Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version)

Transformers News: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron  (Classics / Henkei Version)

Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 12:43AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 38,160

Transformersbay - A Malaysian Transformers forum has posted an image gallery for the upcoming Transformers Sons Of Cybertron Box set featuring the clear version of Classics Optimus Prime & Henkei Rodimus.

This set is scheduled to be released in the third quarter of 2010, kindly visit our various sponsors if you are keen to get this set.

You can view all images here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): TransformersBay
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094884)
Posted by Shadowstream on July 7th, 2010 @ 1:22am CDT
Keeping in mind the apparent necessity of Classics Optimus Prime to be constructed out of particular plastic material in order to facilitate stable construction, I question the logic in making any of his parts translucent since there are so few parts that can be done that way.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094885)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 7th, 2010 @ 1:24am CDT
It's great that they're firing up the Rodimus molds, again, but translucent plastic just doesn't look good on him. The painted parts stick out like a sore thumb.

The translucent Optimus? Pass. What a waste of plastic.

Still, for those of you who like this kind of thing, great!
And still, TakaraTomy deserves a +1 for Rodimus making a comeback.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094896)
Posted by Cshen on July 7th, 2010 @ 2:26am CDT
Optimus doesn't look so great. Rodimus looks wonderful. Well, a Rodimus for A little over $60 is okay I guess? I got into classics a bit late, and before I knew it, Rodimus was at $75+. So I think I'll pick up this set.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094897)
Posted by DMSL on July 7th, 2010 @ 3:20am CDT
Out of all the Prime molds they just had to pick the crappy one /sigh

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094922)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 7th, 2010 @ 6:34am CDT
Worst Optimus mold ever!
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094931)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:22am CDT
So does BBTS have a preorder for these yet and am I missing it?
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094932)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:27am CDT
DMSL wrote:Out of all the Prime molds they just had to pick the crappy one /sigh

:BANG_HEAD:

OK, any other suggestions for a deluxe-sized G1 Prime mold that hasn't been done in clear yet? In case you're suggesting the Voyager:

Henkei Clear Convoy
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094933)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:31am CDT
im still amazed by how im getting this special edition rodimus, and an optimus (lame as this mold may be) for less than what a regular edition classics or henkei rodimus would cost. usually its the other way around.

anyway, i cant wait to see how this hot rod looks in the protector armor
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094936)
Posted by Mach on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:43am CDT

:BANG_HEAD:

Well, Takara knows that if any exclusive promotion is this prime standalone, nobody will buy it....

Takara also knows that whatever crap they throw in to partner Henkei Rodimus, people will buy it....

So i say they know what they are doing.... :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094937)
Posted by DMSL on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:46am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:BANG_HEAD:

Henkei Clear Convoy

War for Cybertron Prime or the Animated Prime from the 2-pack with Megatron.

:grin:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094938)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:51am CDT
DMSL wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:BANG_HEAD:

Henkei Clear Convoy

War for Cybertron Prime or the Animated Prime from the 2-pack with Megatron.

:grin:

Wait a while for the first, order the other Sons of Cybertron for the second ;)
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094939)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:53am CDT
DMSL wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:BANG_HEAD:

Henkei Clear Convoy

War for Cybertron Prime or the Animated Prime from the 2-pack with Megatron.

:grin:

that animated prime is being used for the animated sons of cybertron set, and WFC is probably considered too new for this set
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094946)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2010 @ 8:23am CDT
In regards to having a better Deluxe Optimus being used in this set, how about the RobotMasters Convoy figure?
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094948)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 7th, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I regards to having a better Deluxe Optimus being used in this set, how about the RobotMasters Convoy figure?

Too small and possibly too fragile. The waist construction isn't too good I've heard and I could see a lot of breakage with the less flexible clear plastic.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094950)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 7th, 2010 @ 8:38am CDT
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094957)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 7th, 2010 @ 8:57am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Does anybody else get a Shattered Glass vibe from the box art? Optimus looks like he is about to go postal and it looks like Rodimus has facial hair. I'm not getting this relese but I hope this means the Rodimus mold might get used again by either Hasbro or TakaraTomy.

You mean this one?

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... mus/19001/
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1094974)
Posted by --B-- on July 7th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
That Rodimus looks pretty sharp. If it was regular release I would pick one up.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1095020)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on July 7th, 2010 @ 12:32pm CDT
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1095030)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 7th, 2010 @ 12:45pm CDT
DaiShanPrime wrote:I don't understand why clear figures are so popular. I get it when they have Ghost MP SS. It makes sense to me. The rest I just don't know. Can anyone enlighten me? I feel I might be missing out or something.

In the right light they're so shiny! Shiny! :shock:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Transformers Sons Of Cybertron (Classics / Henkei Version) (1095069)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on July 7th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

In the right light they're so shiny! Shiny! :shock:

I am all for Bling, just not transparent bling ;)
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 61%
You save: 47%
You save: 28%
You save: 25%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Buy "Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Starscream Robot, 2-Inch" on AMAZON
You save: 20%