Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron

Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron

Monday, September 20th, 2010 8:37am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 51,334

Takara Transformers 2010 Unicron was released in Japan as well as other Asian countries over last weekend.

Singapore Transformers collector rainningstorm is kind enough to share her latest haul including the Transformers 2010 Unicron and allowed Seibertron News Crew Member Mach to take photos of it.

This is a repaint version of Armada Unicron with a brand new head sculpt, to closely match the appearance of his classic Generation 1 movie counterpart.

Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): rainningstorm

This article was last modified on Monday, September 20th, 2010 6:55pm CDT

Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126636)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:43am CDT
*drool* What a world of difference a new head and G1 colors make... Wish I could afford him.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126638)
Posted by Jesterhead on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:52am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wish I could afford him.

Me too. There is just way to many new releases (TF and non-TF) right now, which are "must haves". Maybe I shouldn't have bought a new car in the spring..? :P
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126639)
Posted by Mach on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:53am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Ok, I'm excited to see this coming around now. Looks good. Kind of unfortunate to see his parts dumped unceremoniously in a bad there.

Shipping this puppy will be interesting for a lot of folks. That's going to be one big box delivered to my office.

Yes, toy box itself is HUGE..... So pretty costly I guess to ship this monster...
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126642)
Posted by freaky777 on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:11am CDT
Mach wrote:

Yea really huge box! Haven seen such a huge box in a while for such a low price on the toy itself.. really nice box art too.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126643)
Posted by HighPrime on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:13am CDT
Looks great. Was a tad concerned from the previous over-contrasted photos, but seeing the real deal has put those to rest for good. Thanks for sharing!

Can't wait for this to arrive :)
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126645)
Posted by --B-- on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:18am CDT
That's really nice. I wish I could get that, but it's bit much for me right now.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126647)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:22am CDT
As much as I've enjoyed the Armada Unicron, seeing this in all of it's glory makes me wish I could get my hands on it.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126648)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:29am CDT
Not too shabby!

I'll actually be in Singapore in a few weeks. Wonder if this will fit in an overhead bin on the plane? :D
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126649)
Posted by joevill on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:30am CDT
I really hope they release this state side.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126650)
Posted by Mach on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:Not too shabby!

Wow, why dont you call me then? I will bring u around to toys' whore house here.... Cheap to hunt down Japanese stuffs....
:grin:
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126654)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:44am CDT
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126655)
Posted by Mach on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:45am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Nice! Looking forward to mine! PS where did you get yours and for how much? I preordered mine for $140 :D

Mine is from Robo Robo... SGD$135
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126657)
Posted by Captziltoid on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:48am CDT
damn. i have the og unicron. the new paintjob is awesome. i may have to sell my og one and get this. :BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126662)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 20th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
Epic. But I can stick to Armada Unicron. Looks awesome though.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126671)
Posted by Rated X on September 20th, 2010 @ 10:21am CDT
Thts the way unicron is supposed to be !!! Glad I pre-ordered him. A bit costly, but this is my childhood dream were talking about. After seeing this version, I am just not satisfied with my Universe version that resembles Armada Unicron where he plays the role of a lifeless being that sucks up power.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126684)
Posted by Lackadaisical on September 20th, 2010 @ 10:47am CDT
I'll be beaten but 2 me the Armada Unicron (which is the one I have) is as good as this one can gets to be. But sure if one doesn't have it, can hopefully feel this is a G1 hommage and find there reasons to get it. Too sad is the packaging, doesn´t make any justice to the figure, nor provides a decent display box, that's another low, even when my Unicron's box ended up as my cats' meditation room ;).
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126685)
Posted by Lackadaisical on September 20th, 2010 @ 10:51am CDT
But, as almost anything released this year, I'd love to get them, and maybe I would if I had more room to put another freaking giant planet. And off course if it were cheaper.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126702)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2010 @ 11:18am CDT
Do mine eyes deceive me or doth he have green eyes instead of red? :shock:
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126708)
Posted by ZenPrime on September 20th, 2010 @ 11:31am CDT
I couldn't bring myself to keep the pre-order I had on BBTS, I just can't justify spending $150+ on a $50 figure which I already have multiples of, even if it has a shiny new coat of paint on it. I rather put that money towards a new mold/figure like MP Rodimus or the PG Strike Freedom Gundam that was just announced.
Re: Toy Images of Transformers 2010 Unicron (1126734)
Posted by Mkall on September 20th, 2010 @ 12:27pm CDT
I'm rather annoyed, only because I was lead to believe that there would be a new headsculpt that was closer to the animation model

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Hardhead & Duros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY