Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock

Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock

Friday, May 21st, 2010 6:09am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 44,373

As the 3rd wave of Takara version Transformers Animated figures will be officially released this weekend in Japan, Japanese Transformers collector - Alfes 2010 once again gives us a closer look at the leader of the Dinobots - Grimlock.
Takara gives Grimlock a shiny metallic paint work, and the color used are closer to Grimlock's Generation 1 counterpart.

Check out the toy images and box art below:

To view the full gallery, head to Alfes 2010's blog here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

This article was last modified on Friday, May 21st, 2010 3:06pm CDT

Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1076982)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on May 21st, 2010 @ 6:22am CDT
Nice, but not different/superior enough to justify buying again.

More dinobots is never a bad thing though...
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1076990)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 21st, 2010 @ 6:32am CDT
I actually like the Hasbro toy better. The Takara Animated box art is great though.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1076997)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 21st, 2010 @ 7:01am CDT
Need to do a little investigating to see if I actually want him or not.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077022)
Posted by Diem on May 21st, 2010 @ 8:08am CDT
Is it true that this mold has no way to store its weapon in dino-mode?
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077030)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 21st, 2010 @ 8:30am CDT
Diem wrote:Is it true that this mold has no way to store its weapon in dino-mode?

"Correct Boy Wonder! Wah, waaah, wahhh, waaaaaaaah."
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077031)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 21st, 2010 @ 8:34am CDT

Yea, no good way at all.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077033)
Posted by Diem on May 21st, 2010 @ 8:37am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

"Correct Boy Wonder! Wah, waaah, wahhh, waaaaaaaah."

Holy Deal-breaker, Batman!
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077034)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 21st, 2010 @ 8:40am CDT
Diem wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:

"Correct Boy Wonder! Wah, waaah, wahhh, waaaaaaaah."

Holy Deal-breaker, Batman!

Nah, the swords cool enough, and it's a G1 homage....right?
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077040)
Posted by Diem on May 21st, 2010 @ 9:00am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Diem wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:

"Correct Boy Wonder! Wah, waaah, wahhh, waaaaaaaah."

Holy Deal-breaker, Batman!

Nah, the swords cool enough, and it's a G1 homage....right?

I never liked G1 Grimlock...but I had no real beef with the Animated version. Maybe if he gets a little cheaper...
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077041)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 21st, 2010 @ 9:00am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Diem wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:

"Correct Boy Wonder! Wah, waaah, wahhh, waaaaaaaah."

Holy Deal-breaker, Batman!

Nah, the swords cool enough, and it's a G1 homage....right?

You may want to add the other two can't store their weapons either. Swoop can carry his, but that's it.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077046)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 21st, 2010 @ 9:12am CDT
As nice as the shiny is most of the time, I kinda prefer the dull look of the Hasbro release.

Of course I already got the Hasbro release, so either way I wouldn't be getting this.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077060)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 21st, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT
Probably the only thing I didn't like about Animated was the multitude of accessories that don't store in alt mode. Grimlock, Swoop, and Snarl; Prowl's first release had the traffic light "mace"; Headmaster... I have a bag full of Animated parts :-(
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077066)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 21st, 2010 @ 10:45am CDT
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Animated Grimlock (1077135)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 21st, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Easiest way to fix that is to display them in bot modes bud. Sadly all my Animated figs are in a chest because I am out of display space. I have all kinds of other toys I have no idea what to do with too. I'm an American! I buy things I don't need! Yeah! :lol:
:BOT:

I have 1250+ figures and enough room to display 50 tops. :-(

I need a new house.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Mirage New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "??Transformers Combiner Wars G2 BRUTICUS figure set Hasbro 2015 - Complete ??" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Decepticon Clones Wingspan Legends Titan Return pounce G1 beast" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Wreckers, Deluxe Topspin Human Alliance Leadfoot & Roadbuster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Generations Titan Class Trypticon, Full-Tilt!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on EBAY
Buy "Topspin 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY