Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime

Sunday, February 14th, 2010 10:43PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 15,615

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Actoys member 阿森一族 has got his hand on the upcoming Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime figure and posted images on Actoys forum.

The main difference of Takara Version compare to Hasbro Version TFA Optimus Prime is the metallic paint application on the figure.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

See the orginal post here: http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid- ... age-1.html
Credit(s): 阿森一族 of actoys
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047272)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 15th, 2010 @ 3:35am CST
You know, having recently picked up a second voyager Prime to have the faction symbol, I can't justify this to myself. Especially considering I bought nearly all of the line already. This one looks nice, I really hope Animated does well overseas. I'd love more figures if possible. Easily a favorite of mine.
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047412)
Posted by Julie85 on February 15th, 2010 @ 2:07pm CST
He looks awesome! I preordered him and and I can't wait to get him!
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047456)
Posted by mick1122 on February 15th, 2010 @ 4:15pm CST
I know these are plastic, but I have a dumb question. Does the metallic finish suffer any flaking issues? I pretty much have all of the Animated line but a few of the Takara figures look good enough to maybe get as well.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047473)
Posted by It Is Him on February 15th, 2010 @ 4:57pm CST
Flux Convoy wrote:You know, having recently picked up a second voyager Prime to have the faction symbol, I can't justify this to myself. Especially considering I bought nearly all of the line already. This one looks nice, I really hope Animated does well overseas. I'd love more figures if possible. Easily a favorite of mine.
:BOT:


What's the story behind this? I only discovered there's a variant last night, and I know nothing about it.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047562)
Posted by Grayskullalala on February 15th, 2010 @ 10:53pm CST
They look nice but as with some of my painted toys like revoltech prime/megatron, and some of my macfarlanes, they could suffer the sticky paint issue - where the paints become sticky and would eventually attract dust. Not sure if anyone here had that problem but i certainly had those. Im in Southeast Asia.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047581)
Posted by El Duque on February 15th, 2010 @ 11:53pm CST
It Is Him wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:You know, having recently picked up a second voyager Prime to have the faction symbol, I can't justify this to myself. Especially considering I bought nearly all of the line already. This one looks nice, I really hope Animated does well overseas. I'd love more figures if possible. Easily a favorite of mine.
:BOT:


What's the story behind this? I only discovered there's a variant last night, and I know nothing about it.


It was a running change about half way down the line. They started adding the faction symbol to the shoulder. I've been tempted to get this since I have an intial run figure that lacks it, but I've resisted the urge so far.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047608)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 16th, 2010 @ 3:03am CST
El Duque wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:You know, having recently picked up a second voyager Prime to have the faction symbol, I can't justify this to myself. Especially considering I bought nearly all of the line already. This one looks nice, I really hope Animated does well overseas. I'd love more figures if possible. Easily a favorite of mine.
:BOT:


What's the story behind this? I only discovered there's a variant last night, and I know nothing about it.


It was a running change about half way down the line. They started adding the faction symbol to the shoulder. I've been tempted to get this since I have an intial run figure that lacks it, but I've resisted the urge so far.

Yup, this. Although I caved and got one.
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047628)
Posted by It Is Him on February 16th, 2010 @ 5:58am CST
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eyes peeled for one.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047812)
Posted by El Duque on February 16th, 2010 @ 6:04pm CST
Flux Convoy wrote:
El Duque wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:You know, having recently picked up a second voyager Prime to have the faction symbol, I can't justify this to myself. Especially considering I bought nearly all of the line already. This one looks nice, I really hope Animated does well overseas. I'd love more figures if possible. Easily a favorite of mine.
:BOT:


What's the story behind this? I only discovered there's a variant last night, and I know nothing about it.


It was a running change about half way down the line. They started adding the faction symbol to the shoulder. I've been tempted to get this since I have an intial run figure that lacks it, but I've resisted the urge so far.

Yup, this. Although I caved and got one.
:BOT:


Considering how sketchy that whole gravity driven auto-morph waist is it might not be a bad idea for me to pick up a back-up anyway. Yeah.........that justifies it. 8-}
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047875)
Posted by Blurrz on February 16th, 2010 @ 11:06pm CST
The biggest importance of this figure.. the Autobot logo, something the Hasbro version failed to include..
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047898)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 17th, 2010 @ 12:37am CST
Blurrz wrote:The biggest importance of this figure.. the Autobot logo, something the Hasbro version failed to include..

Heh, uh read the rest of the thread. Hasbro did include the faction symbol. It was running change later on. I just got one a few weeks ago.
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Version Transformers Animated Optimus Prime (1047902)
Posted by Blurrz on February 17th, 2010 @ 12:44am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blurrz wrote:The biggest importance of this figure.. the Autobot logo, something the Hasbro version failed to include..

Heh, uh read the rest of the thread. Hasbro did include the faction symbol. It was running change later on. I just got one a few weeks ago.
:BOT:


Der.... I got nipped them. Damn.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
Twincast / Podcast #234:
"Hell in a Cel"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "?SALE?Hasbro Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron Decepticon Shockwave in stock" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron SKYWARP Thrilling 30th" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe STARSCREAM Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Ratchet War For Cybertron Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Darkmount Straxus & Skullgrin Lot Skull Grin Lot CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SKULLGRIN 100% COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations SIEGE War for Cybertron SOUNDWAVE 8" Figure MIB" on EBAY