Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime

Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime

Monday, March 29th, 2010 5:43am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 53,560

Energon Pub member s250 managed to obtain War For Cybertron Optimus Prime and shares a gallery with us. War For Cybertron Optimus Prime will be part of the Transformers Generations toy line. Check out the toy images below:

Stay tuned to Seibertron, the Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): s250

This article was last modified on Monday, March 29th, 2010 3:25pm CDT

Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059126)
Posted by originaldave77 on March 29th, 2010 @ 5:51am CDT
His robot mode torso - you can see Kremzeek or ROTF Devastator's face - if you squint.

I think it's a solid figure. They giving this away as a pre-order bonus?
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059130)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 29th, 2010 @ 6:20am CDT
Very nice. Im not so keen on the alt mode but the bot mode more than makes up for it, Cybertronian alt modes can get away with pretty much anything. Looking forward to the others in this line.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059134)
Posted by --B-- on March 29th, 2010 @ 6:55am CDT
If this were a 3rd party or high dollar exclusive or import, I would pass, it's nice, but not a must have.

The fact that it is regular release and I can buy it pretty much anyhwere for less than 12 bucks, makes it Buy on Sight.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059135)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 29th, 2010 @ 6:57am CDT
Looks frekn sweet! I just wish he came with his giant axe! :CON:
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059142)
Posted by Diem on March 29th, 2010 @ 7:17am CDT
Meh. Overused character, vehicle mode doesn't look like anything. This I can easily live without.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059154)
Posted by heltskelt on March 29th, 2010 @ 7:44am CDT
The gun sits too high on alt mode, but it will be bought either way. I hope that Bumblebee's figure doesn't look cheap.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059155)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 29th, 2010 @ 7:46am CDT
Looks really good, but like Flux said, that pink needs to hit the road.

That better be a pre-production detail, because there's no reason to not do a silver outlined Autobot symbol on a red figure.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059156)
Posted by Flashwave on March 29th, 2010 @ 7:56am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Looks really good, but like Flux said, that pink needs to hit the road.

I can agree that th epink is ugly, but if you recall from the games, the faction symbols are halographic backlit projections, not badges or light boxes like previous generations. And in that light, I can actually see the pinkish beign projected sperate from the armor

Yes, I'd love it in Silver, but the pink faction symbol here I feel does it's asigned job well enough.

I keep looking at the vehicle mode, specifically the angled fin in the back half of the truck, thinking "If that could fold out, and pivot down, he's down pat for a TM2 Primal repaint."

I don't know why, the robot mode looks nothing like Primal. If only I still had Photoshop, I'd do a mockup of what I'm seeing.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059158)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 29th, 2010 @ 8:03am CDT
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059161)
Posted by Mach on March 29th, 2010 @ 8:12am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:This is awesome and I also like the fact that it uses a dark shade of gray plastic instead of the fugly light gray.

Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059162)
Posted by No One on March 29th, 2010 @ 8:17am CDT
I hate this, I would have preferred War Within Toys.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059163)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 29th, 2010 @ 8:21am CDT
Mach wrote:So u can imagine that the Takara version, those gray parts will become metallic silver....

Along with metallic blue and read, damn why must they make it so hard for me, WHY!?
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I hate this, I would have preferred War Within Toys.

Do I sense some self-hate?:P
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059178)
Posted by Rated X on March 29th, 2010 @ 9:05am CDT
Very bizzare...kind of small to be Prime.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059180)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 29th, 2010 @ 9:08am CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I hate this, I would have preferred War Within Toys.

Meow?

Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059183)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 29th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
I think it looks great so far, I'll be picking it up. I can even get behind the pink, given the context. Looks almost like neon lights to me, kind of like Tron. I think it's cool. The shade of plastic used here is looking pretty good.

But is it me, or do his shoulders still look mistransformed?
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059185)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 29th, 2010 @ 9:18am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I hate this, I would have preferred War Within Toys.

Meow?

Oh War Within Titaniums... Had you not been fiddly, falling over clumps of metal, I might have loved you more. Maybe. No promises. I'll take a new iteration of Prime over something I already have any day.
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059186)
Posted by Blurrz on March 29th, 2010 @ 9:19am CDT
Can't wait for this epicness.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059224)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 29th, 2010 @ 10:32am CDT
I like it. It brings to mind G1, Movie, and Animated Prime and the vehicle mode is pretty slick. I'm sure the final product will have a bit more paint, his giant axe, and *maybe* the Matrix. If not then I'm sure RepoLables and other third party providers will answer our pleas for the low-low price of plenty of cash. I know I'd give it to them.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059226)
Posted by Samsonator on March 29th, 2010 @ 10:40am CDT
Issue with not having the axe aside, I am loving this figure. I've got a spot for him all picked out on my shelf of Primes.
Re: Toy Images of War For Cybertron Optimus Prime (1059229)
Posted by im ruined on March 29th, 2010 @ 10:59am CDT
:APPLAUSE: SOLD definitely SOLD i have ALOT of PRIMES & THIS IS THE SHIT those ears are pretty badass

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Human Alliance Autobot BACKFIRE & Spike Witwicky action figure" on EBAY