check HTS on my iphone while i was still half asleep in bed :grin:
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of SDCC Exclusive G1 Autobot Blaster (1103525)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 26th, 2010 @ 8:50am CDT
just hope he comes up before i have to leave for work or i might miss out
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked