Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream

Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 4:28am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 42,885

From the recent announcement, we know that Takara Tomy will include the Leader Class Movie Starscream as part of the Masterpiece series.

Thanks to KOTOYS, we get to see the clear images of MPM-01 Starscream.

You can view the full gallery here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): KOTOYS

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 18th, 2010 4:39am CDT

Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099548)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2010 @ 4:38am CDT
Tempting to get the TT MP version, but I need to stick to my few to none movie toys.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099552)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 18th, 2010 @ 4:49am CDT
Seeing this gallery, especially the comparison shots to Movie repaint Deep Space SS, confirms my opinion of this figure: not a MP. This looks no better than a premium repaint-doesn't even appear to have any remolded parts. Definitely not seeing 2x the figure here. Buster Prime was way better than this.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099561)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:46am CDT
the vehicle mode looks so much like a regular model plane!, if i ever get this
(which i probably wont since its probably 3x times more expensive than the other one) then i have no idea what mode i should display it in!
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099564)
Posted by I want to be prime on July 18th, 2010 @ 6:06am CDT
I think I will pass on this and just get the HFTD version, What I would like to see in the masterpiece series is more G1 based figures.

Saying that what would anyone else like to see as amasterpiece figure, to get things started a list of possibles;

Optimus Primal
Beast Wars Megatron
The remaining Dinobots.
Soundwave with Ravage, laserbeak, Rumble and frenzy
Hot Rod
Jazz
G1 Bumbleebee
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099580)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 18th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
I admit this is a little underwhelming, but then again real F22s aren't shiny. I still want this version though.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099593)
Posted by Corduroy Bear on July 18th, 2010 @ 8:32am CDT

Actually, real F-22's ARE shiny. Most of the aircraft is painted in a weird metallic gray that changes tone depending on the angle of the light hitting it. That's why in some photos the radome and edges of the aircraft (which are painted in a RAM paint that does not have this effect) sometimes appear lighter and sometimes appear darker than the rest of the plane.

It gives modelers fits to replicate the look, and has led to products like this:
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099594)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 18th, 2010 @ 8:38am CDT
Movieverse Shattered Glass Masterpiece Starscream? What a title. For those not in the know, red Decepticon symbols are from Shattered Glass. Why is he mistransformed in such an obvious way? The legs are too straight. I am not sure which version I am going to buy. Hopefully the tattoos from Hasbro's can be removed with a little alcohol.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099601)
Posted by Rated X on July 18th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT

And for the record, this version looks so sweet that every time I look at my Hasbro version, I hate the tattoos even more...
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099614)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Absolutely marvelous. When this first came out, I was expecting just a shinier version of the American release, but he looks like a real F-22! If a not-so-smart-kid got this without the packaging, I bet he would think it wasn't a Transformer, it looks so real :lol: :lol:
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099619)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 18th, 2010 @ 9:51am CDT
Rated X wrote:To me Leader and Masterpiece are like the same thing both in size and transformation skill level. It just seems odd because Masterpiece has only been used for G1 and Leader has only been used for the movie and animated lines. The 2 have never crossed paths before but it makes perfect sense. In my opinion all the Leader class figures have been "Masterpieces" when compared to their deluxe or voyager counterparts.

I will agree with that on ROTF Leader Optimus Prime, however, not all leader classes have been up to the level of Masterpice. Would you class Movie 1 Optimus a Masterpiece or both Megatron's? What about Animated Megatron? It is pretty easy to transform compared to Masterpiece figures.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099632)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on July 18th, 2010 @ 10:51am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

A TOY THAT BIG COMES APART..........
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099635)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 18th, 2010 @ 11:00am CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:i would have to disagree on Rotf Prime........it sucks. The feet on Prime come off way to easy.

A TOY THAT BIG COMES APART..........

Well, I guess I got lucky with my RotF Prime. I have no trouble with him at all. Also, the only way to better it was to slightly remold it and give him a transforming gun.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099644)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 18th, 2010 @ 11:21am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

A TOY THAT BIG COMES APART..........

Which TakaraTomy did: Buster Optimus Prime. :P

I'm not getting Leader Screamer either way, I'll be happy with a discounted Voyager. He's simply too big and gimmicky for his type of character.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099648)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 18th, 2010 @ 11:38am CDT

Oh, the toy...hm, it looks pretty cool. I won't be getting one though since I already have a movie Starscream, don't need another one.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099655)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 18th, 2010 @ 11:59am CDT
Not worth $100.00 by any stretch of the imagination. Now that I have 'Screamer in hand, I can honestly say he is. Optimus, yes. Him, no.

However, I do like the fact that their's isn't made out of gold and brown plastic. I still fear that ours will crumble when the time is right. Just way too much gold to be playing with.

Blackstreak wrote:Is it just me or does the KO Toys label in the upper left corner look like a rip off Go-Bots label?

That's exactly what it is. He thinks he's being funny and cool, but he's not. And I'm so sick and tired of Go-Bot hate. Their show and movie were better quality than G1.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099750)
Posted by whacko on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:29pm CDT
This really isn't a Masterpiece-class figure. I mean, the original Masterpiece Starscream has amazing detailing that goes far beyond what this figure demonstrates, and practically no robot kibble in Jet mode.

This toy is just a tarted up Leader-class figure and while it looks nice, a masterpiece it is not.

Besides there are already too many Masterpiece Starscream figures. Two main colorways, and then repaints as the other Seekers. How about a Masterpiece Soundwave or something? Masterpiece G1 Bumblebee or Ironhide? Full-trailer Masterpiece Ultra Magnus? That would be an awesome figure.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099764)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 18th, 2010 @ 5:59pm CDT
fail.

i like my deluxe just fine
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099766)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 18th, 2010 @ 6:03pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:fail.

i like my deluxe just fine

...Deluxe? I think you might have the wrong figure in mind. There was no Deluxe Class Starscream...
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099767)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 18th, 2010 @ 6:04pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:fail.

i like my deluxe just fine

oooooh yeah right. i think it was a voyager class.
Re: Toy Images of Takara MPM-01 Masterpiece Movie Starscream (1099769)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 18th, 2010 @ 6:06pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:fail.

i like my deluxe just fine

oooooh yeah right. i think it was a voyager class.

At least try the US Leader Class. If it doesn't change your mind into upgrading, nothing will.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY